RemedySpot.com

2012 goals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy New Year, friends!

It's nice to have another day off to R & R from the rat race of life called work! Been a calm weekend (of sorts): I stayed in for NYE and watched movies on some Hallmark or Lifetime channel. Probably Hallmark, they were more Christmas-y in nature than the 'crap' that Lifetime can have on it.

Starting the new year up a touch, but that is more from fluid retention and lack of sleep than eating poorly. Not sure why, but Friday and Saturday nights I was lucky if I got 6 hrs of sleep. Last night was better, so if I can get back into a decent sleep cycle maybe things will continue to improve. Has anyone ever tried anything "natural" to help with sleep? I think I saw a product that says it has malatonin (?) in it. A) is that "natural" and B) does it work?

Really, I have 2 goals for 2012 weight wise: log 11000 steps average per day and lose in the 60-104 lb range

60 lbs would be 5 per month, 104 would be 2 lbs per week. Both doable. I know some weeks will be bigger than others and some will have no change, so I have also taken measurements.

I'm turning 45 this year and want to go international, remember (LOL) so I have my appointment to apply for the good ol' passport Wednesday after work. Think they said it takes 4 weeks when we signed up for DS17's so I should have that first part of Feb.

I've been to Canada, before passports were required, and wouldn't mind going "up there" again, it's so gorgeous! Mainly, the goal/thought is to go on that cruise in May with hunny. I hope I can tolerate it. I've heard good/bad about the motion/sickness....

Anyway. Nothing else to report exciting this morning. I did 10 minutes of my exercise DVD yesterday. That was enough, knee was talking to me. Oh, yeah, the knee.... this is another reason I need to get this weight off of me. Still having issues. When I went back to the surgeon, he looked back over the xray and MRI and surgery notes and the comment was "I've seen people have what's wrong with your knee get new knees" - YIKES!! Sorry, doc, but I am too young to get replacement parts, so I will have to live this out for now LOL!!

Happy day, will check in again in 1-2 days....

in WA

310 / 285.6 / ?