RemedySpot.com

Im new

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Gabby. Welcome. I'm (De). Make yourself at home.

Connie, take care.

De

Faith is the ability to not panic.

-----Original Message-----From: connie mcclain [mailto:crochetlady1001@...] Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 10:30 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Im new

P.S. Dear group, i love you but i gotta regroup again, just barely functioning and severely depressed, feeling like an overloaded computer must feel, its so hard just to get through a day and i read but dont understand the words; just too much incoming data. Ill be back soon, but im pulling away for a bit. Love you. Connie

Guest guest

Understood dear friend..Rest and regroup...Kathy B.

RE: Im new

Hi Gabby. Welcome. I'm (De). Make yourself at home.

Connie, take care.

De

Faith is the ability to not panic.

-----Original Message-----From: connie mcclain [mailto:crochetlady1001@...] Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 10:30 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Im new

P.S. Dear group, i love you but i gotta regroup again, just barely functioning and severely depressed, feeling like an overloaded computer must feel, its so hard just to get through a day and i read but dont understand the words; just too much incoming data. Ill be back soon, but im pulling away for a bit. Love you. Connie

• 8 months later...

You really need to find out if he is idiopathic or congenital before going ahead with any treatment. Did he have his MRI yet? That is usually the first thing they do before deciding on a course of treatment.

If he is idiopathic, then he may not need surgery at all. I think it is great that you are going to Shriners. I think you will get the best possible care there and that you can trust their opinion.

Be sure to find out if he is idiopathic or congenital and his degree of curve while you are there.

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

Im New

Hello, everyone. My name is and i am mother to a nine & 1/2 month son named Adison. I joined a while back but havent posted yet so here it is. All the information on here is great. I am not sure if his scoliosis is congetinal or idiopathic and we havent done any bracing or casting yet. He was fitted for a TLSO and asnt recieved it yet but the therapists said that it is more for positioning than for correction. They seem to be leaning more toward sugery but i say no, lets try everything else first. They dont seem to think that bracing or casting yeilds very good results. But it seems from reading on here that there can be great results. When do they tipically start casting? Is 10 months too early? He has his first visit to Shiners in Erie on the 9th of Dec. so here soon. We live in Ohio and he is my first child. Any helpful tip are welcome!! :)

definitely get an mri before anything else. my son cole was 8 months when he got his cast first put on. there are others on this board that are even younger 4-5 months! if casting is an option, the sooner, the better. where do you live in ohio? we live in cleveland. good luck with your shriner's appt. they are great! and in my opinion the best place to be if you have infantile idiopathic scoliosis. they are right, braces don't usually cure the curve, just hopefully hold it where it's at. the casting your dr.'s are talking about is not the type of casting done at shriners. it is totally different that only a limited number of docs in the U.S. know how to do. that is why they don't think casting works. please keep us updated. take care. michelle (cole's mom) Claflin <noellesmommy@...> wrote: You really need to find out if he is idiopathic or congenital before going ahead with any treatment. Did he have his MRI yet? That is usually the first thing they do before deciding on a course of treatment. If he is idiopathic, then he may not need surgery at all. I think it is great that you are going to Shriners. I think you will get the best possible care there and that you can trust their opinion. Be sure to find out if he is idiopathic or congenital and his degree of curve while you are there. Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04) Im New Hello, everyone. My name is and i am mother to a nine & 1/2 month son named Adison. I joined a while back but havent posted yet so here it is. All the information on here is great. I am not sure if his

scoliosis is congetinal or idiopathic and we havent done any bracing or casting yet. He was fitted for a TLSO and asnt recieved it yet but the therapists said that it is more for positioning than for correction. They seem to be leaning more toward sugery but i say no, lets try everything else first. They dont seem to think that bracing or casting yeilds very good results. But it seems from reading on here that there can be great results. When do they tipically start casting? Is 10 months too early? He has his first visit to Shiners in Erie on the 9th of Dec. so here soon. We live in Ohio and he is my first child. Any helpful tip are welcome!! :)

Personals Skip the bars and set-ups and start using Personals for free

Personals Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet. Lots of someones, actually. Personals

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

When my ICD went off it felt like getting hit over the head with a baseball bat. I was totally stunned and after about 10 minutes I was ok . Mine has gone off twice so my Doc raised up the firing beats per minute from 165 to 185 and it hasnt gone off since.

I hope yours never goes off,

Parish

HI ;

I cannot answer your question, But I wanted to say Welcome to you. You will get all the answers you need from this family.

I have had my unit for more than 6 years and I have never been shocked. My unit has paced me and it has charged once, but I have never received a shock. I think I feel when my heart rhythm is not normal and I try to stay calm and correct it with the help of my unit. So my heart has recovered on its own without the need for a shock. So far so good!

Again welcome,

~guin

47 yo Mom in CA

im new

hi my name is brenda and im new i was looking for some where to talk about my icd mine has never gone off yet i want to know how dose it feel when it gose off dose it hurt?i have had it in for 3years goign on 4 years ty for in info brenda

for me the shock dont hurt but that may be because i'm used to getting thim ! a shock feels like a horse kicking you after a shock i usely shake from it the times i have been shocked sometime is one time in a row and sometimes it's more then once so it's hard to say but i know i'm usely very sore afterwards not hurting just sore ! hope this helps stacie,22 shocking life for shocking people ! <boonda@...> wrote: hi my name is brenda and im new i was looking for some where to talk about my icd mine has never gone off yet i want to know how dose it feel when it gose off dose it hurt?i have had it in for 3years goign on 4 years ty for in info

brendaPlease visit the Zapper homepage athttp://www.ZapLife.org

I have had an ICD since November of 1998. In fact, I am on my

second device; the first ran out of juice. The only event I have had was it

paced me about a month after I received it. I am thankful it has never had

to discharge. But I am even more thankful that I have it just in case I

need it. I have a much better chance of staying alive than someone who

experiences VF without it.

I've been a member of Zaplist for many years and have heard a lot of

scary stories about Zaps. Without the device most of those stories would

never have been written.

Hang in there,

Jan

im new

hi my name is brenda and im new i was looking for some where to talk

about my icd mine has never gone off yet i want to know how dose it

feel when it gose off dose it hurt?i have had it in for 3years goign

on 4 years

ty for in info

brenda

Please visit the Zapper homepage at

http://www.ZapLife.org

Hi ,

It is good to have you here......sorry though that you have to deal with the heart stuff we all share. Nearly 4 years ago I had a Sudden Cardiac Arrest while already admitted into the hospital. I developed Long QT as well as electrical problems with my heart. The Long QT was the reason they wanted me to get my ICD. They said I could be walking along someday and my heart could just stop.

I have had shocks several times. The first one was in my bathroom, just as I was sitting down. It was early during the time of the Iraq war and my first thought was that we were being bombed. When the second one hit right after, I knew that it must be my ICD. Needless to say, I was afraid to go to the bathroom for weeks. They do cause you to feel unpleasant.....mine was like a brick to the head and a kick in the chest. There has never been any lingering pain afterwards but the fear (sometimes even PTSD) can be a bit overwhelming. My last shock was 10 in a row and it took me a while to get over that one but I did. I have been standing when I got some of mine and it did not cause me to fall. I learned something that worked for me and that is that when I started with the arrhythmia or any fibs I would lay down and take an extra pill and fall asleep. That would usually turn things around.

Try not to worry though because stress can affect things also. You will handle it if you ever get shocked and we are all here to help you to deal with it.

Take care,

hi my name is brenda and im new i was looking for some where to talk about my icd mine has never gone off yet i want to know how dose it feel when it gose off dose it hurt?i have had it in for 3years goign on 4 years ty for in info brenda

M in CA

• 11 months later...

Hi April, welcome to the group! I know you will like it here. I'm only 5' and I'm VERY over-weight but I don't have kids as a good excuse for gaining the weight. My goal is to get down to around 120 lbs. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you too! Jen ()April s <april.peters5@...> wrote: Hey everyone, I am new to this group. I hope you are all doing great. I will start with telling you abit about myself. My name is April I am 30 years old I am married and I have 3 kids, ages soon to be 12, 3 and 7 years of age. My DH and I have been married for 5 years and together for 10. When we met i was in the best shape of my life healthy hapy and loving life. I had my children and well as most mothers know we give give give to everyone and forget about ourselves and we let ourseleves go and well that is what I have done. I am 5'4" tall and used to weigh 120lbs and a size 5/6 at age 22 now I am still 5'4" tall and weigh 190lbs and a size 16. Last month I decided i wasn't going to live like this anymore. So My friend who loves Turbo jam borrowed me her copy and I fell in love with the workouts, I started with 2 to 3 times per week and I am now up to 2 to 3

workouts per day 7 days a week. My goal is to loose 50 lbs by June to be a size 8 and loving life and My long term goal is to be able to run a half marathon by the time I am 35 years old. I know if I keep it up I can do it. Well that is just a little bit about me. Take care and have a great christmas I will update how everything went over christmas and if I managed to stay away from the carbs and sweets. Merry christmas everyone.

hi april !

welcome to the group, it is nice to meet you here.

im glad to hear that you are enjoying turbo jam... i agree that it

is alot of fun!

did you say that you are doing turbo jam 2-3 times a day, 7 days a

week?!

wow, thats alot of jam!

seriously, please be careful of over-training... this is a LIFEstyle

change and you are going to need to hang in there for the long haul,

not burn out so close to the beginning of your journey.

i do admire your enthusiasm and confidence and dedication to your

goal. your attitude will take you far.

about me... im carolyn age 43, living in ontario canada with my

husband and our 2 young sons.. im a stay at home mom and also work

for my husband in our home office. i started using workout videos 7

years ago (wow, that has gone by fast!) and, actually, my

taebo-versary is coming up on january 1st! i shall have to

remember to do taebo on the 1st to commemorate it :) anyway, have

fun with your workouts and please post often!

:*carolyn.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi.My name is Aleca.I an new to the group.I have a 4 month old son &

hav recently decided to delay his vaxes(maybe not even get them at all

Im no sure.)I am just looking around and reading other peoples stories

and looking at all the information in this group..Just wanted to say hi

to everyone.

Guest guest

Welcome, Aleca. Congratulations on your new son! Good for you be careful about

vaccines. Read as much as you can and you will make the right decision.

Winnie

Re:Im new

Vaccinations

> Hi.My name is Aleca.I an new to the group.I have a 4 month old

> son &

> hav recently decided to delay his vaxes(maybe not even get them

> at all

> Im no sure.)I am just looking around and reading other peoples

> stories

> and looking at all the information in this group..Just wanted to

> say hi

> to everyone.

>

>

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Hi all. I am new to this group, and wasnt sure what to do. I wanted to say hello

and introduce myself, but I couldnt find a specific thread for that. Please let

me know if there is a special place for such a post.

I am over 300 lbs and looking for some support and some motivation, and frankly

just people to talk to who understand some of the struggles associated with

being over weight.

Hope to " meet " some of you soon..

Thanks.

Holea

Guest guest

welcome to the group Holea!The Dragon http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/http://tempewytch.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/--- On Tue, 3/4/12, federer1414 <livefan101@...> wrote:From: federer1414 <livefan101@...>Subject: Im new100-plus Date: Tuesday, 3 April, 2012, 3:30Hi all. I am new to this group, and wasnt sure what to do. I wanted to say hello and introduce myself, but I couldnt find a specific thread for that. Please let me know if there is a special place for such a post. I am over 300 lbs and looking for some support and some motivation, and frankly just people to talk to who understand some of the struggles associated with being over weight. Hope to "meet" some of you soon.. Thanks. Holea ------------------------------------