RemedySpot.com

's motd Tues Dec 9, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE HOLIDAY LIST

Tuesday, 09 December 2008

Every year, we all sit down and make a list of the gifts we have to buy for our family and friends. The thought process sort of goes like this:

"Mom gets a new sweater. Let's see, Dad gets a new set of golf balls. Then there's that new tool kit my husband's been wanting and the kids...new video games, of course."After our lists are complete, it's time to go shopping. You can shop on the Internet but your eyes can get really tired surfing through all those websites. Or you could jump in the car and drive to your favorite mall or shopping area if shopping online is not your cup of tea. And whichever shopping route you choose, what do you have in hand before you start? Well, your shopping list, of course!

You take that list from store-to-store shopping for hours trying to find that perfect gift for everyone you love. And once you're done shopping, you take all of the gifts home for the gift wrapping ritual. Oh, all that wrapping paper and bows!And we all know that wrapping gifts isn't necessarily easy. Oh we didn't cut off enough paper for that gift or we cut off too much for this one. And oh, do you have enough scotch tape? Then you have to sit there and make all those bows.

One year, I actually bought a bow-making machine. You thread some ribbon through the machine, cranked this little wheel on the side and in seconds...viola! You had a bow! I went a little crazy making those bows. Sometimes my bow would end up bigger than the gift I was wrapping! LOL.Once you got the gift wrapped, you have to write out the little gift cards for each present. And those gift cards are usually pretty small so you have to write so teeny! Once you get everything all wrapped, under the tree they go ready for the big day, December 25th! Everyone races into the living room and begins ripping open those presents like those little animals in Madagascar! I'm telling you, just writing all this is getting me exhausted!

Now I have to ask you a question. Where is your list? But my question is more like where is your list for getting something special just for yourself this Christmas? Do you ever make that list out? Well, you should. You never know what other people are going to get you but you know better than anyone what you most want or need. And you should make a list of those items. Oh, I'll read you some of the things on my list. A new toothbrush. A bottle of Pretty Feet. (It's this lotion you put on the bottom of your feet that removes all the dead skin and callouses.) I need a small jar of cuticle cream and a little Oil Of Olay...hey, hey, hey! And I'm sure my list may grow a little and if it does, I'll just jump in the car and go shopping to get more presents for me. You know why? Because I deserve those little presents for myself...we all do!So in the midst of making your holiday list for everyone else, don't forget to make out your own list of little presents...just for you!Love,