RemedySpot.com

Re: Helllloooooo? :)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie,

I want to say I am following low-carb, the Medifast program is low carb, low calorie program. I hear you on being rough times lately and needing support. I'm doing ok, not really flinging myself off the wagon, but I'm at a mental struggle stage (probably because I am getting close to 20% weight loss. I started at 310 and am eeking up on getting out of the 250s (I think 251 is 20% LOL)

Good for you taking measurements. You'll be glad you did during the slow times on the scale and it is fun to fit into small clothes again. I bought this blouse the other day because I loved the color (XL size 16-18 or is it 18-20) and the pants I had actually bought a few years ago on clearance size 18 to shrink into and I finally fit into them:

I took measurements last night for this month and am down another 3 inches, so I think that's in the 70 inch loss range.

Onward and downward!

Helllloooooo? :)

Happy Saturday, everyone! :)

Is anyone else here following a low glycemic index way of eating? Or low-carb? The last few days have been rough over here and I sure could use some support.

I literally dreamed of a junk food buffet last night. Seriously.

Overall, I'm feeling a hundred times better...so why am I craving junk?! (And I do mean junk--I wanted donuts or french fries all day yesterday. Gah!)

--I took your advice and wrote down my measurements; it'll be 2.5 or 3 weeks before I check again, but I know I've lost some because the pants that were 3-4 inches from even *thinking* of closing now fit perfectly! Yay! (Again, why do I crave the junk when I have joy in these things??)

A few things I want to write down for the heck of it--

One of my current goals has been to walk more. So I park waaaaaaay out at the edge of parking lots now (unless it's raining), and when I take the kids to 'park days' (big ol' recess time for home-schoolers ;) ), the boys are now old enough to play without me right there (especially when there are 10-15 other adults I trust to keep an eye), so I've been walking the paths that circle the play areas. The other day I pushed myself and did 3 miles while at the park--YAY! :)

I've been working to be mindful in every moment. It's quite hard sometimes, but the more I practice mindfulness, the easier it becomes. Also working to find joy in all the little things. I find I have a much happier disposition when I do that. As a natural-born pessimist, it's been challenging. *lol* Again, I'm so much happier and more relaxed with the new attitude, though. One of the big things for me is baking/cooking for the rest of the family. Especially the kids. I make a healthy-ish banana bread that is heavenly and it's torture to smell it and not be able to eat it. But if I take a step back and remind myself that I feel better without it and that the kids enjoy it a *lot* as a special treat, and take my happiness from that...well, it becomes easier.

But the past few days have still been hard. (And here's where someone says, "Challenge is good because it helps you to grow...be thankful for the challenge!" and I nod and think about it and know that's true, but that junk food buffet in my dream sure looked yummy! *lol*)

Cheers,

Bonnie

Guest guest

Thanks for writing, :)

Yeah, I'm having a mental struggle lately, too. I'm having a hard time wrapping

my head around this being a permanent change. *sigh* It's easy to say, " Oh

yeah, this is the way it is now " --it's another thing altogether to live it.

I am so happy for you that you're close to 20%! Break through and don't look

back, lady :D And 70 inches?! That's amazing!

So...I adore this group, but I am looking for a little more interaction. Do you

have any other groups you enjoy?

I found a couple low carb ones earlier today and joined them, but I haven't had

time to really get a feel for them yet. I adore the support in here, but it

seems like there's only a half dozen or so of us that are on here regularly.

Cheers,

Bonnie

>

>

> Hi Bonnie,

>

> I want to say I am following low-carb, the Medifast program is low carb, low

calorie program. I hear you on being rough times lately and needing support.

I'm doing ok, not really flinging myself off the wagon, but I'm at a mental

struggle stage (probably because I am getting close to 20% weight loss. I

started at 310 and am eeking up on getting out of the 250s (I think 251 is 20%

LOL)

>

> Good for you taking measurements. You'll be glad you did during the slow

times on the scale and it is fun to fit into small clothes again. I bought this

blouse the other day because I loved the color (XL size 16-18 or is it 18-20)

and the pants I had actually bought a few years ago on clearance size 18 to

shrink into and I finally fit into them:

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I took measurements last night for this month and am down another 3 inches, so

I think that's in the 70 inch loss range.

>

> Onward and downward!

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hmm I actually do the opposite of low-carb! If I go low-carb my pain increases, I get dizzy and faint - so need to keep those carbs up *grin*The Dragon http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/--- On Sat, 21/4/12, Bonnie <brgk44@...> wrote:From: Bonnie <brgk44@...>Subject: Helllloooooo? :)100-plus Date: Saturday, 21 April, 2012, 14:02Happy Saturday, everyone! :)Is anyone else here following a low glycemic index way of eating? Or low-carb? The last few days have been rough over here and I sure could use some support.I literally dreamed of a junk food buffet last night. Seriously.Overall, I'm feeling a hundred times better...so why am I craving junk?! (And I do mean junk--I wanted donuts or french fries all day yesterday. Gah!)--I took

your advice and wrote down my measurements; it'll be 2.5 or 3 weeks before I check again, but I know I've lost some because the pants that were 3-4 inches from even *thinking* of closing now fit perfectly! Yay! (Again, why do I crave the junk when I have joy in these things??)A few things I want to write down for the heck of it-- One of my current goals has been to walk more. So I park waaaaaaay out at the edge of parking lots now (unless it's raining), and when I take the kids to 'park days' (big ol' recess time for home-schoolers ;) ), the boys are now old enough to play without me right there (especially when there are 10-15 other adults I trust to keep an eye), so I've been walking the paths that circle the play areas. The other day I pushed myself and did 3 miles while at the park--YAY! :)I've been working to be mindful in every moment. It's quite hard sometimes, but the more I practice

mindfulness, the easier it becomes. Also working to find joy in all the little things. I find I have a much happier disposition when I do that. As a natural-born pessimist, it's been challenging. *lol* Again, I'm so much happier and more relaxed with the new attitude, though. One of the big things for me is baking/cooking for the rest of the family. Especially the kids. I make a healthy-ish banana bread that is heavenly and it's torture to smell it and not be able to eat it. But if I take a step back and remind myself that I feel better without it and that the kids enjoy it a *lot* as a special treat, and take my happiness from that...well, it becomes easier.But the past few days have still been hard. (And here's where someone says, "Challenge is good because it helps you to grow...be thankful for the challenge!" and I nod and think about it and know that's true, but that junk food

buffet in my dream sure looked yummy! *lol*)Cheers,Bonnie------------------------------------

Guest guest

I can't say as I go 100% low carb, I think we're in the 80-85 per day range (never over 100)

Helllloooooo? :)

100-plus

Date: Saturday, 21 April, 2012, 14:02

Happy Saturday, everyone! :)

Is anyone else here following a low glycemic index way of eating? Or low-carb? The last few days have been rough over here and I sure could use some support.

I literally dreamed of a junk food buffet last night. Seriously.

Overall, I'm feeling a hundred times better...so why am I craving junk?! (And I do mean junk--I wanted donuts or french fries all day yesterday. Gah!)

--I took

your advice and wrote down my measurements; it'll be 2.5 or 3 weeks before I check again, but I know I've lost some because the pants that were 3-4 inches from even *thinking* of closing now fit perfectly! Yay! (Again, why do I crave the junk when I have joy in these things??)

A few things I want to write down for the heck of it--

One of my current goals has been to walk more. So I park waaaaaaay out at the edge of parking lots now (unless it's raining), and when I take the kids to 'park days' (big ol' recess time for home-schoolers ;) ), the boys are now old enough to play without me right there (especially when there are 10-15 other adults I trust to keep an eye), so I've been walking the paths that circle the play areas. The other day I pushed myself and did 3 miles while at the park--YAY! :)

I've been working to be mindful in every moment. It's quite hard sometimes, but the more I practice

mindfulness, the easier it becomes. Also working to find joy in all the little things. I find I have a much happier disposition when I do that. As a natural-born pessimist, it's been challenging. *lol* Again, I'm so much happier and more relaxed with the new attitude, though. One of the big things for me is baking/cooking for the rest of the family. Especially the kids. I make a healthy-ish banana bread that is heavenly and it's torture to smell it and not be able to eat it. But if I take a step back and remind myself that I feel better without it and that the kids enjoy it a *lot* as a special treat, and take my happiness from that...well, it becomes easier.

But the past few days have still been hard. (And here's where someone says, "Challenge is good because it helps you to grow...be thankful for the challenge!" and I nod and think about it and know that's true, but that junk food

buffet in my dream sure looked yummy! *lol*)

Cheers,

Bonnie

------------------------------------

Guest guest

To each her own! :)

I was vegan for 6 months and vegetarian for nearly a year, so I've also followed

a higher carb program :D I just felt increasingly awful and couldn't get the

scale to move...in fact, I gained quite a lot of weight following it :( It was

really hard to go back to eating meat, but when my doctor said I was insulin

resistant and needed to follow a low-GI/carb program I didn't exactly have a ton

of choices! But I still do a huge salad a day and try to minimize the meat as

much as possible.

I hope you didn't think I was trying to push my way as the " only way " , because I

know one size does *not* fit all! :)

Cheers,

Bonnie

>

> Hmm I actually do the opposite of low-carb! If I go low-carb my pain

increases, I get dizzy and faint - so need to keep those carbs up *grin*

>

> The Dragon

> http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/

> http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/

>

>