RemedySpot.com

Re: Theresa/ I'm new to the group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Theresa!Welcome!I once lost 85 pounds, but gained it back because the sudden attention I got scared/angered me. This time I know what to expect and can handle it better. Just keep thinking positive and remember, this is something you are doing for you! *~*~*~*"This is no longer about what I HOPE to accomplish. This is about what I MEAN to

accomplish." - Sapphyre*~*~*~*"If I look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may get discouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do to succeed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfect as I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre From: Theresa Borawski <theresaborawski@...> "100-plus " <100-plus > Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:37 PM Subject: I'm new to the group

Hi all: I'm new to the group and am not really sure how all this works, but I'm going to do my best. My name is Theresa. I started my journey to better health on March 1st of 2011. I weighed in at 428 pounds. In the past 11 months, I have lost 173 pounds, but still have a long way to go. A year ago, I was pretty much confined to an electric wheelchair at work or a wheeled walker when out and about, both due to the excess weight and also do to Rheumetoid arthritis. I am thrilled that I am now able to walk short distances and am working really hard to get my life back, so to

speak. I am 48 years old and working full time as an advisor/counselor at a community college. 11 months ago, when the doctor told me that there was nothing he else he could do to help with the RA, I made a decision that I needed to do something for myself. I started by eliminating the soda and worked from there. I have not joined any type of diet group or taken any diet pills or anything like that this time around, but have tried all of those things at different times in my life. This time, it was just like something clicked in my mind. I am so grateful that I have come so

far in less than a year, but like I said before, I still have about 100

more pounds to go. My greatest fear is reaching my goal and losing my motivation and gaining it back. I've enjoyed the posts I've read so far (only a member a few days) and look forward to getting to know others who are fighting the same battle.