Guest guest

Guest guest

This morning I woke up and had a cup of green powder (spirulina etc) with juice

instead of coffee with sugar. Now I'm drinking water. Trying something

different. Now to get moving! I currently weigh 315 lbs. and wear a size 28

pants.

I guess I get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I want to lose. Question,

should I have a number goal or a health goal? I'd like to wear a size 20. I'd

like to stop having to use my CPAP machine. Two reasonable goals I think!

--Freda in VA

Guest guest

I hope they're reasonable goals. I would love to not have to use my CPAP/concentrator (and this after only 3 nights *sigh*) but the tech said that while the concentrator could be temporary, the CPAP was forever.... :( (hoping and praying he's wrong!!!) I love your goals though and think I will borrow them.

Might be easier to have a health goal than a number goal. Depending on how healthy you are, you may be able to get away with a higher number and look better at it than you might if you just went for a low number and focused only on that... Non-Scale-Victories are a good thing. My take only, of course. Someone who has actually accomplished something probably would have a better idea.

Good luck with the water and green powder and moving!Taryn in WYOn Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Coffee Goddess <anlashokna@...> wrote:

This morning I woke up and had a cup of green powder (spirulina etc) with juice instead of coffee with sugar. Now I'm drinking water. Trying something different. Now to get moving! I currently weigh 315 lbs. and wear a size 28 pants.

I guess I get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I want to lose. Question, should I have a number goal or a health goal? I'd like to wear a size 20. I'd like to stop having to use my CPAP machine. Two reasonable goals I think!

--Freda in VA

Guest guest

They sound like good goals to me! I think you can start looking at numbers later, first off get your health sortedThe Dragon http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/--- On Thu, 29/3/12,

Coffee Goddess <anlashokna@...> wrote:From: Coffee Goddess <anlashokna@...>Subject: Trying something different100-plus Date: Thursday, 29 March, 2012, 16:24This morning I woke up and had a cup of green powder (spirulina etc) with juice instead of coffee with sugar. Now I'm drinking water. Trying something different. Now to get moving! I currently weigh 315 lbs. and wear a size 28 pants. I guess I get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I want to lose. Question, should I have a number goal or a health goal? I'd like to wear a size 20. I'd like to stop having to use my CPAP machine. Two reasonable goals I think!--Freda in VA------------------------------------

Guest guest

Good for you, Freda!

I get overwhelmed by the amount I have to lose, too. My goals are more

health-oriented: getting back to 4.0-4.5mph on the treadmill (just shy of

jogging for me), getting back on the bike, being able to hike with my boys

without feeling like I'm going to pass out (to name a few).

I have a looooong way to go, so I completely understand where you're coming

from. At this point, concentrating on a " magic number " isn't helpful for me at

all--I am tall-ish, have a large frame, and am muscular. I've always weighed

more than I " should " . I remember stepping on the scale my senior year of high

school and the nurse thought the scale was broken--I couldn't *possibly* weigh

195lbs and wear a size 8, right?!

I like to keep the big goal in mind, but concentrate on the daily journey. One

thing that has helped me immensely this time around is keeping a weight loss

graph. I've been weighing in weekly and even though some weeks it's not

fantastic news, just seeing the downward trend is helping me a lot.

Have a great day, Freda :)

Cheers,

Bonnie

>

> This morning I woke up and had a cup of green powder (spirulina etc) with

juice instead of coffee with sugar. Now I'm drinking water. Trying something

different. Now to get moving! I currently weigh 315 lbs. and wear a size 28

pants.

> I guess I get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I want to lose. Question,

should I have a number goal or a health goal? I'd like to wear a size 20. I'd

like to stop having to use my CPAP machine. Two reasonable goals I think!

>

> --Freda in VA

>

Guest guest

I agree with Bonnie and Sapphy, the big picture scares the ba'jeebies out of me. If I looked at the big picture 8 years ago, 155 lbs to lose would have stopped me in my tracks. I have mini goals 10% at a time and I think that is why I have been "struggling" so much this past month or so is because I am eeking up on my 2nd 10% loss milestone.

So for today, even though I gave myself an April goal of staying 100% OP for 5 weeks, I have to just get through today. One meal at a time.