RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: UK Vax Exemption procedure

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'd mention that to the principal about being together for three years without killing your child's friends.

Winnie UK Vax Exemption procedure> > > > > > Â > > I am information gathering for vax exemption in the British > Virgin islands. > > Is there anyone on this group who can tell me what the > procedure is in the UK if your child is to go to school without > vaxing?> > > There is a law here (passed in 2004) saying all school kids > have to be vaxed. I have just heard that a nurse at the clinic > told someone there has only recently been a meeting to arrange > ways to be exempt but I have yet to get hold of her to find out > what this means. I would like to know as much as I can before > talking with anyone for my own personal case since it all seems > so new it could well be very different for each individual who > looks into it at this stage.> > > > Thankyou!> >> > >

Maybe you can find a doc to fill it out and hand it in as completed paperwork?

Winnie UK Vax Exemption procedure> > Vaccinations > > > > > I am information gathering for vax exemption in the British > > > Virgin islands. > > > Is there anyone on this group who can tell me what the > procedure > > > is in the UK if your child is to go to school without vaxing?> > > > > > There is a law here (passed in 2004) saying all school kids > have > > > to be vaxed. I have just heard that a nurse at the clinic > told > > > someone there has only recently been a meeting to arrange > ways > > > to be exempt but I have yet to get hold of her to find out > what > > > this means. I would like to know as much as I can before > talking > > > with anyone for my own personal case since it all seems so > new > > > it could well be very different for each individual who > looks > > > into it at this stage.> > > > > > Thankyou!> > > > > >> >> > >

most Montesori people in the US don't vaccinate

Just need to see the law

Sheri

At 04:50 PM 1/10/2012, you wrote:

>Hi Winnie,

>you have found the two main ex-pat schools!

>The one my daughter attends is the Montesorri (known as " Century

>House Montesorri " .

>Your quote is what was written on one of the forms I was handed.

>(Only to me BTW, on the first day of school - not to anyone else.

>They might get round to the others in a month or so, with their

>normal alacrity)

>

>The form is to be filled out by your doctor showing records of jabs.

>The principal was expecting me to sort it out or at least give her

>the name of someone in authority who knew what to do in my case.

>I agree with what you said earlier though & want to sort it out

>myself rather than allow her to phone about it because I do not know

>she would find out the best way or the possible way...

>

>A friend of mine today was contacting a Govt lawyer for me since no

>one else she spoke to in Govt. knew what to do about exemptions.

>I hope this is a good route to follow in that if I finally get to

>phone the chief nurse at the clinic I will know what to say.

>

>Trouble is, things are so ropey here sometimes important things like

>immigration etc can depend entirely on who you see & which side of

>bed they got out of that morning. Coconut politics.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> >

> > Okay, I have been googling the BVI Education Act and can't find

> anything definitive. But I found this policy manual at a school

> there (no idea if this is yours, but it's a starting point):

>

(http://www.cedarschoolbvi.com/pdfs/Cedar%20School%20Policy%20Manual%20updated%2\

0April%202010.pdf)

> >

> > " The Board requires all students to provide a copy of health

> immunisation records prior to entry to the School. The

> parent/guardian shall thereafter provide annual updates as to any

> changes to the status of vaccinations and immunizations as

> requested in the Emergency Contact Form....Immunisations should be

> kept current (i.e. to BVI specifications)... "

> >

> > So, records are required, NOT actual vaccination. Those records

> could be blank lines. And " should be " kept current?? Should be is

> not a legal requirement. I'd think if there was, it would be stated

> as such. They do it on our school notices in CT, citing the particular

statute.

> >

> > Here's the handbook for another school there:

> (http://www.montessoribvi.com/Handbook.htm#New Admissions):

> >

> > " It is essential to submit your child's medical forms...The

> parents are also required to provide the school with a copy of the

> updated immunization records. " Nothing about requirements to vaccinate.

> >

> > Winnie

> >

> >

> >

> > UK Vax Exemption procedure

> > Vaccinations

> >

> > > I am information gathering for vax exemption in the British

> > > Virgin islands.

> > > Is there anyone on this group who can tell me what the procedure

> > > is in the UK if your child is to go to school without vaxing?

> > >

> > > There is a law here (passed in 2004) saying all school kids have

> > > to be vaxed. I have just heard that a nurse at the clinic told

> > > someone there has only recently been a meeting to arrange ways

> > > to be exempt but I have yet to get hold of her to find out what

> > > this means. I would like to know as much as I can before talking

> > > with anyone for my own personal case since it all seems so new

> > > it could well be very different for each individual who looks

> > > into it at this stage.

> > >

> > > Thankyou!

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>------------------------------------

>

>

Just keep in mind all they want is the paperwork to cover their behinds. Surely the principal didn't go into the education profession with the goal of vaccinating all children. Take the attitude that you're helping her solve her problem of having to answer to others, mainly the anonymous busybody. How will she ever know that you did or did not end up vaccinating your child unless the principal tells her? Once the principal realizes her responsibility to maintain confidentiality, it might sink in that the problem's solved.

Winnie

UK Vax Exemption procedure> > > > Vaccinations > > > > > > > > > I am information gathering for vax exemption in the > British > > > > > Virgin islands. > > > > > Is there anyone on this group who can tell me what the > > > procedure > > > > > is in the UK if your child is to go to school without vaxing?> > > > > > > > > > There is a law here (passed in 2004) saying all school > kids > > > have > > > > > to be vaxed. I have just heard that a nurse at the > clinic > > > told > > > > > someone there has only recently been a meeting to > arrange > > > ways > > > > > to be exempt but I have yet to get hold of her to find > out > > > what > > > > > this means. I would like to know as much as I can before > > > talking > > > > > with anyone for my own personal case since it all seems > so > > > new > > > > > it could well be very different for each individual who > > > looks > > > > > into it at this stage.> > > > > > > > > > Thankyou!> > > > > > > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > >> >> > >

It depends on the school. I think most people vaccinate at our school (the administration arranged a swine flu clinic there a year or so ago, which I protested!) but probably a higher percentage of not vaxing than the public schools.

Winnie Re: UK Vax Exemption procedureVaccinations > Good to hear about US Montessori schools.> > Its surprisingly hard to "see the law"!> My friend got nowhere on the phone & is now waiting for a > response to the email questions she was invited to send the > govt.lawyer - who also wasn't available at the time. They say he > should reply by Friday.> > The only phrase I have been verbally told is the 2004 act & "Its > an offence to enter school without vax" but normally there are > lots of provisos underneath such statements & that is what I > hope the lawyer will send.> Will keep you updated!> > > > > >> > most Montesori people in the US don't vaccinate> > Just need to see the law> > Sheri

The good you have done by alerting other parents will far outweigh any negatives in the long run. I know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I kept quiet.

It's encouraging that no one so far has been able to come up with the law. Surely it can't be that big of a secret if going to school depends on it!

Winnie UK Vax Exemption procedure> > > > > > Vaccinations > > > > > > > > > > > > > I am information gathering for vax exemption in the > > > British > > > > > > > Virgin islands. > > > > > > > Is there anyone on this group who can tell me what > the > > > > > procedure > > > > > > > is in the UK if your child is to go to school > without vaxing?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > There is a law here (passed in 2004) saying all > school > > > kids > > > > > have > > > > > > > to be vaxed. I have just heard that a nurse at the > > > clinic > > > > > told > > > > > > > someone there has only recently been a meeting to > > > arrange > > > > > ways > > > > > > > to be exempt but I have yet to get hold of her to > find > > > out > > > > > what > > > > > > > this means. I would like to know as much as I can > before > > > > > talking > > > > > > > with anyone for my own personal case since it all > seems > > > so > > > > > new > > > > > > > it could well be very different for each individual > who > > > > > looks > > > > > > > into it at this stage.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thankyou!> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > >> >> > >