RemedySpot.com

Re: Rash is back!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It sure sounds like Fifth Disease. That can come and go and the red cheeks--yes, I think you hit the nail on the head. I've heard conflicting things about whether you can get it twice, so it's possible he could have gotten it again, or maybe it wasn't really Fifth Disease the first time.

Anyway, it sounds like it now. Look to see if the rash gets a lacy appearance during the coming week. Not sure what advice to give on the Sunday visit. It would depend on how he felt. Are you worried about the woman catching it?

Winnie Rash is back!Vaccinations > This is the third time I'm typing this message, so it's going to > be a lot shorter this time! The computer keeps shutting off and > it's not going through...> > The rash my son had on his face and arms this morning, which was > totally gone when he woke up from his nap today, came back a few > hours later on his cheeks. They were bright red and I thought > "fifths' disease," which he had when he was younger. But when I > put him to bed tonight, I noticed he had these red raised bumps > on his arms (esp. near the elbows), knees, and the cheeks of his > behind too. The tops of his feet were somewhat red too. He > hasn't been scratching and didn't complain of them itching until > I asked him tonight if they itch. He hasn't been acting sick > all day and has eaten just fine. However, yesterday in the > early afternoon, he started to get tired and sick and didn't eat > anything after breakfast. He had a fever all day and said he > felt like he was going to throw up, but never did. He felt much > better today and only felt mildly dizzy when he first got up. > We're supposed to be with an elderly woman on Sunday, and I'd > like to know what this is before we decide to go. What does it > sound like to you guys? Thanks, > >

Guest guest

Yes, I don't want her to catch it because she's 86 and not in the best health.

Did you ever hear of the fifth's disease rash being red rasied bumps? The first time he had it (and subsequent times) I don't remember it being red raised bumps, just big red circular areas on the cheeks, and then the light right lacey rash on the torso and arms and legs. The book I read tonight also said it usually starts with cold-like symptoms, which he hasn't had. Just the fever yesterday and nausea.

Guest guest

Maybe getting it a second time comes with slightly different symptoms? Not sure, but the red cheeks and not feeling itchy or too sick sounds Fifth Diseasey.

Winnie Re: Rash is back!Vaccinations > Yes, I don't want her to catch it because she's 86 and not in > the best > health.> > Did you ever hear of the fifth's disease rash being red rasied > bumps? The > first time he had it (and subsequent times) I don't remember it > being red > raised bumps, just big red circular areas on the cheeks, and > then the light > right lacey rash on the torso and arms and legs. The book I > read tonight > also said it usually starts with cold-like symptoms, which he > hasn't had. > Just the fever yesterday and nausea. > >

Guest guest

I think that's what it is Winnie. He feels fine and it's come and gone several times now, but not as bad as that first night and I think I even saw the lacey rash, so that's what I'm going with. This is actually like the third time he's had the symptoms of Fifth's Disease. I didn't treat him at all and he's fine, so I'm not going to worry about it at this point. Thanks for your input and hope you're having a Happy Easter.