RemedySpot.com

1/29/12: Sunday Weigh-In

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I belong to "several" weight loss support groups here online and one of them is doing a January-May "challenge" I guess you could call it because they want to be swimsuit ready for summer.

I'm going on a cruise with my hunny at the beginning of May, so it was seemingly fitting to join, even though they're aiming for Memorial Day weekend, you know....?

Anyway, since Jan 1st was a Sunday, we have Sunday weigh-ins for this group...

-2.6 lbs this week

-15.4 since I started Medifast on the 4th

-16.8 since Jan 1st

-41.2 overall - WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

I have taken 6.1 points off my BMI from the heaviest!!

I don't want to be skinny. I'm not in this for the new clothing, even though my hunny says he'll buy me an entire wardrobe when I get to whatever my doctor and I call goal weight. Right now, for grins, I am calling that 155 lbs, which is half of what I started at. We'll probably call goal somewhere in the 170-190 range though, so I will change my ticker when we get there.

I have bought a couple of items for along the way to fit into (at like clearance prices) because it is important to look and feel good (and pretty) along the way and then will donate them out to Our Sister's Closet when I shrink out of them. That is a "charity" for ladies that are getting ready to transition from unemployment to the work world: for

interviews, etc and to look nice on the job.

I am in this for the health. I need to look at my mother sitting in that hospital bed having had her 2nd hip replacement surgery (both done now) in 3 ish years and she's either got borderline Type 2 Diabetes or she's in denial at actually having it, she has COPD and she's got a family history of heart issues and something "wacky" with her pre-op EKG

that almost caused the surgeon to cancel 10 minutes before surgery.

I don't want that to be me. I don't want to say breast cancer is "easy"

because I know that's no fun at all and you can die from that too, but I want breast cancer to be the only worry in my future. Not high blood pressure, diabetes, COPD, high cholesterol, heart issues, etc etc etc.

THIS is what drives me to stay OP each day.

YES, I know "they" (WW, etc) say 1-2 lbs per week weight loss is healthy, but the plan I am on, "they" say if you follow the plan, you can lose 2-5 lbs per week safely and they have a great transition and maintenance plan that I intend to get to and follow to stay at goal weight forever when I get there.

I hope you are all having a great weekend and making plans for a 100% OP new week!! Onward and downward!!

in WA

310 / 268.8 / 155?