RemedySpot.com

Re: End Of Month (Jan)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Jase! Long time no see! Glad you're still among the living!

I have/had a host of stomach troubles and guess what? When you eat healthy you lose a lot of that along with the weight! Once, I got so frustrated with my stomach, I ate nothing but cereal and chicken noodle soup for 3 weeks. Completely stopped all symptoms, and I lost 17 pounds, but who can live on chicken noodle soup?? So I went back to solid food and sure enough every time I overindulged or ate anything too rich, here would come the pain. Just try to watch the fat and the tomato sauce based foods and it'll diminish.

Oh and one more thing, GO KASEY KAHNE #5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*~*~*~*

"This is no longer about what I HOPE to accomplish. This is about what I MEAN to accomplish." - Sapphyre

*~*~*~*

"If I look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may get discouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do to succeed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfect as I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre

From: Jase4567 <Jase4567@...>100-plus Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 7:01 AMSubject: End Of Month (Jan)

I weigh in tomorrow. Started the month at 271. YUGH highest ever. What is wrong with me? I know I am not the normal. You know when it hits me. When I go into a dressing room and see myself in a full length mirror. Anywho... I have not been able to go to the gym regularly do to snow and ice. Welcome to New England. BUT I can say I did drive the other day. For me very unusual. Mild winter so far. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK...

I passed a kidney stone in Jan. What an ordeal that was. BUT I also finally figured out I have major acid reflux, indigestion, or heartburn. I know people call it different things. The rounds of it last usually 4 to 5 days. Has happened 2 times this year and 3 times the end of the year last. So I went to the store for something. HUBBY picked Zantac 150. We were on the road when we bought it *MAINE*. It did help. BUT this am woke up with it. I know I have to lose weight for this to get better. So smaller meals are a must. AND then to learn what to eat that will calm the belly.

My goal for FEB is to get into the 250's. I not going to put low or high in there but 250's is a start. So tomorrow I will know how much my goal will be after I weigh in.

Another goal is to help my 12 year old with making better choices. She is stepping into puberty and I can see the signs of it not turning out well with her weight.

toodles for now gals.

NH

Hugs - good luck for Feb

I know one thing I have noticed cleaning out the crap from my diet is I do not have heartburn as often (of course, I am in the process of eliminating coffee too for that same reason)

End Of Month (Jan)

I weigh in tomorrow. Started the month at 271. YUGH highest ever. What is wrong with me? I know I am not the normal. You know when it hits me. When I go into a dressing room and see myself in a full length mirror. Anywho... I have not been able to go to the gym regularly do to snow and ice. Welcome to New England. BUT I can say I did drive the other day. For me very unusual. Mild winter so far. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK...

I passed a kidney stone in Jan. What an ordeal that was. BUT I also finally figured out I have major acid reflux, indigestion, or heartburn. I know people call it different things. The rounds of it last usually 4 to 5 days. Has happened 2 times this year and 3 times the end of the year last. So I went to the store for something. HUBBY picked Zantac 150. We were on the road when we bought it *MAINE*. It did help. BUT this am woke up with it. I know I have to lose weight for this to get better. So smaller meals are a must. AND then to learn what to eat that will calm the belly.

My goal for FEB is to get into the 250's. I not going to put low or high in there but 250's is a start. So tomorrow I will know how much my goal will be after I weigh in.

Another goal is to help my 12 year old with making better choices. She is stepping into puberty and I can see the signs of it not turning out well with her weight.

toodles for now gals.

NH

How are you doing it? IT SUCKS this upset feeling for 8 days. The coffee I am stuggling with. I use it to keep me regular. What meds do you use to help?

End Of Month (Jan)

toodles for now gals.

NH

Kahn MMM maybe. Tony boy... Daytona will have a lot of new drivers, car paint jobs, and hopefully exciting racing.

With me I dont even over indulge and I get it. ODD... I do have it done to it seems like I eat something even if just a little and bam. Example last sunday the 22nd. I had a cup of fried rice hubby ate. Well man I am paying 8 days later. I think it was because it was a few days old and rice got stronger with all the flavors he uses. The zantac doesnt seem to be worker so any advice please share.

End Of Month (Jan)

toodles for now gals.

NH

Meds to help with going off coffee? Probably just ibuprofen or excedrin when needed

..... for keeping regular, I don't have problems there but maybe coffee every=0ther=day helps with that too, that's what I am pretty much down to now vs 2 cups a day

End Of Month (Jan)

toodles for now gals.

NH

I'd just treat it as an allergy: don't eat it

I haven't had bread or rice since around the first of the month. Sure, I miss it, but I don't miss how it treated me: bloated, etc

.... if Zantac doesn't work (especially for 8 days) may definitely be time to look for something different. I can't remember all of the names of the commercials I have seen, but have you tried things like prilosec, etc or asking your doctor?

End Of Month (Jan)

toodles for now gals.

NH

wrote: I haven't had bread or rice since around the first of the month. Sure, I miss it, but I don't miss how it treated me: bloated, etcMy response: I haven't had any bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, fruit and sugar since the middle of September. Yes, there are things that I miss. But I enjoy having the lower, more manageable blood sugars! That is the decision that I

have made. I can give up those foods if it means I can be healthier longer. Dacia<>< ". . . some people brought a deaf man to Jesus." Mark 7:32Lutheran Deaf Mission Societywww.LDMSPah.typepad.comSee Jesus

.. . . Serve Jesus

I have only had the zantac since sunday. BREAD mmmm. I always thought bread absorbed the acid in stomach... Rice I have no issue going without. Have to look at the bread.

End Of Month (Jan)

toodles for now gals.

NH

meds for acid issue. which you answered. i only ever had a big cup of coffee in the am. probably 13-16 oz including milk in the coffee. I have been trying to do just 8 oz a day.

End Of Month (Jan)

toodles for now gals.

NH

Hello everyone I am new to the group. My name is and I am single and 58 from Ohio. I have two daughters and two grandkids. I have done Weight Watchers and Craig twice. They both worked really well but when I stopped I gained the weight back. I started them at 254 pounds and was down to 185 and got back up to 262 and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. I lost my job 3 years ago working for General Motors when they closed our plant. I became depressed and sat around getting my unemployment and eating. I was able to retire the first of last year so I am still not very active. I am going to try to get a part time job in the near future. I just started trying to lose some of my weight by just eating less and more healthy foods. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of June for vacation. I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and started taking the generic for Prilosec which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since. I take Benefiber to help me go to the bathroom and if that doesn't work I sometimes take Durolax which helps make it easier to go. If I remember to take the Benefiber it usually does the job. It comes in powder form and you can add it to drink or food and is tasteless. Hope that helps. Hope to get to know you all.

Eversole

sunfirelje@...

Hi -

Welcome to the group: I am , 44 single mom of 3 boys (15, 17 and 19) from WA.

Look forward to getting to know you and follow your journey.

Hello everyone I am new to the group. My name is and I am single and 58 from Ohio. I have two daughters and two grandkids. I have done Weight Watchers and Craig twice. They both worked really well but when I stopped I gained the weight back. I started them at 254 pounds and was down to 185 and got back up to 262 and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. I lost my job 3 years ago working for General Motors when they closed our plant. I became depressed and sat around getting my unemployment and eating. I was able to retire the first of last year so I am still not very active. I am going to try to get a part time job in the near future. I just started trying to lose some of my weight by just eating less and more healthy foods. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of June for vacation. I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and started taking the generic fo

r Prilosec which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since. I take Benefiber to help me go to the bathroom and if that doesn't work I sometimes take Durolax which helps make it easier to go. If I remember to take the Benefiber it usually does the job. It comes in powder form and you can add it to drink or food and is tasteless. Hope that helps. Hope to get to know you all.

Eversole

sunfirelje@...

Okay Jan 1st I weighed in at 302 pounds *sob*, I ended the month at 296.8 pounds not a huge loss but an average of a pound a week!The Dragon http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/--- On

Tue, 31/1/12, Sapphyre <sapphyreonalosingstreak@...> wrote:From: Sapphyre <sapphyreonalosingstreak@...>Subject: Re: /Re: End Of Month (Jan)"100-plus " <100-plus >Date: Tuesday, 31 January, 2012, 20:39

Hey !

Welcome! I'm Sapphyre, I'm 51 and my top weight was 265.8, I'm down to 252.2 since I restarted my efforts in December. I've been trying to lose since 2004 I'm hoping I'm finally clicked in to it and will go all the way now. I hope to be at 194 by December 31st. No one can do it but me, so here I go again! We can do this!

*~*~*~*

"This is no longer about what I HOPE to accomplish. This is about what I MEAN to accomplish." - Sapphyre

*~*~*~*

"If I look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may get discouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do to succeed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfect as I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre

From: "sunfirelje@..." <sunfirelje@...>100-plus Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:42 AMSubject: Re: End Of Month (Jan)

Hello everyone I am new to the group. My name is and I am single and 58 from Ohio. I have two daughters and two grandkids. I have done Weight Watchers and Craig twice. They both worked really well but when I stopped I gained the weight back. I started them at 254 pounds and was down to 185 and got back up to 262 and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. I lost my job 3 years ago working for General Motors when they closed our plant. I became depressed and sat around getting my unemployment and eating. I was able to retire the first of last year so I am still not very active. I am going to try to get a part time job in the near future. I just started trying to lose some of my weight by just eating less and more healthy foods. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of June for vacation. I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and started

taking

the generic for Prilosec which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since. I take Benefiber to help me go to the bathroom and if that doesn't work I sometimes take Durolax which helps make it easier to go. If I remember to take the Benefiber it usually does the job. It comes in powder form and you can add it to drink or food and is tasteless. Hope that helps. Hope to get to know you all.

Eversole sunfirelje@...

dragon your in the 200's. high five.

Hello everyone I am new to the group. My name is and I am single and 58 from Ohio. I have two daughters and two grandkids. I have done Weight Watchers and Craig twice. They both worked really well but when I stopped I gained the weight back. I started them at 254 pounds and was down to 185 and got back up to 262 and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. I lost my job 3 years ago working for General Motors when they closed our plant. I became depressed and sat around getting my unemployment and eating. I was able to retire the first of last year so I am still not very active. I am going to try to get a part time job in the near future. I just started trying to lose some of my weight by just eating less and more healthy foods. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of June for vacation. I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and started taking the generic for Prilosec which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since. I take Benefiber to help me go to the bathroom and if that doesn't work I sometimes take Durolax which helps make it easier to go. If I remember to take the Benefiber it usually does the job. It comes in powder form and you can add it to drink or food and is tasteless. Hope that helps. Hope to get to know you all.

Eversole sunfirelje@...

I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and started taking the generic for Prilose c which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since

I just started with this issue. Never had it when I was 250 and below. BUT since last April my weight went up and bam. I will have to get me some of that omeprezole. Welcome. Dont forget water, portions, and movement is key to any program.

NH

Hello everyone I am new to the group. My name is and I am single and 58 from Ohio. I have two daughters and two grandkids. I have done Weight Watchers and Craig twice. They both worked really well but when I stopped I gained the weight back. I started them at 254 pounds and was down to 185 and got back up to 262 and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. I lost my job 3 years ago working for General Motors when they closed our plant. I became depressed and sat around getting my unemployment and eating. I was able to retire the first of last year so I am still not very active. I am going to try to get a part time job in the near future. I just started trying to lose some of my weight by just eating less and more healthy foods. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of June for vacation. I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and started taking the generic for Prilose c which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since. I take Benefiber to help me go to the bathroom and if that doesn't work I sometimes take Durolax which helps make it easier to go. If I remember to take the Benefiber it usually does the job. It comes in powder form and you can add it to drink or food and is tasteless. Hope that helps. Hope to get to know you all.

Eversole sunfirelje@...

Thank you!The Dragon http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/--- On Wed, 1/2/12, Jase4567 <Jase4567@...> wrote:From: Jase4567 <Jase4567@...>Subject: Re: End Of Month (Jan)100-plus Date: Wednesday, 1 February, 2012, 11:47

dragon your in the 200's. high five.

Okay Jan 1st I weighed in at 302 pounds *sob*, I ended the month at 296.8 pounds not a huge loss but an average of a pound a week!

The Dragon http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/

That's great! I started at 310, so I understand where you're coming from.

Onward and downward,

Hello everyone I am new to the group. My name is and I am single and 58 from Ohio. I have two daughters and two grandkids. I have done Weight Watchers and Craig twice. They both worked really well but when I stopped I gained the weight back. I started them at 254 pounds and was down to 185 and got back up to 262 and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. I lost my job 3 years ago working for General Motors when they closed our plant. I became depressed and sat around getting my unemployment and eating. I was able to retire the first of last year so I am still not very active. I am going to try to get a part time job in the near future. I just started trying to lose some of my weight by just eating less and more healthy foods. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of June for vacation. I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and started

taking

the generic for Prilosec which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since. I take Benefiber to help me go to the bathroom and if that doesn't work I sometimes take Durolax which helps make it easier to go. If I remember to take the Benefiber it usually does the job. It comes in powder form and you can add it to drink or food and is tasteless. Hope that helps. Hope to get to know you all.

Eversole sunfirelje@...

Any loss is great! It isn't about the little steps (although we have to take them to get to the end) but the journey and continuing on towards your goal. Well done!xx From: The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@...> 100-plus Sent: Wednesday, 1 February 2012, 10:54 Subject: Re: End Of Month (Jan)

Okay Jan 1st I weighed in at 302 pounds *sob*, I ended the month at 296.8 pounds not a huge loss but an average of a pound a week!The Dragon http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/--- On

Tue, 31/1/12, Sapphyre <sapphyreonalosingstreak@...> wrote:From: Sapphyre <sapphyreonalosingstreak@...>Subject: Re: /Re: End Of Month (Jan)"100-plus " <100-plus >Date: Tuesday, 31 January, 2012, 20:39

Hey !

Welcome! I'm Sapphyre, I'm 51 and my top weight was 265.8, I'm down to 252.2 since I restarted my efforts in December. I've been trying to lose since 2004 I'm hoping I'm finally clicked in to it and will go all the way now. I hope to be at 194 by December 31st. No one can do it but me, so here I go again! We can do this!

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

From: "sunfirelje@..." <sunfirelje@...>100-plus Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:42 AMSubject: Re: End Of Month (Jan)

taking

Eversole sunfirelje@...

Hi ,Cathing up over the week. I, too, am a newbie to the group. It must be hard to not working or having something to do outside the house (volunteer?) - I know when I am at work I find it easier. However that gives you time to get outside and take gentle walks. Building up a little each week, going a little farther, seeing the sights will all benefit your weight loss. xx From: "sunfirelje@..." <sunfirelje@...> 100-plus Sent: Tuesday, 31 January 2012, 15:42 Subject: Re: End Of Month (Jan)

Hello everyone I am new to the group. My name is and I am single and 58 from Ohio. I have two daughters and two grandkids. I have done Weight Watchers and Craig twice. They both worked really well but when I stopped I gained the weight back. I started them at 254 pounds and was down to 185 and got back up to 262 and have lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. I lost my job 3 years ago working for General Motors when they closed our plant. I became depressed and sat around getting my unemployment and eating. I was able to retire the first of last year so I am still not very active. I am going to try to get a part time job in the near future. I just started trying to lose some of my weight by just eating less and more healthy foods. I want to lose at least 30 pounds by the end of June for vacation. I was having problems about a year ago with reflux and heartburn and

started taking the generic for Prilosec which is omeprezole and haven't had a problem since. I take Benefiber to help me go to the bathroom and if that doesn't work I sometimes take Durolax which helps make it easier to go. If I remember to take the Benefiber it usually does the job. It comes in powder form and you can add it to drink or food and is tasteless. Hope that helps. Hope to get to know you all.

Eversole

sunfirelje@...

Had a stomach virus the last few days so didn't eat much or do much of anything. I lost 3 pounds in one day from vomiting and diarrea not fun. Not the way I want to lose the weight. I lost 10 pounds for the month. I am still weak from it but at least I feel better. I just hope I can do as well this month only without being sick.

(( HUGS )) and I hope you feel better soon!

Had a stomach virus the last few days so didn't eat much or do much of anything. I lost 3 pounds in one day from vomiting and diarrea not fun. Not the way I want to lose the weight. I lost 10 pounds for the month. I am still weak from it but at least I feel better. I just hope I can do as well this month only without being sick.

On 2/5/2012 11:05 AM, sunfirelje@... wrote:

Had a stomach virus the last few days so didn't eat

much or do much of anything. I lost 3 pounds in one day from

vomiting and diarrea not fun.

I hope all is well now. Those stomach viruses are the most horrid

thing to get.

I just hope I can do as well this month only without

being sick.

Between all the comfort food when the three of us were sick and new

batteries in the scale, I ended last month with a 5 pound gain, but

at least I lost a few of them over the weekend. I was able to get a

full half hour workout in this morning before my coughing fit so