RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: How Doctors Could Improve Childhood Vaccination Rates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

And if it was true, is that worse that those who vaccinate being influenced by their friends, doctors, ads, mandates for school entry? Why is that influence all right but not one that conflicts with the vaccine pushers' agenda, I mean, viewpoint?

Winnie Re: How Doctors Could Improve Childhood Vaccination RatesVaccinations > "Vaccine resistance occurs in clusters, so the influence of > their friends and communities is probably what prompted their > decision in the first place."> > OMG, am I that brainless that I only do what my friends do? I > am speechless!!!! > > > >> > good grief - McCarthy acolytes?> > Huge numbers of us were here LONG BEFORE > > McCarthy and it is NOT all about autism - one of > > the many injuries after vaccination> > Sheri> > > > (> could-improve-childhood-vaccination-> rates/?src=recg>http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/10/how-doctors-could-improve-childhood-vaccination-rates/?src=recg)> > > > > > > > How Doctors Could Improve Childhood Vaccination Rates> > > > By > dellantonia/>KJ DELL'ANTONIA> > > > How should pediatricians handle a parent who > > wants to refuse or delay a child's vaccinations?> > > > In November, the question of whether that > > pediatrician could ethically refuse to treat the > > child was debated on the > > > ethicist-flu-season-edition/>Armchair > > Ethicist, and > > > doctors-turn-away-unvaccinated-kids/>here > > as well. Putting the ethical question aside, Dr. > > Diekema has a simple answer for > > pediatricians who might want to turn away those > > patients (and in his experience, many routinely > > do so, some by screening them before an appointment is even > made): Don't.> > > > Dr. Diekema, a pediatrician and professor at the > > Seattle Children's hospital, wants his fellow > > physicians to reconsider their approach to > > parents who delay or refuse vaccinations for > > their children. "They're not," he told me firmly, "all > McCarthy."> > > Dr. Diekema doesn't necessarily think his fellow > > physicians should invest a lot of time in trying > > to change the minds of Ms. McCarthy's acolytes > > (many of whom persist in believing in an > > autism/vaccination link). But many parents who've > > delayed or refused vaccinations on behalf of > > their children without a medical reason to do so > > might be open to influence. Vaccine resistance > > occurs in clusters, so the influence of their > > friends and communities is probably what prompted > > their decision in the first place. Physicians who > > turn these parents away may be protecting the > > patients in their waiting rooms, but they're > > missing an opportunity to protect public health.> > > > In > > > "Improving > > Childhood Vaccination Rates" in the New England > > Journal of Medicine, Dr. Diekema invites doctors > > to consider the reluctant or recalcitrant parent > > as a diagnostic problem. A parent who's read that > > multiple vaccines might weaken a child's immune > > system requires one tactic; one who's concerned > > with the number of shots in a single visit > > another. What's most important is keeping the > > conversation alive, and a doctor who won't > > provide routine care to a family that won't > > adhere to the vaccine schedule is one who won't > > have the chance to revisit the question.> > > > With vaccination rates in some pockets of the > > country shrinking (in one Washington State > > county, Dr. Diekema says, 72 percent of > > kindergartners and 89 percent of sixth graders > > are either noncompliant with or exempt from > > vaccination requirements for school entry, and at > > a > > > Bay > > Area Waldorf school I wrote about last year, only > > 23 percent of the incoming kindergarten class had > > been fully vaccinated), doctors who support > > vaccination (as the vast majority do) need > > strategies to work with parents. A physician > > who's willing to talk parents through doubts and > > fears may be a physician who can persuade a > > family determined to wait for all vaccines to > > accept, for example, the DTaP (or Tdap) shots, > > which vaccinate infants against pertussis — a > > disease that's still common, and is most deadly for infants > under six months.> > > > Have you had a conversation with your > > pediatrician about vaccinations that involved > > more than the pro forma handing over of the sheet > > of possible side effects? Have you changed your > > mind about vaccination with the help of a > > physician, or learned something new from a doctor > > who was willing to talk? If you know families who > > haven't vaccinated their children on schedule (or > > at all), what approach would you like to see your pediatrician take?> > > > > > Sheri Nakken, former R.N., MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath> > Vaccination Information & Choice Network, Washington State, USA> > Vaccines - > > http://vaccinationdangers.wordpress.com/ > > Homeopathy http://homeopathycures.wordpress.com> > Vaccine Dangers, Childhood Disease Classes & > > Homeopathy Online/email courses - next classes start February 23> >> > >

Ha--good one!

Winnie Re: How Doctors Could Improve Childhood Vaccination Rates"Vaccinations " > Oh, I don't know....maybe dismiss their own legal immunity and > accept personal and professional liability for injuries that > occur from products they push??? Barbara