RemedySpot.com

today's weigh in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

UGH.. plateaus bite !!!  You are still doing good and hanging in there.  Just keep plugging along, and you will continue to see progress.I hope your plantar faciitis (which I know nothing about) subsides as well :(

DarcyOn Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Navarro <navarrosarah@...> wrote:

Hi all,  sorry I haven't posted but have been so busy lately.  I am really not a happy camper today.  I had two weeks in a row at staying the same and now this week I gained a pound.  I have not gone off plan, I have logged every single ketchup packet, sweetener, etc.  I am really feeling like having myself a big old pity party right about now.   I have been unable to exercise due to a plantar faciitis (sp) flare up but I still don't think that should have made me gain a pound.  I am not sure if the Bosu workout brought on the flare ups but I am thinking it is possible.  I only did one not this Saturday that just passed but the last one, I didn't feel anything at all that day, but then the next evening I was starting to feel it come on and then by Monday I was in such pain I called in to work.  I did work on Tues. Wed. Thurs. and Friday but have been in such pain the whole time.  It is slightly better now, but not totally gone.  I had thought it would get better after losing 40 pounds but apparently not.  I am leaving for work in a few minutes but I just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that I did not fall off the planet or anything.  Have a great day everyone.

in CA

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2663 - Release Date: 02/02/10 07:35:00

Hi ,

Sorry to hear about the plateau, but do not give up - sometimes we hit these bumps in the road and then all of a sudden things turn around in the right direction again.

It could be that the BOSU workout caused the flare up since you were using your feet in a different manner to balance on the BOSU. Next time, try the BOSU for only a few minutes at a time and gradually build up. I'm nursing a minor calf injury so I can sympathize with not being able to do what you want, but give it time to rest and then get back to it! :)

Donna

From: Navarro <navarrosarah@...>Subject: Today's weigh in"undisclosed recipients" <navarrosarah@...>Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 8:31 AM

Hi all, sorry I haven't posted but have been so busy lately. I am really not a happy camper today. I had two weeks in a row at staying the same and now this week I gained a pound. I have not gone off plan, I have logged every single ketchup packet, sweetener, etc. I am really feeling like having myself a big old pity party right about now. I have been unable to exercise due to a plantar faciitis (sp) flare up but I still don't think that should have made me gain a pound. I am not sure if the Bosu workout brought on the flare ups but I am thinking it is possible. I only did one not this Saturday that just passed but the last one, I didn't feel anything at all that day, but then the next evening I was starting to feel it come on and then by Monday I was in such pain I called in to work. I did work on Tues. Wed. Thurs. and Friday but have been in such pain the whole

time. It is slightly better now, but not totally gone. I had thought it would get better after losing 40 pounds but apparently not. I am leaving for work in a few minutes but I just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that I did not fall off the planet or anything. Have a great day everyone.

in CA

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2663 - Release Date: 02/02/10 07:35:00

Hi ,

I don't blame your for wanting a pity party, weigh-ins like your last few can be so deflating!

Here's some of my thoughts on what *might* be happening (I'm a Weight Watchers leader and here this story a lot)...

* Have you taken measurements lately? I hope you have some baseline ones but if not, take them now and then measure again in about a month (and try to ignore the scale for now). If you have baseline measurements and you are seeing improvement then THAT is a HUGE sign of progress!! Sometimes that darn scale does not reflect our hard work and watching it not move or move in the wrong direction for no apparent reason can really throw us off. If your measurements have improved though, it means that despite the number on the scale you are doing GREAT! Sometimes, the scale evens out or even goes up as our body builds muscle (which I think takes a few months to show up on the scale, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but hasn't dropped more fat yet. KEEP GOING!! The scale WILL go down! As long as your measurements show progress then you are making progress!

* Have you noticed recently that you can do things you weren't able to do before? Do cardio longer? Lift more weight? Reach farther? Play longer? Anything? If so, then those things are also HUGE and AWESOME and signs that you are making progress.

* How are your clothes fitting? If they fit better or looser then it isn't the way you're washing them, it is your hard work paying off and you really are still doing GREAT!!!

If things are not going as wonderfully as I mention above, here's some other things to look at...

* You are tracking everything, which is AWESOME! The question is, however, are you positive your portions haven't unconsciously crept up despite your careful tracking? Are you measuring and weighing (not eyeballing)? If not, try that and see what happens. I know with me, often my little tiny portions of cheese which I measured for a while (1 teaspoon in my omelet, just for the taste and texture without the fat and calories) become bigger tiny portions and they do add up eventually. I was just thinking the other day, my tiny portion is appearing a bit larger perhaps and I have been going up in small increments myself (1 pound in a month, which I also attribute to stupid/stress eating, too many birthday celebrations and general attitude issues/laxity). I will measure how much I've actually been putting in again tomorrow. I won't be at all surprised to see it is closer to 1 Tablespoon now! Not a huge difference, but all the smidges and uncounted nibbles (like that tiny bit of trail mix I just ate) add up.

* How is your nutrition? Are you eating mostly healthy stuff in healthy portions with as much enthusiasm as you were when you started? If not, try to change things up and get yourself some new excitement with your food.

* Are you still drinking water? Water is necessary to metabolize fat.

* You're right too, not working out will not cause you to gain weight. That's an excuse some people use but really, they don't adjust their eating to their inactivity. I don't think your metabolism would slow down that much in just a week or so either. Good for you not using that excuse! (Really!!)

* Especially at 40 pounds gone, which is so incredibly awesome, this actually does happen sometimes. People do plateau, sometimes for months (I don't mean to scare you though). I'm not sure why it happens biologically but sometimes it seems the body just needs to rest. That would be a true plateau. 90% or more of the time, however, plateaus are behavioral and not really plateus at all. We are not nearly as careful as we think we are and we sabotage ourselves without meaning to. We get too relaxed in our efforts, go back to old, less helpful habits consciously or unconsciously and the result is staying the same or gaining. As long as we don't admit to ourselves where we've gotten lax, we stay there and get really ticked, many give up too. YOU, however, will not!! And I'm not saying that is what is going on. I have no reason to know it is from what you've said. I'm just telling you from my experience, most of the time, that is what it is.

Assuming, however, that yours is a true plateau, try to be patient and keep doing what you know is helpful. The scale will move down again. It is so incredibly frustrating in the meantime but just stick with it, you've got all of us behind you, cheering you on. Keep looking at your other signs of progress and celebrate those just as joyfully as the numbers on the scale (more so even, they really are more important). You will go the rest of the way, you've come so far and you're doing so well, this is not a stopping point, just, maybe a short rest. And what really, is a few weeks when you're talking about the rest of your life? It will end and you will go the distance. Keep reporting in when you can, complain, whine and groan all you want too! We'll be glad to listen and whine along with you if it helps! :-)

Hang in there and I hope your feet feel better very fast! I have no experience with that particular problem but I know does, and from what I've heard from her and another friend of mine, it is awful! You deserve at least a short pity party for that alone!!

Today's weigh in

Hi all, sorry I haven't posted but have been so busy lately. I am really not a happy camper today. I had two weeks in a row at staying the same and now this week I gained a pound. I have not gone off plan, I have logged every single ketchup packet, sweetener, etc. I am really feeling like having myself a big old pity party right about now. I have been unable to exercise due to a plantar faciitis (sp) flare up but I still don't think that should have made me gain a pound. I am not sure if the Bosu workout brought on the flare ups but I am thinking it is possible. I only did one not this Saturday that just passed but the last one, I didn't feel anything at all that day, but then the next evening I was starting to feel it come on and then by Monday I was in such pain I called in to work. I did work on Tues. Wed. Thurs. and Friday but have been in such pain the whole time. It is slightly better now, but not totally gone. I had thought it would get better after losing 40 pounds but apparently not. I am leaving for work in a few minutes but I just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that I did not fall off the planet or anything. Have a great day everyone.

in CA

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2663 - Release Date: 02/02/10 07:35:00

Hi ,

I don't blame your for wanting a pity party, weigh-ins like your last few can be so deflating!

Here's some of my thoughts on what *might* be happening (I'm a Weight Watchers leader and here this story a lot)...

* Have you taken measurements lately? I hope you have some baseline ones but if not, take them now and then measure again in about a month (and try to ignore the scale for now). If you have baseline measurements and you are seeing improvement then THAT is a HUGE sign of progress!! Sometimes that darn scale does not reflect our hard work and watching it not move or move in the wrong direction for no apparent reason can really throw us off. If your measurements have improved though, it means that despite the number on the scale you are doing GREAT! Sometimes, the scale evens out or even goes up as our body builds muscle (which I think takes a few months to show up on the scale, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but hasn't dropped more fat yet. KEEP GOING!! The scale WILL go down! As long as your measurements show progress then you are making progress!

* Have you noticed recently that you can do things you weren't able to do before? Do cardio longer? Lift more weight? Reach farther? Play longer? Anything? If so, then those things are also HUGE and AWESOME and signs that you are making progress.

* How are your clothes fitting? If they fit better or looser then it isn't the way you're washing them, it is your hard work paying off and you really are still doing GREAT!!!

If things are not going as wonderfully as I mention above, here's some other things to look at...

* You are tracking everything, which is AWESOME! The question is, however, are you positive your portions haven't unconsciously crept up despite your careful tracking? Are you measuring and weighing (not eyeballing)? If not, try that and see what happens. I know with me, often my little tiny portions of cheese which I measured for a while (1 teaspoon in my omelet, just for the taste and texture without the fat and calories) become bigger tiny portions and they do add up eventually. I was just thinking the other day, my tiny portion is appearing a bit larger perhaps and I have been going up in small increments myself (1 pound in a month, which I also attribute to stupid/stress eating, too many birthday celebrations and general attitude issues/laxity). I will measure how much I've actually been putting in again tomorrow. I won't be at all surprised to see it is closer to 1 Tablespoon now! Not a huge difference, but all the smidges and uncounted nibbles (like that tiny bit of trail mix I just ate) add up.

* How is your nutrition? Are you eating mostly healthy stuff in healthy portions with as much enthusiasm as you were when you started? If not, try to change things up and get yourself some new excitement with your food.

* You're right too, not working out will not cause you to gain weight. That's an excuse some people use but really, they don't adjust their eating to their inactivity. I don't think your metabolism would slow down that much in just a week or so either. Good for you not using that excuse! (Really!!)

* Especially at 40 pounds gone, which is so incredibly awesome, this actually does happen sometimes. People do plateau, sometimes for months (I don't mean to scare you though). I'm not sure why it happens biologically but sometimes it seems the body just needs to rest. That would be a true plateau. 90% or more of the time, however, plateaus are behavioral and not really plateus at all. We are not nearly as careful as we think we are and we sabotage ourselves without meaning to. We get too relaxed in our efforts, go back to old, less helpful habits consciously or unconsciously and the result is staying the same or gaining. As long as we don't admit to ourselves where we've gotten lax, we stay there and get really ticked, many give up too. YOU, however, will not!! And I'm not saying that is what is going on. I have no reason to know it is from what you've said. I'm just telling you from my experience, most of the time, that is what it is.

Assuming, however, that yours is a true plateau, try to be patient and keep doing what you know is helpful. The scale will move down again. It is so incredibly frustrating in the meantime but just stick with it, you've got all of us behind you, cheering you on. Keep looking at your other signs of progress and celebrate those just as joyfully as the numbers on the scale (more so even, they really are more important). You will go the rest of the way, you've come so far and you're doing so well, this is not a stopping point, just, maybe a short rest. And what really, is a few weeks when you're talking about the rest of your life? It will end and you will go the distance. Keep reporting in when you can, complain, whine and groan all you want too! We'll be glad to listen and whine along with you if it helps! :-)

Hang in there and I hope your feet feel better very fast! I have no experience with that particular problem but I know does, and from what I've heard from her and another friend of mine, it is awful! You deserve at least a short pity party for that alone!!

Today's weigh in

Hi all, sorry I haven't posted but have been so busy lately. I am really not a happy camper today. I had two weeks in a row at staying the same and now this week I gained a pound. I have not gone off plan, I have logged every single ketchup packet, sweetener, etc. I am really feeling like having myself a big old pity party right about now. I have been unable to exercise due to a plantar faciitis (sp) flare up but I still don't think that should have made me gain a pound. I am not sure if the Bosu workout brought on the flare ups but I am thinking it is possible. I only did one not this Saturday that just passed but the last one, I didn't feel anything at all that day, but then the next evening I was starting to feel it come on and then by Monday I was in such pain I called in to work. I did work on Tues. Wed. Thurs. and Friday but have been in such pain the whole time. It is slightly better now, but not totally gone. I had thought it would get better after losing 40 pounds but apparently not. I am leaving for work in a few minutes but I just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that I did not fall off the planet or anything. Have a great day everyone.

in CA

Ditto to everything said - she is full of wonderful advice!Also, are you challenging yourself with your workouts?  Are you doing the same workouts over and over?  Your body might be adapting to them and you may need to change things up and use heavier weights.

Just a thought! You are doing so well, !  On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM, <nancydewolf@...> wrote:

Hi ,

* Have you taken measurements lately? I hope you have some baseline ones but if not, take them now and then measure again in about a month (and try to ignore the scale for now). If you have baseline measurements and you are seeing improvement then THAT is a HUGE sign of progress!! Sometimes that darn scale does not reflect our hard work and watching it not move or move in the wrong direction for no apparent reason can really throw us off. If your measurements have improved though, it means that despite the number on the scale you are doing GREAT! Sometimes, the scale evens out or even goes up as our body builds muscle (which I think takes a few months to show up on the scale, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but hasn't dropped more fat yet. KEEP GOING!! The scale WILL go down! As long as your measurements show progress then you are making progress!

* Have you noticed recently that you can do things you weren't able to do before? Do cardio longer? Lift more weight? Reach farther? Play longer? Anything? If so, then those things are also HUGE and AWESOME and signs that you are making progress.

* Especially at 40 pounds gone, which is so incredibly awesome, this actually does happen sometimes. People do plateau, sometimes for months (I don't mean to scare you though). I'm not sure why it happens biologically but sometimes it seems the body just needs to rest. That would be a true plateau. 90% or more of the time, however, plateaus are behavioral and not really plateus at all. We are not nearly as careful as we think we are and we sabotage ourselves without meaning to. We get too relaxed in our efforts, go back to old, less helpful habits consciously or unconsciously and the result is staying the same or gaining. As long as we don't admit to ourselves where we've gotten lax, we stay there and get really ticked, many give up too. YOU, however, will not!! And I'm not saying that is what is going on. I have no reason to know it is from what you've said. I'm just telling you from my experience, most of the time, that is what it is.

Assuming, however, that yours is a true plateau, try to be patient and keep doing what you know is helpful. The scale will move down again. It is so incredibly frustrating in the meantime but just stick with it, you've got all of us behind you, cheering you on. Keep looking at your other signs of progress and celebrate those just as joyfully as the numbers on the scale (more so even, they really are more important). You will go the rest of the way, you've come so far and you're doing so well, this is not a stopping point, just, maybe a short rest. And what really, is a few weeks when you're talking about the rest of your life? It will end and you will go the distance. Keep reporting in when you can, complain, whine and groan all you want too! We'll be glad to listen and whine along with you if it helps! :-)

Today's weigh in

Hi all,  sorry I haven't posted but have been so busy lately.  I am really not a happy camper today.  I had two weeks in a row at staying the same and now this week I gained a pound.  I have not gone off plan, I have logged every single ketchup packet, sweetener, etc.  I am really feeling like having myself a big old pity party right about now.   I have been unable to exercise due to a plantar faciitis (sp) flare up but I still don't think that should have made me gain a pound.  I am not sure if the Bosu workout brought on the flare ups but I am thinking it is possible.  I only did one not this Saturday that just passed but the last one, I didn't feel anything at all that day, but then the next evening I was starting to feel it come on and then by Monday I was in such pain I called in to work.  I did work on Tues. Wed. Thurs. and Friday but have been in such pain the whole time.  It is slightly better now, but not totally gone.  I had thought it would get better after losing 40 pounds but apparently not.  I am leaving for work in a few minutes but I just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that I did not fall off the planet or anything.  Have a great day everyone.

in CA

Ditto to everything said - she is full of wonderful advice!Also, are you challenging yourself with your workouts?  Are you doing the same workouts over and over?  Your body might be adapting to them and you may need to change things up and use heavier weights.

Just a thought! You are doing so well, !  On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM, <nancydewolf@...> wrote:

Hi ,

* Have you taken measurements lately? I hope you have some baseline ones but if not, take them now and then measure again in about a month (and try to ignore the scale for now). If you have baseline measurements and you are seeing improvement then THAT is a HUGE sign of progress!! Sometimes that darn scale does not reflect our hard work and watching it not move or move in the wrong direction for no apparent reason can really throw us off. If your measurements have improved though, it means that despite the number on the scale you are doing GREAT! Sometimes, the scale evens out or even goes up as our body builds muscle (which I think takes a few months to show up on the scale, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but hasn't dropped more fat yet. KEEP GOING!! The scale WILL go down! As long as your measurements show progress then you are making progress!

* Have you noticed recently that you can do things you weren't able to do before? Do cardio longer? Lift more weight? Reach farther? Play longer? Anything? If so, then those things are also HUGE and AWESOME and signs that you are making progress.

* Especially at 40 pounds gone, which is so incredibly awesome, this actually does happen sometimes. People do plateau, sometimes for months (I don't mean to scare you though). I'm not sure why it happens biologically but sometimes it seems the body just needs to rest. That would be a true plateau. 90% or more of the time, however, plateaus are behavioral and not really plateus at all. We are not nearly as careful as we think we are and we sabotage ourselves without meaning to. We get too relaxed in our efforts, go back to old, less helpful habits consciously or unconsciously and the result is staying the same or gaining. As long as we don't admit to ourselves where we've gotten lax, we stay there and get really ticked, many give up too. YOU, however, will not!! And I'm not saying that is what is going on. I have no reason to know it is from what you've said. I'm just telling you from my experience, most of the time, that is what it is.

Assuming, however, that yours is a true plateau, try to be patient and keep doing what you know is helpful. The scale will move down again. It is so incredibly frustrating in the meantime but just stick with it, you've got all of us behind you, cheering you on. Keep looking at your other signs of progress and celebrate those just as joyfully as the numbers on the scale (more so even, they really are more important). You will go the rest of the way, you've come so far and you're doing so well, this is not a stopping point, just, maybe a short rest. And what really, is a few weeks when you're talking about the rest of your life? It will end and you will go the distance. Keep reporting in when you can, complain, whine and groan all you want too! We'll be glad to listen and whine along with you if it helps! :-)

Today's weigh in

in CA

Thank you and thank you for mentioning that about exercise, I forgot that one! , you can do the same with food too! If you eat the same things every day your body learns how to use them without much effort. Simply changing your meals, even having breakfast for dinner and vice-versa, can confuse your body and make it work harder to burn off the food!

Today's weigh in

in CA

Don't fret , If you haven't worked out in two weeks, its probably just

fluid retention.

Do you have access to a pool?

Hope you heal fast!

a

>

> Hi all, sorry I haven't posted but have been so busy lately. I am really not

a happy camper today. I had two weeks in a row at staying the same and now this

week I gained a pound. I have not gone off plan, I have logged every single

ketchup packet, sweetener, etc. I am really feeling like having myself a big

old pity party right about now. I have been unable to exercise due to a

plantar faciitis (sp) flare up but I still don't think that should have made me

gain a pound. I am not sure if the Bosu workout brought on the flare ups but I

am thinking it is possible. I only did one not this Saturday that just passed

but the last one, I didn't feel anything at all that day, but then the next

evening I was starting to feel it come on and then by Monday I was in such pain

I called in to work. I did work on Tues. Wed. Thurs. and Friday but have been

in such pain the whole time. It is slightly better now, but not totally gone.

I had thought it would get better after losing 40 pounds but apparently not. I

am leaving for work in a few minutes but I just wanted to check in with everyone

and let you know that I did not fall off the planet or anything. Have a great

day everyone.

>

> in CA

>

>

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2663 - Release Date: 02/02/10

07:35:00

>

Don't fret , If you haven't worked out in two weeks, its probably just

fluid retention.

Do you have access to a pool?

Hope you heal fast!

a

>

> Hi all, sorry I haven't posted but have been so busy lately. I am really not

a happy camper today. I had two weeks in a row at staying the same and now this

week I gained a pound. I have not gone off plan, I have logged every single

ketchup packet, sweetener, etc. I am really feeling like having myself a big

old pity party right about now. I have been unable to exercise due to a

plantar faciitis (sp) flare up but I still don't think that should have made me

gain a pound. I am not sure if the Bosu workout brought on the flare ups but I

am thinking it is possible. I only did one not this Saturday that just passed

but the last one, I didn't feel anything at all that day, but then the next

evening I was starting to feel it come on and then by Monday I was in such pain

I called in to work. I did work on Tues. Wed. Thurs. and Friday but have been

in such pain the whole time. It is slightly better now, but not totally gone.

I had thought it would get better after losing 40 pounds but apparently not. I

am leaving for work in a few minutes but I just wanted to check in with everyone

and let you know that I did not fall off the planet or anything. Have a great

day everyone.

>

> in CA

>

>

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 8.5.432 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2663 - Release Date: 02/02/10

07:35:00

>

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Well, it's been 9 weeks since my doc ordered me to go low glycemic index (and

zero added sugar/gluten)...and 8 weeks since I've been following it. In the

last week, I lost 2 more pounds :)

Sooo happy this WOE is working (and fairly painlessly :)).

Cheers,

Bonnie

Guest guest

fantastic, Bonnie!! Bet you feel much better with the zero sugar!!

today's weigh in

Well, it's been 9 weeks since my doc ordered me to go low glycemic index (and zero added sugar/gluten)...and 8 weeks since I've been following it. In the last week, I lost 2 more pounds :)

Sooo happy this WOE is working (and fairly painlessly :)).

Cheers,

Bonnie

Guest guest

Some days it's really hard, but I really do feel better! Can't believe it's

been 8 weeks since I had any bread or sugar, though; it just doesn't feel that

long!

Cheers,

Bonnie

>

> fantastic, Bonnie!! Bet you feel much better with the zero sugar!!

>