RemedySpot.com

Re: » Does this Obama Appointee Believe Children’s Vaccines Ca...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been trying to comment on this article for 15 minutes and it won't work. I signed up for an account and got the confirmation email, but when I try to log in to comment, it won't let me comment. I guess I'll try again later..

But, how stupid are these two paragraghs by the woman who wrote the article, Dana Commandatore...

While we are waiting for an answer, there are other problems with Bell and Autism Speaks. In their mission statement, Autism Speaks says they are “dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments, and cure for autism.†Bell’s goal is to eliminate autism; therefore I do not feel he would be concerned with improving the quality of life of people with intellectual disabilities. He would rather see the disability prevented, treated, “cured.â€

Why not eliminate autism and other intellectual disabilities, right? I mean, all you hear from parents is how devastating and horrible it is to raise an autistic child. Wrong. There is an entire community of autistic adults, therapists, parents and educators that would rather we focus on their quality of life instead of figuring out a way to prevent them from being born. As a society, our goal should not be to destroy what we don’t understand—especially when it is a human life.

So, I guess we should just treat Cancer, along with Autism, instead of trying to prevent it...And her comment that "our goal should not be to destroy what we don't understand--especially when it is a human life," is the most ridiculous statement ever. She's equating wanting to put an end to autism, to wanting to destroy people who have autism....yikes!!!

To make sense of it, just consider all the $$$ tied up in research, grants and big pharm around autism and cancer. They are both industries. To prevent them is to wipe out the big $$$$ making industry. To divide and conquor is an old military trick to win. Divide the families touched by autism and they no longer stand as one strong voice.The Caner organizations don't go after known environmental factors, they support machines, drugs and knives which are big $$$ makers. Sad but true.Gosh is seems pretty cynical. But it is true in a world where capital rules and corporations are considered people. From: "Kelloggs263@..." <Kelloggs263@...> Vaccinations Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 11:57 AM Subject: Re: » Does this Obama Appointee Believe Children’s Vaccines Ca...

I've been trying to comment on this article for 15 minutes and it won't work. I signed up for an account and got the confirmation email, but when I try to log in to comment, it won't let me comment. I guess I'll try again later..

But, how stupid are these two paragraghs by the woman who wrote the article, Dana Commandatore...

While we are waiting for an answer, there are other problems with Bell and Autism Speaks. In their mission statement, Autism Speaks says they are “dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments, and cure for autism.†Bell’s goal is to eliminate autism; therefore I do not feel he would be concerned with improving the quality of life of people with intellectual disabilities. He would rather see the disability prevented, treated, “cured.â€

Why not eliminate autism and other intellectual disabilities, right? I mean, all you hear from parents is how devastating and horrible it is to raise an autistic child. Wrong. There is an entire community of autistic adults, therapists, parents and educators that would rather we focus on their quality of life instead of figuring out a way to prevent them from being born. As a society, our goal should not be to destroy what we don’t understand—especially when it is a human life.

So, I guess we should just treat Cancer, along with Autism, instead of trying to prevent it...And her comment that "our goal should not be to destroy what we don't understand--especially when it is a human life," is the most ridiculous statement ever. She's equating wanting to put an end to autism, to wanting to destroy people who have autism....yikes!!!

Well, I guess it makes sense from the perspective of the people who stand to make money on these illnesses, but could this reporter be so stupid, especially considering her child has Austism, to think that wanting to find a cure actually is a BAD thing? I think she's an idiot...

I wonder of maybe she is trying to find the gift in parenting the child with autism and is not seeing beyond that, you know sort of being defensive (Mama Bear) of who her child is and autism's relationship to that? From: "Kelloggs263@..." <Kelloggs263@...> Vaccinations Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:38 PM

Subject: Re: » Does this Obama Appointee Believe Children’s Vaccines Ca...

Well, I guess it makes sense from the perspective of the people who stand to make money on these illnesses, but could this reporter be so stupid, especially considering her child has Austism, to think that wanting to find a cure actually is a BAD thing? I think she's an idiot...

PS I wanted to mention too the contributions of Temple Grandin, she has brought so much to understanding animal behavior through her experience as a person with autism, could they have arisen if autism were not part of her being?I don't mean to suggest the elimination of autism is not a good thing. I am trying to broaden the scope of discussion as to why one mother might defend her position. From:

"Kelloggs263@..." <Kelloggs263@...> Vaccinations Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:38 PM Subject: Re: » Does this Obama Appointee Believe Children’s Vaccines Ca...

True. I just don't see why you can't believe someone with Autism is just as wonderful and talented and valuable as any other human being, and still want to eliminate what causes the hardships that come with the disease TOO. But, I think like you and others have said it's because she's being defensive of her child and maybe not wanting to believe that anything she did (vaccinate) could have contributed to it. Or maybe I'm wrong in not looking at it in the spiritual sense by saying God doesn't make mistakes and they are living exactly the life they were meant to. I don't know. It just seemed stupid to me at first reading that she was demonizing this guy who only wanted to find the cause of Autism and eliminate it.