RemedySpot.com

Weigh-in - big oops

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think I "forgot" to post my weigh-in last weekend. The 17th was my DD's 21st BD. She doesn't drink ("I'll have a ceremonial sip at my wedding, whenever that will be") so it was not a raucous party. However, I did get exactly twice the cake I needed for the number of people. To be fair, a quarter sheet would have been right at the edge and we might have run out.

Anyway, after freezing half the remainder, DH and I were still working on that cake all week, one piece every night. And it showed up on Saturday - 2.6 lbs of cake. Or whatever. Wow, it's pretty bad when you have a gain the week BEFORE Thanksgiving (smile).

This week, I'm "on vacation" but we are working on the remodel, mainly painting, some sorting. By the end of the week, we need to move some computer desks and the washer and dryer out of the basement before the wide stairway is removed. I'm hoping that painting, especially those 12-foot vaulted ceilings, will provide me some upper body work that will erase some of that gain.

Thanksgiving should be easier. I am going to a coworker's house, and bringing homemade pico de gallo / salsa (0 points!), chips and my Irish soda bread. There will still be a huge spread of food, but I think I'll just relax, have a glass of wine and eat sparingly. It's funny, with all this exertion, sleep seems much more desirable than food.

Eileen in OR

http://www.baxaddition.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/26/2008 6:59:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, ebax@... writes:

Anyway, after freezing half the remainder, DH and I were still working on that cake all week, one piece every night. And it showed up on Saturday - 2.6 lbs of cake. Or whatever. Wow, it's pretty bad when you have a gain the week BEFORE Thanksgiving (smile).

That's a lotta cake, if you froze half and ate the other half all week. WOW! LOL!! Well.

2.6 lbs isn't too horrible, really, I suppose. The addition is looking good. When's the ETA to be complete?

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

In a message dated 11/30/2008 4:07:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ebax@... writes:

Hey, update on the remodel - I lost 2.4 lbs!It was a pretty hard way to lose them, though. This week, I go back to workand hopefully, I can get some progress by just walking more.

Congrats and good luck this week!!

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

> Thanks for asking about it. It does sorta suck all the energy out of

ya.

> Don't want to do this more than once in a lifetime. I'll never be a

house

> flipper, that's for sure.

My brother is still working on his house for over 10 years, and for the

past 4 they own a second home, the house next door to them, that they've

been re-doing. All these years, every time they get a spare dollar and a

spare hour, they're busy working on one of them. One of these decades

they'll be done.

Sue in NJ