RemedySpot.com

's motd Tues Dex 23, 2008 - Mistletoe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

GIVE ME A KISS!

Tuesday, 23 December 2008

I mean it! Stand over here now and give me a kiss! No, you're too far away. Come a little closer, that's it, this spot right here. Perfect! Now pucker up! Today we're not going to talk bout your toes, uh-uh. We're going to talk about mistletoe!

According to history, if two enemies had been fighting, if the two of them met beneath the branches of a mistletoe tree, they had to lay down their arms and not fight for the entire day.

Mistletoe is this beautiful evergreen tree that has sturdy, lush green leaves and its branches sprout with little waxy, pearl-like white berries.According to history, if two enemies had been fighting, if the two of them met beneath the branches of a mistletoe tree, they had to lay down their arms and not fight for the entire day. And they might even give each other a little hug, too. Now isn't that a sweet story? Well, from that tradition grew the tradition we have today with mistletoe during the Christmas season. You know the scene, it has played out in so many movies. You see either the guy or his girl getting a little snippet of mistletoe and hanging it from the ceiling or a doorway with a red ribbon.

When their true love enters the room, the two sweethearts stand beneath the mistletoe and share a luscious kiss.

Then when their true love enters the room, they'd stand under the mistletoe and lay down their weapons. Wait, what am I talking about? There are no weapons! Let me start my story again!When their true love enters the room, the two sweethearts stand beneath the mistletoe and share a luscious kiss. (I guess that whole enemies hugging thing from the past evolved into today's mistletoe kissing ritual.)I remember one Christmas I had a baseball cap with one of those little whirly-burlies things on top. (You know, like little helicopter blades.) I tied a piece of mistletoe to it and, boy, I was kissing people all day long. I ended up having to soak my lips in some Epsom Salt solution, they were so sore from all that kissing!

Kissing beneath the mistletoe is something you should think about doing this holiday season. Now, I'm pretty positive there're no mistletoe trees growing in your neighborhood. But mistletoe sprigs are sold in flower shops and many supermarkets everywhere this time of year.So get some mistletoe, some red ribbon, tie them to a doorway and then get ready to...Pucker up, sweetie!Love,