RemedySpot.com

Re: How do you tell if it's measles and not chicken pox or rubella?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chicken pox usually starts on the back, sometimes the front but on the trunk. The spots are big and separate from the other spots.

Measles spots are smaller and kind of run together, and you get white spots in the mouth, too. It should take a couple of days for the spots to come out after the fever, too.

Rubella usually starts on the face and spreads down. It really doesn't sound like any of them but google it to see images of the rash. You'll get a better idea of what to look for. It's difficult to figure out rashes, except for chicken pox.

Winnie How do you tell if it's measles and not chicken pox or rubella?Vaccinations > Well, after saying on here a couple days ago that my son never > gets sick, he got a fever yesterday and just now I noticed spots > on his cheeks and arms. The biggest cluster is on his left > cheek, and they are sort of running together there, but the > other places, they're not. They must have just literally popped > up, because they weren't there an hour ago. He still feels like > he might have a slight fever. He only ate breakfast yesterday > and nothing after that. He felt like he was going to vomit but > never did. This morning he was starving and ate a lot. He says > he feels fine, but the spots just came out. I read in Dr. > Mendelsohn's book that there is no specific treatment for > measles, rubella or chicken pox except rest and fluids. He's > acting like they don't really itch, at least not yet. I guess > I'm just wondering which of the diseases it could be. He played > at the park Wednesday, with a ton of kids that were there from > the boy's and girl's club, so maybe that's when he got it. I'm > thinking I should get it diagnosed, so I have it on record that > he had at least one of the diseases they vax for, but they'd > probably be insistent about treatment. Any ideas? Thanks, > >

Guest guest

Could be Roseola? My son had that as a toddler... He had a fever and then the rash and then was fine. Maybe something to consider?On Apr 6, 2012, at 2:18 PM, wharrison@... wrote:

Chicken pox usually starts on the back, sometimes the front but on the trunk. The spots are big and separate from the other spots.

Measles spots are smaller and kind of run together, and you get white spots in the mouth, too. It should take a couple of days for the spots to come out after the fever, too.

Rubella usually starts on the face and spreads down. It really doesn't sound like any of them but google it to see images of the rash. You'll get a better idea of what to look for. It's difficult to figure out rashes, except for chicken pox.

Winnie How do you tell if it's measles and not chicken pox or rubella?Vaccinations > Well, after saying on here a couple days ago that my son never > gets sick, he got a fever yesterday and just now I noticed spots > on his cheeks and arms. The biggest cluster is on his left > cheek, and they are sort of running together there, but the > other places, they're not. They must have just literally popped > up, because they weren't there an hour ago. He still feels like > he might have a slight fever. He only ate breakfast yesterday > and nothing after that. He felt like he was going to vomit but > never did. This morning he was starving and ate a lot. He says > he feels fine, but the spots just came out. I read in Dr. > Mendelsohn's book that there is no specific treatment for > measles, rubella or chicken pox except rest and fluids. He's > acting like they don't really itch, at least not yet. I guess > I'm just wondering which of the diseases it could be. He played > at the park Wednesday, with a ton of kids that were there from > the boy's and girl's club, so maybe that's when he got it. I'm > thinking I should get it diagnosed, so I have it on record that > he had at least one of the diseases they vax for, but they'd > probably be insistent about treatment. Any ideas? Thanks, > >

Guest guest

I had the measles as a teenager and felt like I wanted to die. Really crummy and a fever for about a week and a cough too I think. If he is fine after a day I doubt it is measles.On Apr 6, 2012, at 2:18 PM, wharrison@... wrote:

Guest guest

we so just went through something similar.. like 20 spots total on her arms only and i swear they looked like chicken pox but that was it 20 spots 2 days then they faded and went away.. still have no clue what it was!

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM, <ericandjamie@...> wrote:

I had the measles as a teenager and felt like I wanted to die.  Really crummy and a fever for about a week and a cough too I think.  If he is fine after a day I doubt it is measles.

On Apr 6, 2012, at 2:18 PM, wharrison@... wrote:

Winnie How do you tell if it's measles and not chicken pox or rubella?Vaccinations

> Well, after saying on here a couple days ago that my son never > gets sick, he got a fever yesterday and just now I noticed spots > on his cheeks and arms. The biggest cluster is on his left > cheek, and they are sort of running together there, but the

> other places, they're not. They must have just literally popped > up, because they weren't there an hour ago. He still feels like > he might have a slight fever. He only ate breakfast yesterday

> and nothing after that. He felt like he was going to vomit but > never did. This morning he was starving and ate a lot. He says > he feels fine, but the spots just came out. I read in Dr. > Mendelsohn's book that there is no specific treatment for > measles, rubella or chicken pox except rest and fluids. He's > acting like they don't really itch, at least not yet. I guess > I'm just wondering which of the diseases it could be. He played

> at the park Wednesday, with a ton of kids that were there from > the boy's and girl's club, so maybe that's when he got it. I'm > thinking I should get it diagnosed, so I have it on record that

> he had at least one of the diseases they vax for, but they'd > probably be insistent about treatment. Any ideas? Thanks, > >

-- facebook.com/musingmindyphotographyhttps://mindylefort.myitworks.com

mydoterra.com/mindyleforthttp://shopmaeminerals.com/mindylefort.html

Guest guest

Hi , We just went through something similar with my son also. Never sick, then started with a 102.9 fever, then red spots on face, hands & feet. Thankfully, I had just finished Sheri's class on childhood diseases & looked up his symptoms in my class material & figured out it was hand, foot & mouth disease. The red dots then turned into blisters after about 5 days but never bothered him. We worked with his homeopath through the fever & rash & he was over all of it in a week. BJ Judgewww.dobermanassistance.orgSent from my iPadOn Apr 6, 2012, at 1:51 PM, "kelloggs263" <Kelloggs263@...> wrote:

Well, after saying on here a couple days ago that my son never gets sick, he got a fever yesterday and just now I noticed spots on his cheeks and arms. The biggest cluster is on his left cheek, and they are sort of running together there, but the other places, they're not. They must have just literally popped up, because they weren't there an hour ago. He still feels like he might have a slight fever. He only ate breakfast yesterday and nothing after that. He felt like he was going to vomit but never did. This morning he was starving and ate a lot. He says he feels fine, but the spots just came out. I read in Dr. Mendelsohn's book that there is no specific treatment for measles, rubella or chicken pox except rest and fluids. He's acting like they don't really itch, at least not yet. I guess I'm just wondering which of the diseases it could be. He played at the park Wednesday, with a ton of kids that were there from the boy's and girl's club, so maybe that's when he got it. I'm thinking I should get it diagnosed, so I have it on record that he had at least one of the diseases they vax for, but they'd probably be insistent about treatment. Any ideas? Thanks,