RemedySpot.com

frustrated...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OMG... FRUSTRATION... Watching what I eat for weeks. The numbers on paper say I should be way down. Jan 1 was 271... Friday night I was 249.5 on the Wii board... I thought WOW good 20 lbs... Not bad. Mind you the virus that week so I know I lost alot of body fluids. Drank lots of water... Ate out sunday but didnt go way overboard... Today scale said 257. WTF... OK breathe. My thought is if I was having my period maybe it would be now... That could account for such an increase so fast. I cant lose faith now. Last night I was sitting there tummy was growling very late. So I had some peanuts. NOT A GOOD idea. So peanuts off my list of good choices. Ok thanks for letting me vent.

ALSO I did call my dr to get my blood work going for next month. I asked her to do everything under the sun in hopes maybe something would show up...

NH

Guest guest

Breathe, !

A couple (very) quick thoughts--on my way out the door...

First, my Wii's scale is grossly inaccurate for any weight over 190-ish. It

seems accurate in that I can step on it, get my weight, and do it again 5

minutes later and it'll say the same, but the next day I might be +/-5lbs.

Getting a separate scale was one of the better things I've done. I got mine off

Amazon and because it's rated to weigh up to 400+ lbs, it's accurate for higher

weights.

Second, even if the scale is 100% accurate, I would bet that the flu and your

period could make the scale jump 7lbs pretty easily. Hang in there--you are

still down 13 pounds and that's fantastic! It may not be as quickly as you'd

like (for me it NEVER is!), but it's still 13 pounds!!! :)

I had tons more thoughts, but I don't have time--out the door to a science

class. Chin up because you are still doing GREAT!!!

Cheers,

Bonnie

>

>

> OMG... FRUSTRATION... Watching what I eat for weeks. The numbers on paper

say I should be way down. Jan 1 was 271... Friday night I was 249.5 on the Wii

board... I thought WOW good 20 lbs... Not bad. Mind you the virus that week

so I know I lost alot of body fluids. Drank lots of water... Ate out sunday

but didnt go way overboard... Today scale said 257. WTF... OK breathe. My

thought is if I was having my period maybe it would be now... That could

account for such an increase so fast. I cant lose faith now. Last night I was

sitting there tummy was growling very late. So I had some peanuts. NOT A GOOD

idea. So peanuts off my list of good choices. Ok thanks for letting me vent.

>

> ALSO I did call my dr to get my blood work going for next month. I asked her

to do everything under the sun in hopes maybe something would show up...

>

> NH

>

Guest guest

,Trust your body and how you feel and how your clothes are fitting more than the number on the scale. I have learned my scale does measure accurately, but there are so many variable for the "unexplained big gains/loses"... The clothes you are wearing... The time of day you weigh... how much salt you have in your body. (When you eat out, the food is LOADED with sodium and the peanuts, too... and often your body will hold on to fluids more.) Each person can be different... For me, I noticed when I make bad choices, it doesn't show up on the scale right away... AND when I have made great choices, it also does not show on the scale right away.Also, if you have been exercising and your muscles are sore from

overdoing it, you may also be retaining water as the body tends to need it to help repair and restore muscle. (I noticed my weight actually increases if I have been overly active and have been sore. (Last weekend, I worked in our yard moving and stacking wood and branches from SEVEN trees my husband had cut down. We were outside for many hours and my body ACHED and I KNOW I worked EVERY muscle and ate well and kept hydrated appropriately, yet my scale reported a 4 pound gain. It is frustrating to see that NUMBER, but I KNOW I feel much better and my clothes have gotten a bit looser over the past few months, so I know I am doing the right things, even if the scale doesn't show it all the time. Isn't it amazing how many of us (yes me) can let an inanimate object like a scale RULE our emotions and let it determine our mood for the

day? apmleehere@... From: Jase4567 <Jase4567@...> 100-plus Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:08 AM Subject: frustrated...

OMG... FRUSTRATION... Watching what I eat for weeks. The numbers on paper say I should be way down. Jan 1 was 271... Friday night I was 249.5 on the Wii board... I thought WOW good 20 lbs... Not bad. Mind you the virus that week so I know I lost alot of body fluids. Drank lots of water... Ate out sunday but didnt go way overboard... Today scale said 257. WTF... OK breathe. My thought is if I was having my period maybe it would be now... That could account for such an increase so fast. I cant lose faith now. Last night I was sitting there tummy was growling very late. So I had some peanuts. NOT A GOOD idea. So peanuts off my list of good choices. Ok thanks for letting me vent.

ALSO I did call my dr to get my blood work going for next month. I asked her to do everything under the sun in hopes maybe something would show up...

NH