RemedySpot.com

's motd Sunday Nov 30, 2008 - Stress relief

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE RELIEVER

Sunday, 30 November 2008

Right now, more than at just anytime in our country's history, Americans are feeling a great deal of stress. And oh, stress comes in many different forms. There's stress about money, about jobs and about relationships. Sometimes there's within the family and there's also emotional stress. These are just a few examples of stress but maybe you have some personal stresses that you could add to the list.

Most often, stress doesn't come from just one source, it arrives in groups. One kind or source of stress often leads to another. And for as many kinds of stress there are, people have different ways of coping with their stress.Some people come home from work and tackle their stress with a double scotch on the rocks while settling in to watch the evening news. Others comes home and head straight for the kitchen, seeking out food to help them cope. And sadly, some people tackle their stress by taking drugs.Last week, I appeared on CNN's Showbiz Tonight with . And boy is she ever breathtaking! She's also pregnant with her first baby. I think she's going to have a girl and her name will be Blythe. Oh, there I go again! LOL.

I was invited on Showbiz Tonight to talk about America's new first family, the Obamas. See, the family's entire exercise schedule was released to the media and CNN asked me what I thought about it.First of all, I was really impressed with the Obama's workout routine. The President-elect, his wife, Michele and even their two daughters are a very physically active family. All of them do cardio activities. Barack and Michele also both hit the gym lifting weights. And the girls are in to gymnastics and soccer at school. wanted to know what I thought about the Obama's routine. Well, I told her that I was really proud of America's future first family. I had never heard of a first family being as active as they are. They are dedicated to making exercise an important part of their lives. I told that the Obamas will end up becoming role-models for all American families.

President-elect Obama has said before that nothing relieves stress for him better than a good workout. Did you know he played a game of basketball on the final night of each of the primary elections to help him cope with the pressure? I think we all have a lot to learn from this very calm and peaceful man.When you get stressed out, sometimes you can lose your temper and end up getting very angry over the tiniest little things. But I've got to tell you, exercise will help you get rid of that dark side of yourself. And even better is that when you're feeling free of stress, you make better and wiser decisions about everything you do.I also told that I would be happy to serve as President-elect Obama's "Ambassador of Health & Fitness." Oh, I would travel the country setting up workout programs for America's families to incorporate into their lifestyles. So we'll see if I get a call after he's inaugurated, Thank you, and CNN for that very nice interview. And you know me, I'll keep on spreading the word until the Fit Kids Bill passes Congress. I want to see all of America's children live longer, healthier and happier lives.Oh, it just hit me...today is the last day of November!Love,