RemedySpot.com

Tetanus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, the first thing is it's too late to worry about getting vaccinated because they are designed to prevent disease, not cure it afterwards no matter what they tell you. I'm not sure if it's helpful to hear that but it's what I've told myself when in these situations, that I made up my mind earlier when I had a clear head, and I can't go back in time.

Also, anyone who has not been vaccinated for tetanus before shouldn't get vaccinated at the time of injury. If anything, they should offer you a particular kind of tetanus shot called immunoglobulin, NOT the regular ones. I'm not sure I'd trust them to know the difference but it's their job to.

Anyway, I don't think there's any reason to think your house is harboring tetanus, is there? Cleaning it well is the best thing for any wound, and if it bled, that should have flushed out anything nasty. Poor thing. He must have hated getting those stitches! I hope he's feeling better.

Winnie TetanusVaccinations > Hello all> My son cut open his lip today and we ended up getting 4 > stitches at the ER. > This happened indoors at home and was cleaned thoroughly at the > hospital.Should I be concerned about tetanus? > Of course the vaccine question came up three times and my answer > always was "he is up to date" . He has only received one HiB > vaccine and developed a very high fever after that so nothing > since then.> > Times like this I always start questioning myself - so any > support will be appreciated.> > Thanks> tista> > >

I was asked today if my tetanus was UTD. I said no idea. No push for a new one. It was nice. I had to get my thumb xrayed but I think it was still an unproductive visit. I knew my thumb wasn’t broken! But dh wanted to be sure. It might be early arthritis. Nita, mom to: 18, Jon 17, 14, 12, 10, Christian RIP: 7/16/03-8/22/04, 6, Isaac 3 and , born 3/1/11http://momof6.dotphoto.com for possibly current pictures and http://nitasspot.blogspot.comNitaSews on etsy.comIf you have melted chocolate on your hands, you're eating it too slowly! From: Vaccinations [mailto

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Can I get some info on tetanus and how to avoid it vs vaccinating?

I tried searching the archives and I can't find anything (thanks group search erg). I know it's been discussed before.

Thank you in advance!

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

much on my pages

http://www.wellwithin1.com/tetanus.htm

you don't get immunity after having tetanus so how can you get it

from a vaccine.

Sheri

At 07:26 PM 5/9/2012, you wrote:

Hi, all.

Just wondering what your favorite resources for tetanus resources

are. My parents (who are in general supportive of us not

vaccinating, even though they are in the medical field) claim that

tetanus is the one vaccine they wish their grandchildren had. So, I

am feeling the need to educate them about why it doesn't work and why

it's not too dangerous to get the disease.

Thanks,