RemedySpot.com

Re: Pennsylvania exemption laws

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, ,

Well, if the letter says you have to do this through the school nurse, they don't really know the law. I wouldn't ask them to clarify, either, or it will look as if you don't know the law.

I would ignore that "command" and write my own statement from NVIC's info. I'd put "I, (name), parent of (name) object to the immunization based on religious grounds, per 28 PA code 23.84."

The other papers might be to do with exclusion in case of disease but I don't see anything in the law that requires you signing it. Wait to hear from Sheri, though, before sending anything in.

Winnie

Pennsylvania exemption lawsVaccinations > Hello. I am a mom of 3 teenage boys,who are no longer being > vaccinated.(Better late than never)Between the three of them we > have a mix of Asthma,selective IGA deficiancy,Gillberts Syndrome > and Tourettes to which I blame vaccines on.I am recieving > letters from our middle school to have his vaxs updated or he > will be placed on a provisional enrolement(by April 29). I will > be stating an exemption on grounds of religious beliefs Using > Pa. Title 28 chapter 23 section 23.84. I am very unsure if I > can just state the law or if I have to give a statement(I don't > want to incriminate myself by not having the legal answers)> I tried to look on several sites including The national vaccine > Information Center but I am still unsure of what to state.> The letter from the school says:> "If you have an objection to immunizing your child based on > religious grounds,you must contact your school nurse to execute > an exemption statement and to sign OTHER required paperwork > necessary to have an exemption granted''> What other paperwork could they require? maybe papers stating > the fact he could be sent home in cases of outbreak?> > Thanks for your advice and quick response!> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

here's some ideas.http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/pennsylvania.htm#pennformsTo: Vaccinations From: wharrison@...Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:57:11 +0000Subject: Re: Pennsylvania exemption laws

Hi, ,

Well, if the letter says you have to do this through the school nurse, they don't really know the law. I wouldn't ask them to clarify, either, or it will look as if you don't know the law.

I would ignore that " command " and write my own statement from NVIC's info. I'd put " I, (name), parent of (name) object to the immunization based on religious grounds, per 28 PA code 23.84. "

The other papers might be to do with exclusion in case of disease but I don't see anything in the law that requires you signing it. Wait to hear from Sheri, though, before sending anything in.

Winnie

----- Original Message -----From: papaslove1 Date: Monday, March 26, 2012 1:00 pmSubject: Pennsylvania exemption lawsTo: Vaccinations > Hello. I am a mom of 3 teenage boys,who are no longer being > vaccinated.(Better late than never)Between the three of them we > have a mix of Asthma,selective IGA deficiancy,Gillberts Syndrome > and Tourettes to which I blame vaccines on.I am recieving > letters from our middle school to have his vaxs updated or he > will be placed on a provisional enrolement(by April 29). I will > be stating an exemption on grounds of religious beliefs Using > Pa. Title 28 chapter 23 section 23.84. I am very unsure if I > can just state the law or if I have to give a statement(I don't > want to incriminate myself by not having the legal answers)> I tried to look on several sites including The national vaccine > Information Center but I am still unsure of what to state.> The letter from the school says:> " If you have an objection to immunizing your child based on > religious grounds,you must contact your school nurse to execute > an exemption statement and to sign OTHER required paperwork > necessary to have an exemption granted''> What other paperwork could they require? maybe papers stating > the fact he could be sent home in cases of outbreak?> > Thanks for your advice and quick response!> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Thank you ,This is helpful From: Garbarino <kimgarba@...> vaccinations Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 8:23 PM Subject: RE: Pennsylvania exemption laws

here's some ideas.http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/pennsylvania.htm#pennformsTo: Vaccinations From: wharrison@...Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:57:11 +0000Subject: Re: Pennsylvania exemption laws

Hi, ,

I would ignore that "command" and write my own statement from NVIC's info. I'd put "I, (name), parent of (name) object to the immunization based on religious grounds, per 28 PA code 23.84."

Winnie

Pennsylvania exemption lawsVaccinations > Hello. I am a mom of 3 teenage boys,who are no longer being > vaccinated.(Better late than never)Between the three of them we > have a mix of Asthma,selective IGA deficiancy,Gillberts Syndrome > and Tourettes to which I blame vaccines on.I am recieving > letters from our middle school to have his vaxs updated or he > will be placed on a provisional enrolement(by April 29). I will > be stating an exemption on grounds of religious beliefs Using > Pa. Title 28 chapter 23 section 23.84. I am very unsure if I > can just state the law or if I have to give a statement(I don't > want to incriminate myself by not having the legal answers)> I tried to look on several sites including The national

vaccine > Information Center but I am still unsure of what to state.> The letter from the school says:> "If you have an objection to immunizing your child based on > religious grounds,you must contact your school nurse to execute > an exemption statement and to sign OTHER required paperwork > necessary to have an exemption granted''> What other paperwork could they require? maybe papers stating > the fact he could be sent home in cases of outbreak?> > Thanks for your advice and quick response!> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Thank you Winnie.I appreciate your response and the support. From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...> Vaccinations Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 4:57 PM Subject: Re: Pennsylvania exemption laws

Hi, ,

Winnie

Pennsylvania exemption lawsVaccinations > Hello. I am a mom of 3 teenage boys,who are no longer being > vaccinated.(Better late than never)Between the three of them we > have a mix of Asthma,selective IGA deficiancy,Gillberts Syndrome > and Tourettes to which I blame vaccines on.I am recieving > letters from our middle school to have his vaxs updated or he > will be placed on a provisional enrolement(by April 29). I will > be stating an exemption on grounds of religious beliefs Using > Pa. Title 28 chapter 23 section 23.84. I am very unsure if I > can just state the law or if I have to give a statement(I don't > want to incriminate myself by not having the legal answers)> I tried to look on several sites including The national

vaccine > Information Center but I am still unsure of what to state.> The letter from the school says:> "If you have an objection to immunizing your child based on > religious grounds,you must contact your school nurse to execute > an exemption statement and to sign OTHER required paperwork > necessary to have an exemption granted''> What other paperwork could they require? maybe papers stating > the fact he could be sent home in cases of outbreak?> > Thanks for your advice and quick response!> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

yes

Winnie is right - you have to use the exact wording of the law and PA is

easy

I always suggest attaching a copy of the law

You just make a statement using this wording that is the law

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/pennsylvania.aspx

" Religious exemption. Children need not be immunized if the parent,

guardian or emancipated child objects in writing to the immunization on

religious grounds or on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction

similar to a religious belief. "

I, ______________, object to immunization of ________________, on

religious grounds.

PERIOD

That is all

you don't explain

if someone asks,show them the law that doesn't require you to explain

(only states where you have to explain are NY or IL which is basically

unconstitutional, but they get away with it, somehow.

Attach copy of the law that is on the link above

Sheri

At 01:57 PM 3/26/2012, you wrote:

Hi, ,

Well, if the letter says you have to do this through the school nurse,

they don't really know the law. I wouldn't ask them to clarify, either,

or it will look as if you don't know the law.

I would ignore that " command " and write my own statement from

NVIC's info. I'd put " I, (name), parent of (name) object to the

immunization based on religious grounds, per 28 PA code 23.84. "

The other papers might be to do with exclusion in case of disease but I

don't see anything in the law that requires you signing it. Wait to hear

from Sheri, though, before sending anything in.

Winnie

Pennsylvania exemption laws

Vaccinations

> Hello. I am a mom of 3 teenage boys,who are no longer being

> vaccinated.(Better late than never)Between the three of them we

> have a mix of Asthma,selective IGA deficiancy,Gillberts Syndrome

> and Tourettes to which I blame vaccines on.I am recieving

> letters from our middle school to have his vaxs updated or he

> will be placed on a provisional enrolement(by April 29). I will

> be stating an exemption on grounds of religious beliefs Using

> Pa. Title 28 chapter 23 section 23.84. I am very unsure if I

> can just state the law or if I have to give a statement(I don't

> want to incriminate myself by not having the legal answers)

> I tried to look on several sites including The national vaccine

> Information Center but I am still unsure of what to state.

> The letter from the school says:

> " If you have an objection to immunizing your child based on

> religious grounds,you must contact your school nurse to execute

> an exemption statement and to sign OTHER required paperwork

> necessary to have an exemption granted''

> What other paperwork could they require? maybe papers stating

> the fact he could be sent home in cases of outbreak?

>

> Thanks for your advice and quick response!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

DO NOT use these type of arguments - you are NOT required by law and

should NOT do so.

I love Ingri and her info on those pages except for the exemption

info.

It is not needed and could harm.

Just use the wording of the law, short and sweet, nothing more

Sheri

At 09:05 PM 3/26/2012, Gelpi wrote:

Thank you ,This is

helpful

<kimgarba@...>

vaccinations

Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 8:23 PM

Subject: RE: Pennsylvania exemption laws

here's some ideas.

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/pennsylvania.htm#pennforms

Vaccinations

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:57:11 +0000

Subject: Re: Pennsylvania exemption laws

Hi, ,

Well, if the letter says you have to do this through the school nurse,

they don't really know the law. I wouldn't ask them to clarify, either,

or it will look as if you don't know the law.

I would ignore that " command " and write my own statement from

NVIC's info. I'd put " I, (name), parent of (name) object to the

immunization based on religious grounds, per 28 PA code 23.84. "

The other papers might be to do with exclusion in case of disease but I

don't see anything in the law that requires you signing it. Wait to hear

from Sheri, though, before sending anything in.

Winnie

Pennsylvania exemption laws

Vaccinations

> Hello. I am a mom of 3 teenage boys,who are no longer being

> vaccinated.(Better late than never)Between the three of them we

> have a mix of Asthma,selective IGA deficiancy,Gillberts Syndrome

> and Tourettes to which I blame vaccines on.I am recieving

> letters from our middle school to have his vaxs updated or he

> will be placed on a provisional enrolement(by April 29). I will

> be stating an exemption on grounds of religious beliefs Using

> Pa. Title 28 chapter 23 section 23.84. I am very unsure if I

> can just state the law or if I have to give a statement(I don't

> want to incriminate myself by not having the legal answers)

> I tried to look on several sites including The national vaccine

> Information Center but I am still unsure of what to state.

> The letter from the school says:

> " If you have an objection to immunizing your child based on

> religious grounds,you must contact your school nurse to execute

> an exemption statement and to sign OTHER required paperwork

> necessary to have an exemption granted''

> What other paperwork could they require? maybe papers stating

> the fact he could be sent home in cases of outbreak?

>

> Thanks for your advice and quick response!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I haven't posted in ages, but I moved recently from NY to PA and needed to get

my son enrolled in kindergarten so this was very timely advice for me as well!

Just wanted to share my doctor's visit today; a new family doc we chose at

random, he's a DO so thought he'd be a bit more open.

Apparently I'm the first parent in his 45 year career he's ever seen who didn't

vax. He did the usual speil, why not, did I understand the risks, etc. He then

brought up the specter of meningitis! I said, " well, if you read the inserts of

the vaccines, that is a possible side effect of them " . He then says " Look over

there. You see those 2 huge books? They list every drug, vaccine, etc and all

the possible side effects. If you read that book, you'd never want to take any

medicine ever again! " To which I replied: " That's exactly why i don't take any

of it! " He actually laughed, and said " Touché " and changed the subject!

Kylie