RemedySpot.com

's motd Thurs 12/18/2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THE OTHER TEMPTATION

Thursday, 18 December 2008

Well, let's go ahead and admit it. You'll be tempted by so much delicious food for the rest of this month. Oh, if you get near those homemade chocolate chip cookies or pecan pie, its often so-o-o hard to say no. (I know!) But there's another temptation you may face. And that is to do unhealthy things to try and lose weight...quickly during this holiday season.

A lady named Elaine E-mailed me and told me that she'd flip-flopped with her weight this entire year. She'd lose five pounds then gain them right back. And here it is right before Christmas and Elaine weighs ten pounds more than she did this same time last year. Elaine E-mailed to tell me that she's now taking over-the-counter diet pills so she can lose ten pounds in time for Christmas. And you know if she's taking diet pills, there's a chance she may lose it. Other people have E-mailed me to tell me that they're eating only 500 calories a day. Or they've told me that they're drinking some "magic" tea made from herbs collected in the Amazon or some other exotic locale. Other people are doing even worse things like throwing up what they eat to try and lose weight. The danger there is that, ultimately, they're starving themselves.

These E-mails all strike a familiar chord with me. That's because I've experienced many of these same eating disorders myself. Yes, this body of mine has lost a lot of weight and in a short amount of time...many times. If you're one of these people looking for a rapid way to lose weight before Christmas, please...get ahold of yourself! And when you do, shake yourself and get all those horrible ways to lose weight fast out of your minds! I don't want you to end this year vomiting or starving yourself so that you can be thinner by January 1st!

I have to tell you, I can always tell when people have eating disorders. You can see it in their eyes and their skin. And their energy levels are usually pretty low, too. Eating disorders also cause you to look tired and weak.

Look, if you've been taking diet pills, toss them into the toilet! If you're eating five hundred calories a day, get your FoodMover booklet out and see how many calories you should really be eating. If you're throwing up, you will ruin your body's insides. And if you're starving you body, I have to tell you that you're also killing it.

If your weight has flip-flopped a lot this year, there isn't anything you can do about it. Well, there is. You have to pick up the pieces, put the puzzle back together and get yourself right back on program.If you start now, you can lose about a pound to a pound-and-half in time for Christmas. And I know that will make you very, very happy. Then you'll feel like such a winner that you'll want to continue to work out and eat healthy on into the new year!So please, watch both of these temptations. And you know...I'll be right here rootin' for you all the way!Love,