RemedySpot.com

's motd Sunday Dec 21, 2008 - Christmas Music

Rate this topic

Guest guest

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

Sunday, 21 December 2008

Everyone at Slimmons knows how much I love music. I listen to music everyday of my life. And oh, I just don't listen to the music. I also read the lyrics of each song as the singer performs it. I even like to listen to a particular song more than once so that I can really appreciate it.

I have a collection of CDs that mean a lot to me. Just the other day, I took out my section of Christmas CDs. It's a pretty extensive collection that includes Christmas songs with a real Dixieland beat. It reminds me so much of New Orleans. Their versions of Christmas classics are so lively and upbeat. I also love Dean , Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney. Many of the popular artists of yesteryear released Christmas music during their careers. I also have Christmas music by ny Mathis, and Nat King Cole. I just love them!So many of the older songs from musical artists of yesterday mean so much to me because my parents were really in to Christmas music. Back then, before the era of CDs, all the music was released on a vinyl disc called an "album." (You kids may not remember those!) We'd spread all the albums out on the dining room table and decide which ones we'd listen to during dinner. When I hear some of those songs today, I think of the grand times I had hearing that beautiful music when I was younger.

I also have a few Christmas CDs by Mannheim Steamroller. I went to one of their concerts one year here in Los Angeles and had the opportunity to meet them backstage. What a special treat!This year, I've received some early musical Christmas presents. And so far my favorite is the new CD by an artist named Enya. (Thank you, Kathy!) I listened to her CD while I was in my kitchen, reading the lyrics as Enya sang those beautiful holiday songs. I really don't know that much about Enya but I do know that I just love her voice. It's so soothing and it sounds like she's singing...just for me.There are lots of other artists who've released Christmas music this year and I believe Santa will bring me a few more before the season ends. (My fingers are crossed!) Do you love Christmas music as much as I do? You know, it's hard to be sad during the holidays with Barbra Streisand singing Jingle Bells for you! Think of me when you put on your Christmas music this year.

And by the way, have you ever exercised to Christmas music? No? Then give it a try! I'll be teaching class to Christmas tunes this Tuesday evening at Slimmons. Oh, how I wish you could be there!Love,