RemedySpot.com

autism video

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey what video was it you watched <lissa252000@...> wrote: I just watched the video & I must say that most of it I couldn'trelate to. I guess I am fortunate that has only mild Autism.The one part I did understand was only having other friends whosechildren also have the same issues. My neighbor across the streetalways acts like is just weird. She also has a daughter thesame age but goes to a private school & they barely play together. leans towards the Aspergers side of things so mainly I guessother people see her as eccentric. My heart goes out to those othermoms that have to deal with all those things I saw on the video. Ithought that I had stress accomadating all the time but now Iknow I am far from it. I'm going

to have my husband watch it to sowhen he gets frustrated by all of it he can remember how bad it couldbe. I do know that I did have to give up my job both because it wasbetter for her & my health issues. Not working full time sure makesher easier to handle. I worked with people with Alzheimers. I thinkthat having a child with AS helped me be extremely succesful with theresidents. You wouldn't believe how much the behavioral interventionsare parallelled. The techniques are almost interchangable. The onlyproblem was I think I exhausted my patience limit with the residents & by the time I got home I was all tapped out. E.Colorado

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone,

I'm not much into forwarding emails promoting websites & raising monies. However, I just received the following such email from a good friend, who has a son with autism.

The video only took a few minutes of my time. A few minutes reminding me of the harsh reality that is facing so many families today. A few minutes helping others who are spending years with this problem. And a few minutes of being humbled & grateful for my family & health.

Blessings & love,

Dottie (Link is at bottom)

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 10:37 AM

Subject: Autism video

Touching video. We were one of the families told to "wait and see". I am grateful that we did not wait and that we lived in Delaware County and were able to receive Early Invention services when we did. The incidence of autism today frightens me and saddens me. These precious little children and their families have such a difficult road ahead of them.

a

The band, Five for Fighting, is generously donating $0.40 to Autism Speaks for *each time* the video is viewed the funding goes toward research studies to help find a cure. When you have a moment,please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to your friends and family. They are aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can help them to surpass this goal. http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214

Good morning everyone,

I'm not much into forwarding emails promoting websites & raising monies. However, I just received the following such email from a good friend, who has a son with autism.

The video only took a few minutes of my time. A few minutes reminding me of the harsh reality that is facing so many families today. A few minutes helping others who are spending years with this problem. And a few minutes of being humbled & grateful for my family & health.

Blessings & love,

Dottie (Link is at bottom)

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 10:37 AM

Subject: Autism video

Touching video. We were one of the families told to "wait and see". I am grateful that we did not wait and that we lived in Delaware County and were able to receive Early Invention services when we did. The incidence of autism today frightens me and saddens me. These precious little children and their families have such a difficult road ahead of them.

a

The band, Five for Fighting, is generously donating $0.40 to Autism Speaks for *each time* the video is viewed the funding goes toward research studies to help find a cure. When you have a moment,please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to your friends and family. They are aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can help them to surpass this goal. http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214

• 2 months later...