RemedySpot.com

Re: Vaccines killed dog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What an all too occurring, tragic story – BUT as long as vets are NOT held accountable or responsible, this sort of thing will continue. Much like buying a pup from a pet store or BYB or puppy mill – once the money exchanges hands, then more dogs are bred/bought for pet stores, etc.An 11 year old dog AND a full load of vaccines? This is beyond obscene!Maggie – who does NOT vaccinate ANY dog for ANY reason! From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of wharrison@...Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:53 AMVaccinations@groupsSubject: Vaccines killed dog I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have these things happen. But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad. WinnieNo virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: 02/28/12

My dog stopped walking after he was given vaccines when he was ill. I brought him in to be examined they wanted to give him vaccines I said no I would discuss it with the doctor. I went to the car to bring my children out of the tiny waiting room and when I returned he had been given shots against my wishes.When he stopped walking the vet insisted he had hip problems.I brought him to another vet and she did x rays. His hips were remarkably clean for a Bernese Mountain dog of his age. No problems there.After five months he began walking again, our miracle boy. The vet was not willing to discuss

it.I learned that my neighbors tiny dog died after receiving vaccines, same vet.Perhaps this is much more common than we think. From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...> "Vaccinations@groups" <Vaccinations > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:53 AM Subject: Vaccines killed dog

I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have these things happen.

But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad.

Winnie

Perhaps?  There is no perhaps when it comes to vaccines injuring/killing our critters, just like they do humans!  And what action did you take against that vet for deliberately going against your directions?  This is insane!  I NEVER leave my dog’s side if they are ever in need of a vet – EVER!Maggie From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of Boisvert MackenzieSent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:01 AMVaccinations Subject: Re: Vaccines killed dog My dog stopped walking after he was given vaccines when he was ill. I brought him in to be examined they wanted to give him vaccines I said no I would discuss it with the doctor. I went to the car to bring my children out of the tiny waiting room and when I returned he had been given shots against my wishes. When he stopped walking the vet insisted he had hip problems. I brought him to another vet and she did x rays. His hips were remarkably clean for a Bernese Mountain dog of his age. No problems there. After five months he began walking again, our miracle boy. The vet was not willing to discuss it. I learned that my neighbors tiny dog died after receiving vaccines, same vet. Perhaps this is much more common than we think. From: " wharrison@... " <wharrison@...> " Vaccinations@groups " <Vaccinations > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:53 AMSubject: Vaccines killed dog I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have these things happen. But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad. Winnie No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: 02/28/12

It is very common.... Dogs are repeatedly assulted with vaccines thoughout their whole lives..... yearly in many places (although every 3 yrs has been recommended for many many years) and sometimes every 6 mo with certain ones.

The first thing most shelters do are shoot up the dogs no matter what condition they are in.

I have a pro-vaccine friend who's dog developed rear end weakness (common side affect!!) after her vaccines.... she didn't make the connection until I pointed it out.... she still was ready to line up her dog for more the next year. I reminded her of her dogs problems after the last assault and she had "forgotten" about that....

The ONLY reason she didn't go get the vaccines was because money was tight. Her dog also suffers from allergies.

Re: Vaccines killed dog

My dog stopped walking after he was given vaccines when he was ill. I brought him in to be examined they wanted to give him vaccines I said no I would discuss it with the doctor. I went to the car to bring my children out of the tiny waiting room and when I returned he had been given shots against my wishes.

When he stopped walking the vet insisted he had hip problems.

I brought him to another vet and she did x rays. His hips were remarkably clean for a Bernese Mountain dog of his age. No problems there.

After five months he began walking again, our miracle boy.

The vet was not willing to discuss it.

I learned that my neighbors tiny dog died after receiving vaccines, same vet.

Perhaps this is much more common than we think.

I'll bet it is, too. That's terrible about both dogs. You just can't turn your back for a second--and they wonder why we're so distrusting of our medical experts!

Winnie

Vaccines killed dog> > > > I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking > and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a > week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until > then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started > bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave > some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so > shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have > these things happen. > > But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not > get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the > vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad.> > Winnie>

You're right Maggie, I wish I had you around then. The vet closed his practice and retired. I changed vets and do not leave my dog at office visits. It was too difficult to prove harm. And my life was so full with tending to the dog and mothering young children at the time that I did not go anywhere with it. What would you do if the dog needed surgery and had to be hospitalized form days? I have had that experience twice since then with bloat and dog that ate a napkin. Neither were given anything against my wishes and I kept close communication with the vets but really could not have prevented anything. From: Maggie <redkeds@...> Vaccinations Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:13 AM Subject: RE: Vaccines killed dog

Perhaps? There is no perhaps when it comes to vaccines injuring/killing our critters, just like they do humans! And what action did you take against that vet for deliberately going against your directions? This is insane! I NEVER leave my dog’s side if they are ever in need of a vet – EVER!Maggie From: Vaccinations

[mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of Boisvert MackenzieSent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:01 AMVaccinations Subject: Re: Vaccines killed dog My dog stopped walking after he was given vaccines when he was ill. I brought him in to be examined they wanted to give him vaccines I said no I would discuss it with the doctor. I went to the car to bring my children out of the tiny waiting room and when I returned he had been given shots against my wishes. When he stopped walking the vet insisted he had hip problems. I brought him to another vet and she did x rays. His hips were remarkably clean for a Bernese Mountain dog of his age. No problems there. After five months he began walking again, our miracle boy. The vet was not willing to discuss it. I learned that my neighbors tiny dog died after receiving vaccines, same vet. Perhaps this is much more common than we think. From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...>"Vaccinations@groups" <Vaccinations > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:53 AMSubject: Vaccines killed dog

I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have these things happen. But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad. Winnie No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: 02/28/12

Sounds to me as if that vet lost her business since she went to another vet. You know, we should be able to trust leaving our pets with them. What would you do if your dog needed surgery? They surely won't let you in there. It's a dilemma, for sure.

Mine once told me they'd give my dogs their "overdue" rabies shots if they ever needed to be admitted for even a teeth cleaning, but even for an injury. I was stunned and asked if they could think of a worse time to have the dog's bodies put under further stress than while healing from surgery? Idiots.

Winnie Vaccines killed dog> > > > > > I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking > and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a > week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until > then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started > bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave > some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so > shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have > these things happen. > > > > But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not > get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the > vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad.> > > > Winnie> > > > > > _____ > > No virus found in this message.> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: > 02/28/12>

I would bring the dog HOME and care for them where they are in a much better place with me and their companions.  I do know basic/intermediate first aid and have cared for other injured/recovering dogs.  Plus many vets do NOT have anybody on staff after hours and that is beyond acceptable to me!IF they absolutely had to stay at the vet, I would be with them or arrange for another person to stay in my place – if this was not allowed then again, they would come home with me.  I would seek out another vet if needed.Much of this can be avoided if you establish a good relationship with your vet – get to know them and how they work.  Don’t rely on just what the techs or receptionist tell you – talk to the vet directly.Do they respect your wishes?  Is there somebody on staff, PRESENT 24 hours, etc?Feed your dogs a species appropriate diet, stop all vaccines/toxins and other chemicals and keep other temptations out of reach (like napkins, socks, etc.) and you will rarely have a need for even a vet visit – I have 7 Great Danes here and several have never even seen a vet – they range from 2 ½ up to 9 years old.Maggie From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of Boisvert MackenzieSent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:32 AMVaccinations Subject: Re: Vaccines killed dog You're right Maggie, I wish I had you around then. The vet closed his practice and retired. I changed vets and do not leave my dog at office visits. It was too difficult to prove harm. And my life was so full with tending to the dog and mothering young children at the time that I did not go anywhere with it. What would you do if the dog needed surgery and had to be hospitalized form days? I have had that experience twice since then with bloat and dog that ate a napkin. Neither were given anything against my wishes and I kept close communication with the vets but really could not have prevented anything. From: Maggie <redkeds@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:13 AMSubject: RE: Vaccines killed dog Perhaps? There is no perhaps when it comes to vaccines injuring/killing our critters, just like they do humans! And what action did you take against that vet for deliberately going against your directions? This is insane! I NEVER leave my dog’s side if they are ever in need of a vet – EVER!Maggie From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of Boisvert MackenzieSent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:01 AMVaccinations Subject: Re: Vaccines killed dog My dog stopped walking after he was given vaccines when he was ill. I brought him in to be examined they wanted to give him vaccines I said no I would discuss it with the doctor. I went to the car to bring my children out of the tiny waiting room and when I returned he had been given shots against my wishes. When he stopped walking the vet insisted he had hip problems. I brought him to another vet and she did x rays. His hips were remarkably clean for a Bernese Mountain dog of his age. No problems there. After five months he began walking again, our miracle boy. The vet was not willing to discuss it. I learned that my neighbors tiny dog died after receiving vaccines, same vet. Perhaps this is much more common than we think. From: " wharrison@... " <wharrison@...> " Vaccinations@groups " <Vaccinations > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:53 AMSubject: Vaccines killed dog I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have these things happen. But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad. Winnie No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: 02/28/12 No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: 02/28/12

When I was in WA – SOME vets would allow you present but that takes time to build the relationship. NOTHING cleans your dogs teeth like an appropriate raw diet with meaty bones. Can you imagine putting a 150-200# dog under anesthesia just to clean his teeth? They are at enough risk without that added in!Make sure you always have your “proof” of vaccines handy!Maggie From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of wharrison@...Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:35 AMVaccinations Subject: Re: RE: Vaccines killed dog Sounds to me as if that vet lost her business since she went to another vet. You know, we should be able to trust leaving our pets with them. What would you do if your dog needed surgery? They surely won't let you in there. It's a dilemma, for sure. Mine once told me they'd give my dogs their " overdue " rabies shots if they ever needed to be admitted for even a teeth cleaning, but even for an injury. I was stunned and asked if they could think of a worse time to have the dog's bodies put under further stress than while healing from surgery? Idiots. Winnie Vaccines killed dog> > > > > > I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to talking > and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a > week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until > then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden started > bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave > some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so > shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have > these things happen. > > > > But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does not > get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the > vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad.> > > > Winnie> > > > > > _____ > > No virus found in this message.> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: > 02/28/12> No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: 02/28/12

Agreed. I don't get my dog's teeth cleaned, either. I try to avoid the vet's completely.

Winnie Vaccines killed dog> > > > > > > > > > > > I just ran into someone who adopted a new dog. We got to > talking > > and she told me her 11 year-old dog died sometime last year a > > week after having been given a full load of vaccines. Up until > > then the dog was perfectly healthy. She all of a sudden > started > > bleeding out uncontrollably throughout her body. The vet gave > > some lame excuse which I can't remember exactly I was so > > shocked, but something to the effect of sometimes dogs have > > these things happen. > > > > > > > > But the woman knew it was the vaccines and says now she does > not > > get them all and not at the same time. She never did hold the > > vet responsible but did switch to another one over this. So sad.> > > > > > > > Winnie> > > > > > > > > > > > _____ > > > > No virus found in this message.> > Checked by AVG - www.avg.com> > Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release > Date: > > 02/28/12> > > > > > _____ > > No virus found in this message.> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4837 - Release Date: > 02/28/12>

Wow... Sorry I am late to this thread, but this is so timely for me--and sad.

We just moved to a new town recently and the apartment complex we moved into

asked for proof of rabies vaccines for our two cats (brother and sister age

8.5).

I basically told them we were taking them to see a new vet in the new town right

after we moved so said they had to wait.

I did take them to the vet (after not going for 3 years) and she found them to

be very healthy.

I asked about the rabies thing and she said she did not have a problem with not

doing it since they are indoor cats and offered to write a letter explaining why

I did not want to vaccinate and why she was ok with it. So I got that letter in

case I need to use it, but basically I am ignoring the issue and hoping the apt.

complex forgets.

the point of this post, however, is about the dental cleaning.

the vet said my male cat needed his teeth cleaned. he has had his cleaned twice

and the female has never needed it. They are both on canned food even though I

would prefer raw, but the female vomits every time I try. (I fed my former cats

raw for years, after I found out they had feline leukemia--which I think was

very likely from the vaccine--or at least exacerbated by it, as they were given

it before being tested.)

Anyway, we took the male cat for the dental cleaning. It was a different vet who

performed it--she acted so surprised that she didn't have to pull any

teeth--just cleaned them.

But when he came home, it took him almost 2 weeks to totally recover. It seemed

like he was sick. He finally did recover, but I don't know if they gave him too

much anesthesia or if he picked up something there. At any rate, I decided then

that I will not take them back to the vet unless they have a life-threatending

emergency. they are perfectly healthy, until I put them through that stress and

who knows what. He had a chunk of his tail shaved, which I had never seen

before, and it was raw--they botched it so badly. Part of he problem is also how

good or BAD the vet techs are. You can have a great vet, but they are not the

ones taking care of your animal.

Ok my rant is over.

>

> Winnie, Remember I told that 's dog died after having his teeth

> cleaned a month ago---I wonder if they slipped any vaccines in there....

>

It was probably more likely the anesthetic, unless the dog was "behind" on shots (and they would have billed her).

Winnie Re: Vaccines killed dogVaccinations > Winnie, Remember I told that 's dog died after having his > teeth > cleaned a month ago---I wonder if they slipped any vaccines in > there....

Oh, I'm glad your cat is better. I don't blame you for not wanting to go through that with the vet again. Good luck with the rabies shot problem. Is is mandated in your state for cats to get vaccinated?

Winnie Re: Vaccines killed dogVaccinations > > Wow... Sorry I am late to this thread, but this is so timely for > me--and sad.> > We just moved to a new town recently and the apartment complex > we moved into asked for proof of rabies vaccines for our two > cats (brother and sister age 8.5).> I basically told them we were taking them to see a new vet in > the new town right after we moved so said they had to wait.> I did take them to the vet (after not going for 3 years) and she > found them to be very healthy.> I asked about the rabies thing and she said she did not have a > problem with not doing it since they are indoor cats and offered > to write a letter explaining why I did not want to vaccinate and > why she was ok with it. So I got that letter in case I need to > use it, but basically I am ignoring the issue and hoping the > apt. complex forgets.> > the point of this post, however, is about the dental cleaning.> the vet said my male cat needed his teeth cleaned. he has had > his cleaned twice and the female has never needed it. They are > both on canned food even though I would prefer raw, but the > female vomits every time I try. (I fed my former cats raw for > years, after I found out they had feline leukemia--which I think > was very likely from the vaccine--or at least exacerbated by it, > as they were given it before being tested.)> Anyway, we took the male cat for the dental cleaning. It was a > different vet who performed it--she acted so surprised that she > didn't have to pull any teeth--just cleaned them.> > But when he came home, it took him almost 2 weeks to totally > recover. It seemed like he was sick. He finally did recover, but > I don't know if they gave him too much anesthesia or if he > picked up something there. At any rate, I decided then that I > will not take them back to the vet unless they have a life-> threatending emergency. they are perfectly healthy, until I put > them through that stress and who knows what. He had a chunk of > his tail shaved, which I had never seen before, and it was raw--> they botched it so badly. Part of he problem is also how good or > BAD the vet techs are. You can have a great vet, but they are > not the ones taking care of your animal.> > Ok my rant is over.> > > > > >> > Winnie, Remember I told that 's dog died after having his > teeth > > cleaned a month ago---I wonder if they slipped any vaccines in > there....> >> > >

Rabies is mandated here in Texas. So far we haven't had any issues but then again we only go to vets for life threatening emergencies. Jenna Forbes"SuperMommy" From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...> To:

Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:16 AM Subject: Re: Re: Vaccines killed dog

Oh, I'm glad your cat is better. I don't blame you for not wanting to go through that with the vet again. Good luck with the rabies shot problem. Is is mandated in your state for cats to get vaccinated?

Winnie Re: Vaccines killed dogVaccinations > > Wow... Sorry I am late to this thread, but this is so timely for > me--and sad.> > We just moved to a new town recently and the apartment complex > we moved into asked for proof of rabies vaccines for our two > cats (brother and sister age 8.5).> I basically told them we were taking them to see a new vet in > the new town right after we moved so said they had to wait.> I did take them to the vet (after not going for 3 years) and she > found them to be very healthy.> I asked about the rabies thing and she said she did not have a > problem with not doing it since they are indoor cats and offered > to write a letter explaining why I did not want to

vaccinate and > why she was ok with it. So I got that letter in case I need to > use it, but basically I am ignoring the issue and hoping the > apt. complex forgets.> > the point of this post, however, is about the dental cleaning.> the vet said my male cat needed his teeth cleaned. he has had > his cleaned twice and the female has never needed it. They are > both on canned food even though I would prefer raw, but the > female vomits every time I try. (I fed my former cats raw for > years, after I found out they had feline leukemia--which I think > was very likely from the vaccine--or at least exacerbated by it, > as they were given it before being tested.)> Anyway, we took the male cat for the dental cleaning. It was a > different vet who performed it--she acted so surprised that she > didn't have to pull any teeth--just cleaned them.>

> But when he came home, it took him almost 2 weeks to totally > recover. It seemed like he was sick. He finally did recover, but > I don't know if they gave him too much anesthesia or if he > picked up something there. At any rate, I decided then that I > will not take them back to the vet unless they have a life-> threatending emergency. they are perfectly healthy, until I put > them through that stress and who knows what. He had a chunk of > his tail shaved, which I had never seen before, and it was raw--> they botched it so badly. Part of he problem is also how good or > BAD the vet techs are. You can have a great vet, but they are > not the ones taking care of your animal.> > Ok my rant is over.> > > > > >> > Winnie, Remember I told that 's dog

died after having his > teeth > > cleaned a month ago---I wonder if they slipped any vaccines in > there....> >> > >

It is here in CT, too, for dogs and cats. I wonder if all states have that mandate, because years ago it wasn't required for cats.

Winie Re: Vaccines killed dog> Vaccinations > > > > > Wow... Sorry I am late to this thread, but this is so timely > for > > me--and sad.> > > > We just moved to a new town recently and the apartment complex > > we moved into asked for proof of rabies vaccines for our two > > cats (brother and sister age 8.5).> > I basically told them we were taking them to see a new vet in > > the new town right after we moved so said they had to wait.> > I did take them to the vet (after not going for 3 years) and > she > > found them to be very healthy.> > I asked about the rabies thing and she said she did not have a > > problem with not doing it since they are indoor cats and > offered > > to write a letter explaining why I did not want to vaccinate > and > > why she was ok with it. So I got that letter in case I need to > > use it, but basically I am ignoring the issue and hoping the > > apt. complex forgets.> > > > the point of this post, however, is about the dental cleaning.> > the vet said my male cat needed his teeth cleaned. he has had > > his cleaned twice and the female has never needed it. They are > > both on canned food even though I would prefer raw, but the > > female vomits every time I try. (I fed my former cats raw for > > years, after I found out they had feline leukemia--which I > think > > was very likely from the vaccine--or at least exacerbated by > it, > > as they were given it before being tested.)> > Anyway, we took the male cat for the dental cleaning. It was a > > different vet who performed it--she acted so surprised that > she > > didn't have to pull any teeth--just cleaned them.> > > > But when he came home, it took him almost 2 weeks to totally > > recover. It seemed like he was sick. He finally did recover, > but > > I don't know if they gave him too much anesthesia or if he > > picked up something there. At any rate, I decided then that I > > will not take them back to the vet unless they have a life-> > threatending emergency. they are perfectly healthy, until I > put > > them through that stress and who knows what. He had a chunk of > > his tail shaved, which I had never seen before, and it was raw-> -> > they botched it so badly. Part of he problem is also how good > or > > BAD the vet techs are. You can have a great vet, but they are > > not the ones taking care of your animal.> > > > Ok my rant is over.> > > > > > > > > > >> > > Winnie, Remember I told that 's dog died after having > his > > teeth > > > cleaned a month ago---I wonder if they slipped any vaccines > in > > there....> > >> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Yep, I'm right there with ya as well. I think that is why some vets adopted the practice of "taking them to the back" to weigh them, draw blood, etc. They'll tell you they do it that way b/c it's easier, but I think many do it b/c they don't want the owners to see how the dog is being treated and/or to give those shots without the owner knowing. I NEVER let the techs take my dogs out of my sight. I generally only went to the vet to have blood draws done for my dobe's thyroid labwork, which was sent off & obtained through Dr Dodds in CA. Most techs wanted to "take them in the back" for this & I refused & told them they had to do the blood draw in the exam room while I held my dog. If the tech wasn't confident or wasn't good at it, I made them get another tech or had the vet come in and do it; if they were allowed to go to the back, you would never know how much your dog was being used as a pin cushion while new techs practiced & worked on figuring it out. I also fed a species appropriate raw diet, so none of mine ever went in for dentals either b/c none of them ever needed it. BJ Judgewww.dobermanassistance.org Vaccinations From: wharrison@...Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:23:43 +0000Subject: Re: Vaccines killed dog

I'll bet it is, too. That's terrible about both dogs. You just can't turn your back for a second--and they wonder why we're so distrusting of our medical experts!

Winnie

Guest guest

Good advice. Years ago we got our first puppy. They took her in the back to give her her shots because she was being resistant (don't ask me how a puppy could be so difficult that we couldn't get her to stay still! She must have sense they weren't to be trusted). Every future visit was a struggle, although fortunately we moved after a year. For the rest of her life, she freaked out and would snap if anyone touched her neck.

Winnie

Re: Vaccines killed dog> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'll bet it is, too. That's terrible about both dogs. You > just can't turn your back for a second--and they wonder why > we're so distrusting of our medical experts!> > Winnie> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >