RemedySpot.com

this week's update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good morning everyone!I have been on a whirlwind the past couple of weeks. Had a week of travel, during which time I started with a cold. Spent last week being sick. Then this past weekend my oldest son, a grad student at a seminary in St. Louis, passed out, smacked his head when he fell and ended up in the hospital ER to get stitches for the gash in his head. Ended up spending the night so they could determine why he passed out -- with no answers yet. Fortunately, he is on semester break and once he was discharged we were able

to get him and bring him home for two weeks. Thinking maybe it was a combination of everything -- finals, not eating right and just plain exhaustion. We are also grateful that he woke up on his own. The dorm was empty due to semester break and he could have been laying there for a long time before anyone found him.During all of this time I did not gain any weight. Did not lose any either, but I am okay with that. Didn't do any stress eating. Yesterday was the first and ONLY time that I have eaten off program since beginning this journey. We had to make a trip to Milwaukee and were gone all day. I was just too tired to care, didn't have any control over where we picked to eat. Brunch at Panera Bread Co. didn't offer too many choices for me. But, I found that I did not go that far off program -- had a few extra carbs -- and, oh, the little bit of bread tasted really good! I ate smaller portions than I would have done in the past. I was also

pleased that the extra carbs did not have any ill effects on my blood sugars when I tested.Now, today is going to be a day of rest -- and getting back into my eating routine. Will start exercising again tomorrow. Dacia<><

On 2/21/2012 8:26 AM, Dacia wrote:

>

during which time I started with a cold. Spent last week

being sick.

Looks like this lousy bug has spread across the whole country! We're

*still* passing it back and forth in this house. I was finally

allowed to visit the aunt in the nursing home yesterday but was

given strict orders not to have any physical contact, just stand

near the door and talk to her. Not an easy thing to do when the poor

woman is nearly deaf! At least I was able to bring her some badly

needed supplies, like more ginger ale. It's one of the few things

they can get her to drink so they bribe her - if she eats half her

meat and all her veggies she can have a bottle. That plus the

appetite stimulants they're giving her and she's finally out of the

80's and into the 90's again, but still far below the 110 she

*should* be.

>Then this past weekend my oldest son, a grad student

at a seminary in St. Louis, passed out, smacked his head

when he fell and ended up in the hospital ER to get

stitches

I hope he's doing okay now and you son find out what caused. Maybe

it was just as you said - over-work and under-eating. Maybe the flu

bug hit him, too, but in a different way. Had he ever passed out

before, even as a kid?

>During all of this time I did not gain any weight.

Congrats!

>and, oh, the little bit of bread tasted really good!

There's nothing like a good loaf of bread. Even without butter on

it, good bread tastes great. That's why I *stopped* making it - we

would polish off a whole 1-pound loaf in one meal.

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

not sure how I missed this email in my inbox from last week, but WOW, sorry to hear all of this Dacia!! Hope everything is ok now with your son!!

this week's update

Good morning everyone!

I have been on a whirlwind the past couple of weeks. Had a week of travel, during which time I started with a cold. Spent last week being sick. Then this past weekend my oldest son, a grad student at a seminary in St. Louis, passed out, smacked his head when he fell and ended up in the hospital ER to get stitches for the gash in his head. Ended up spending the night so they could determine why he passed out -- with no answers yet. Fortunately, he is on semester break and once he was discharged we were able

to get him and bring him home for two weeks. Thinking maybe it was a combination of everything -- finals, not eating right and just plain exhaustion. We are also grateful that he woke up on his own. The dorm was empty due to semester break and he could have been laying there for a long time before anyone found him.

During all of this time I did not gain any weight. Did not lose any either, but I am okay with that. Didn't do any stress eating. Yesterday was the first and ONLY time that I have eaten off program since beginning this journey. We had to make a trip to Milwaukee and were gone all day. I was just too tired to care, didn't have any control over where we picked to eat. Brunch at Panera Bread Co. didn't offer too many choices for me. But, I found that I did not go that far off program -- had a few extra carbs -- and, oh, the little bit of bread tasted really good! I ate smaller portions than I would have done in the past. I was also

pleased that the extra carbs did not have any ill effects on my blood sugars when I tested.

Now, today is going to be a day of rest -- and getting back into my eating routine. Will start exercising again tomorrow.

Dacia

<><

Guest guest

Dacia<><"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 From: "ABrite@..." <ABrite@...> 100-plus Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 6:27 PM Subject: Re: this week's update

not sure how I missed this email in my inbox from last week, but WOW, sorry to hear all of this Dacia!! Hope everything is ok now with your son!!

this week's update

Good morning everyone!

I have been on a whirlwind the past couple of weeks. Had a week of travel, during which time I started with a cold. Spent last week being sick. Then this past weekend my oldest son, a grad student at a seminary in St. Louis, passed out, smacked his head when he fell and ended up in the hospital ER to get stitches for the gash in his head. Ended up spending the night so they could determine why he passed out -- with no answers yet. Fortunately, he is on semester break and once he was discharged we were able

to get him and bring him home for two weeks. Thinking maybe it was a combination of everything -- finals, not eating right and just plain exhaustion. We are also grateful that he woke up on his own. The dorm was empty due to semester break and he could have been laying there for a long time before anyone found him.

During all of this time I did not gain any weight. Did not lose any either, but I am okay with that. Didn't do any stress eating. Yesterday was the first and ONLY time that I have eaten off program since beginning this journey. We had to make a trip to Milwaukee and were gone all day. I was just too tired to care, didn't have any control over where we picked to eat. Brunch at Panera Bread Co. didn't offer too many choices for me. But, I found that I did not go that far off program -- had a few extra carbs -- and, oh, the little bit of bread tasted really good! I ate smaller portions than I would have done in the past. I was also

pleased that the extra carbs did not have any ill effects on my blood sugars when I tested.

Now, today is going to be a day of rest -- and getting back into my eating routine. Will start exercising again tomorrow.

Dacia

<><

Guest guest

Sorry about that last email. Hit the right button at the wrong time. Just wanted to let everyone know that our son, , is doing fine. He just got back from spending a few days with his fiancee at college. They enjoyed having the extra time together. Josh's got the staples removed from the gash in his head last Friday when he saw our primary care doc. Decided that the reason he passed out was due to exhaustion -- and probably lack of eating right and getting dehydrated during finals week. We will take him back to St. Louis on Sunday so that he can start classes again on Monday.Dacia<><"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Guest guest

W-O-W! Glad he's doing much better!!

Re: this week's update

Sorry about that last email. Hit the right button at the wrong time.

Just wanted to let everyone know that our son, , is doing fine. He just got back from spending a few days with his fiancee at college. They enjoyed having the extra time together.

Josh's got the staples removed from the gash in his head last Friday when he saw our primary care doc. Decided that the reason he passed out was due to exhaustion -- and probably lack of eating right and getting dehydrated during finals week. We will take him back to St. Louis on Sunday so that he can start classes again on Monday.

Dacia

<><

"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24