RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Questions about Prenatal Ultrasound and the Alarming Increase i

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have known of several women over the years who were told that there was something wrong with their baby after an ultrasound, CVS, amniocentisis, or alphafetal protein test only to find out the test was a false negative. These women go through genetic counseling and are urged to abort. This is mentally stressful and emotionally difficult through the hormonal months of pregnancy and delays the bonding that women need to do to be good mothers. Doctors have a lot to answer for. They really help no one.FYI, all mothers should know that the results of the AFP test are done and the results stored in a special lab. In Ca, this is in the city of the state capital, Sacramento. Why is that? ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: <jamesandanna@...> Vaccinations Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 3:36 AM Subject: Re: Questions about Prenatal Ultrasound and the Alarming Increase i

I don't want to know. If there is something "wrong" with my baby. Period. I do not want to spend the joyous months of pregnancy being terrified about a deformity. The downs testing for example. The test is frequently wrong. I don't want to be devastated because a test said my child had downs, and then end up perfectly healthy. I have faith that everything will work out. Birth is never safe for anyone, ever. I accept that, and I live with it. I also have an emergency transport plan. I know that it takes 2 minutes from my house to the hospital. With the cord still attached, that is plenty of time to get there if there is a problem.------------------------------------

Guest guest

I don't mean regular disabilities - there was a 50% each of my children would be disabled anyway and I knew that when I got pregnant, it was the immediate life and death scenarios that scared me. I never had any Downs testing etc, no point when your child has such a high risk of being disabled, it made Downs seem irrelevent. I myself am disabled and so is their dad so that never bothered me, it was heart failure that bothered me as the hosp is 30 minutes away in ambulance, too late really if anything happened.I refused the 12 week scan. They never used to have one and it's only for dating so I don't see why they can't just go by the woman's dates like before...there isn't a medical reason for it as far as I can see. I also refused the STD and

HIV testing as that was offensive (husband was only ever partner in my life) and the hosp staff told me I *had to* and that I was only allowed to refuse the Down Syndrome test, well, I laughed at her and threw the paperwork in the bin and still refused to get them...the cheek of her! Still can't get over that one. And amnio was out of the question because it kills 1 in 100 babies and should never be allowed. It's just the 20 week scan that has me going round in circles. I am leaning towards not bothering again...I already have one aspergers daughter (unvaccinated) and my boy with speech defect so I'm just not keen to do it again since I read the autism/speech delay stuff. From: <jamesandanna@...> Vaccinations Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2012, 12:36 Subject: Re: Questions about Prenatal Ultrasound and the Alarming Increase i I don't want to know. If there is something "wrong" with my baby. Period. I do not want to spend the joyous months of pregnancy being terrified about a deformity. The downs testing for example. The test is frequently wrong. I don't want to be devastated because a test said my child had downs, and then end up perfectly healthy. I have faith that everything will work out. Birth is never safe for anyone, ever. I accept that, and I live with it. I also have an emergency

transport plan. I know that it takes 2 minutes from my house to the hospital. With the cord still attached, that is plenty of time to get there if there is a problem.------------------------------------