RemedySpot.com

Re: {SPAM 05.0} Re: tick bite

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for all those that replied. I have been doing a lot of reading about it and think the antibiotics are by far the lesser of the two evils. Thanks for all the info provided by everyone. I know it sounds lame to be a wimp about taking the tick off but my big fear was leaving the head embedded which can cause infection too. Thanks again, On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Osanitch <haffpynt@...> wrote:

What I say will sound scary and I don't mean to do that to you, but

I feel I have to say it because taking tick bites too lightly has

had consequences for a lot of folks.

Now, I generally don't run to antibiotics for everything, if anything.

But in this case I would do it.

The impact lyme is having around the world is growing and this is one

bacterium which does not do well with only homeopathic treatments.

Even people who ARE getting ABX are not all getting well.

Not because it isn't worth doing but because the bacteria are incredibly tough, resilient

and deceptive.

It so happens I am doing a lot of research on it because a test I took in Aug 2010

for lyme had one reactive band, and when I had called back in the day for the results, I was only told"it's negative, you're fine."

Turns out the test was likely a very outdated test, that lyme is in the middle of a huge war in the medical

world, that lyme is not simple to cure and can devestate the body, kill you or make you WISH

you were dead if left untreated.

I don't know if I have it and I kind of doubt it.

Even the tests are not foolproof.

The standard CDC test is pretty much outdated.

In fact if you ever feel you need testing or your doctor wants to do it,

request a Western Blot from IGeneX labs.

Another options is Stonybrook labs but in that case you want to request

that all bands be tested and not just the ones specified by the 1994 Lyme Symposium

of Dearborn MI.

I am looking into a better Western Blot test and getting insurance to hopefully cover it. Just for peace of mind.

Depending on how late you treat, the antibiotics themselves can be very harsh.

If you start early though, it's not bad.

You can always keep your child on a course of probiotics.

Think of it as giving a little abx now to prevent a LOT of them later, along with

far more potential pain and suffering, should he be infected.

Ticks can also carry other diseases, many of which can be harsh.

Erlichia, Babesiosis, Tularemia, Bartonella, to name just a few.

Having said all of that, not all ticks are carriers and there is every likelihood your child is just fine.

I'm just saying you really don't want to find out the hard way.

A lot of doctors won't even start the ABX without waiting 30 days and then giving a CDC type of test,

which may give a false negative.

I say, why wait until the bacterium settles in?

It's really not worth it.

Learn to do a lot of tick searches and to remove them.

I don't mean to sound rough but I don't think you would feel good if you or someone

you loved suffered from a debilitating illness over delay of tick removal because

you were feeling squeamish.

Here are a couple of sites:

http://www.naturalhealthsource.us/articles/lyme.html

www.lymediseaseassociation.org

www.ilads.org

OQueens NY USA

From: jgq2010 <ericandjamie@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:14 PMSubject: tick bite

Hi,I brought my son to a walk in clinic today to remove a deer tick (Iam a wimp). They want him to take an antibiotic to prevent Lyme's disease in the event the tick was a carrier. Does anyone know if this works? I am not big on medications at all and he has had one time before...but I also really don't want him to get Lyme disease. Also, they asked if we were up to date on Tetanus vaccine. I told the Dr. no and said that I thought that was only necessary for deep wounds. He said even a tick bite could theoretically be an opening for the infection. Just curious if anyone has ever heard of that?Thanks,

Guest guest

Right, you don't want to leave the head in. That's not wimpish. It's smart. And I agree antibiotics are the lesser of two evils, if you're dealing with the two and if they work. We'd be on antibiotics all the time with the amount of ticks we pull off, and that's not healthy either. Go with your gut instincts, though.

Winnie

tick bite> > > > > > Hi,> > I brought my son to a walk in clinic today to remove a deer > tick (I> > am a wimp). They want him to take an antibiotic to prevent > Lyme's disease in the event the tick was a carrier. Does anyone > know if this works? I am not big on medications at all and he > has had one time before...but I also really don't want him to > get Lyme disease. Also, they asked if we were up to date on > Tetanus vaccine. I told the Dr. no and said that I thought that > was only necessary for deep wounds. He said even a tick bite > could theoretically be an opening for the infection. Just > curious if anyone has ever heard of that?> > Thanks, > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Hey Winnie!I'm just curious. Where do you live and what ticks predominate? OQueens NY USA From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...> Vaccinations Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:58 PM Subject: Re: {SPAM 05.0} Re: tick bite

Right, you don't want to leave the head in. That's not wimpish. It's smart. And I agree antibiotics are the lesser of two evils, if you're dealing with the two and if they work. We'd be on antibiotics all the time with the amount of ticks we pull off, and that's not healthy either. Go with your gut instincts, though.

Winnie

Guest guest

antibiotics certainly are NOT innocuous - what can't replace that we

don't know about in the gut and they are messing with part of the immune

system all over including the gut aspect.

I will just say that the children with autism, that I know, that are NOT

vaccinated, all have antibiotics in their history.

Sheri

At 12:58 PM 4/5/2012, you wrote:

Right, you don't want to leave

the head in. That's not wimpish. It's smart. And I agree antibiotics are

the lesser of two evils, if you're dealing with the two and if they work.

We'd be on antibiotics all the time with the amount of ticks we pull off,

and that's not healthy either. Go with your gut instincts, though.

Winnie

" Vaccinations "

> Thanks for all those that replied. I have been doing a lot of

> reading about it and think the antibiotics are by far the lesser

> of the two evils. Thanks for all the info provided by everyone.

> I know it sounds lame to be a wimp about taking the tick off

> but my big fear was leaving the head embedded which can cause

> infection too.

> Thanks again,

>

> On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Osanitch

> wrote:

> > What I say will sound scary and I don't mean to do that to

> you, but

> > I feel I have to say it because taking tick bites too lightly

has

> > had consequences for a lot of folks.

> >

> > Now, I generally don't run to antibiotics for everything, if

> anything.> But in this case I would do it.

> >

> > The impact lyme is having around the world is growing and this

> is one

> > bacterium which does not do well with only homeopathic

treatments.

> >

> > Even people who ARE getting ABX are not all getting well.

> > Not because it isn't worth doing but because the bacteria are

> incredibly tough, resilient

> > and deceptive.

> >

> > It so happens I am doing a lot of research on it because a

> test I took in Aug 2010

> > for lyme had one reactive band, and when I had called back in

> the day for the results, I was only told

> > " it's negative, you're fine. "

> >

> > Turns out the test was likely a very outdated test, that lyme

> is in the middle of a huge war in the medical

> > world, that lyme is not simple to cure and can devestate the

> body, kill you or make you WISH

> > you were dead if left untreated.

> >

> > I don't know if I have it and I kind of doubt it.

> > Even the tests are not foolproof.

> > The standard CDC test is pretty much outdated.

> > In fact if you ever feel you need testing or your doctor wants

> to do it,

> > request a Western Blot from IGeneX labs.

> > Another options is Stonybrook labs but in that case you want

> to request

> > that all bands be tested and not just the ones specified by

> the 1994 Lyme Symposium

> > of Dearborn MI.

> >

> > I am looking into a better Western Blot test and getting

> insurance to hopefully cover it. Just for peace of mind.

> >

> > Depending on how late you treat, the antibiotics themselves

> can be very harsh.

> > If you start early though, it's not bad.

> > You can always keep your child on a course of

probiotics.

Guest guest

Is there anything that can be taken naturally or do you suggest just waiting to see if any reactions develop?Thanks, On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:24 PM, Sheri Nakken <vaccinedangers@...> wrote:

antibiotics certainly are NOT innocuous - what can't replace that we

don't know about in the gut and they are messing with part of the immune

system all over including the gut aspect.

I will just say that the children with autism, that I know, that are NOT

vaccinated, all have antibiotics in their history.

Sheri

At 12:58 PM 4/5/2012, you wrote:

Right, you don't want to leave

the head in. That's not wimpish. It's smart. And I agree antibiotics are

the lesser of two evils, if you're dealing with the two and if they work.

We'd be on antibiotics all the time with the amount of ticks we pull off,

and that's not healthy either. Go with your gut instincts, though.

Winnie

"Vaccinations "

> Thanks for all those that replied. I have been doing a lot of

> reading about it and think the antibiotics are by far the lesser

> of the two evils. Thanks for all the info provided by everyone.

> I know it sounds lame to be a wimp about taking the tick off

> but my big fear was leaving the head embedded which can cause

> infection too.

> Thanks again,

>

> On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Osanitch

> wrote:

> > What I say will sound scary and I don't mean to do that to

> you, but

> > I feel I have to say it because taking tick bites too lightly

has

> > had consequences for a lot of folks.

> >

> > Now, I generally don't run to antibiotics for everything, if

> anything.> But in this case I would do it.

> >

> > The impact lyme is having around the world is growing and this

> is one

> > bacterium which does not do well with only homeopathic

treatments.

> >

> > Even people who ARE getting ABX are not all getting well.

> > Not because it isn't worth doing but because the bacteria are

> incredibly tough, resilient

> > and deceptive.

> >

> > It so happens I am doing a lot of research on it because a

> test I took in Aug 2010

> > for lyme had one reactive band, and when I had called back in

> the day for the results, I was only told

> > "it's negative, you're fine."

> >

> > Turns out the test was likely a very outdated test, that lyme

> is in the middle of a huge war in the medical

> > world, that lyme is not simple to cure and can devestate the

> body, kill you or make you WISH

> > you were dead if left untreated.

> >

> > I don't know if I have it and I kind of doubt it.

> > Even the tests are not foolproof.

> > The standard CDC test is pretty much outdated.

> > In fact if you ever feel you need testing or your doctor wants

> to do it,

> > request a Western Blot from IGeneX labs.

> > Another options is Stonybrook labs but in that case you want

> to request

> > that all bands be tested and not just the ones specified by

> the 1994 Lyme Symposium

> > of Dearborn MI.

> >

> > I am looking into a better Western Blot test and getting

> insurance to hopefully cover it. Just for peace of mind.

> >

> > Depending on how late you treat, the antibiotics themselves

> can be very harsh.

> > If you start early though, it's not bad.

> > You can always keep your child on a course of

probiotics.

Guest guest

I'm in CT--deer ticks, dog ticks. I had a couple of the deer ticks tested years ago after I took them off of my son and dog, and they did come up positive for Lyme. So, I assume any one of them will have it. It's a scary thing, no doubt. I really don't know why none of us have ever had it.

Winnie

Re: {SPAM 05.0} Re: tick bite> > > >> > > >Right, you don't want to leave the head in. That's not wimpish. > It's smart. And I agree antibiotics are the lesser of two evils, > if you're dealing with the two and if they work. We'd be on > antibiotics all the time with the amount of ticks we pull off, > and that's not healthy either. Go with your gut instincts, > though. > > > >Winnie> >

Guest guest

And my youngest unvaccinated had a terrible beginning to life after being given antibiotics during his first year (due to overzealous ER docs for a minor eye infection). He had years of respiratory problems afterwards.

Winnie Re: {SPAM 05.0} Re: tick biteVaccinations > antibiotics certainly are NOT innocuous - what can't replace > that we > don't know about in the gut and they are messing with part of > the > immune system all over including the gut aspect.> > I will just say that the children with autism, that I know, that > are > NOT vaccinated, all have antibiotics in their history.> Sheri

Guest guest

Hi, good to know for any future bites. I will be looking it up. This bite is just a little scab now. I gave two antibiotics pills and then discontinued since I am torn about it. I wonder if the antibiotics work more if you catch it right away. My dad was telling me that he knew a guy that had it but they didn't realize for awhile and he eventually had to have IV drugs at night while he slept but then it went away. It is so hard to be a parent... I am constantly worried if I am doing the right thing for my kids! I hope and most of all pray that this is just nothing. Thanks for all the info though. When my son had a bee sting in the past we put a damp tea bag on and that helped relieve him very quickly.Thanks, On Apr 6, 2012, at 11:19 AM, Flickinger <mrsflickinger@...> wrote:

Plantain leaves are great. My 11 month old son was bitten by a spider on his neck while camping so I picked some leaves, chewed them up and applied it to the bite. Redness and white puss went away very quickly. Plantain pulls out poison very well. It's good for all stings and bites. Not sure about Lyme though. I do love that herb, and it is everywhere.Jen Flick in PASent from my iPhoneOn Apr 6, 2012, at 10:53 AM, Kelloggs263@... wrote:

, I just remembered that when my son had the bug bite on his arm, I talked to a friend of mine who knows everything there is to know about Lyme disease, because her husband has had it for 12 years. He's been on antibiotics for most of those twelve years, and she said every time he stops taking them, he can barely move again. (Sounds to me like they're not working, if he needs to keep taking them). Anyway, she also was familiar with many all natural cures remedies, and the one I remember is Plaintain leaves. (I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right). I don't think they were for Lyme specifically, but to fight infection or something. I said "where do I find them?" and she said there was an old native American saying about how anywhere you are, there are plaintain leaves in your site or something like that. IN other words, they're everywhere. So, she told me to do a search online of plaintain leaves and find them in my yard, crush them up a little bit and put them on the bite and keep it there with some gauze or a bandage. I never had to use it because it was fine the next day, so I don't know if it works, but It's worth a try. She sent me an article about the leaves, and they were supposed to be good for all kinds of things.

Guest guest

IF the tick had Lyme Disease and IF it was on long enough to transmit it and IF your immune system didn't fight it. Not to dismiss the seriousness of Lyme Disease...

I don't think any doctor would prescribe IV antibiotics for a child who was never even tested.

Winnie Re: {SPAM 05.0} Re: tick bite> >>>"Vaccinations " > >>>> >>>> Thanks for all those that replied. I have been doing a lot > of > >>>> reading about it and think the antibiotics are by far the > lesser > >>>> of the two evils. Thanks for all the info provided by > everyone. > >>>> I know it sounds lame to be a wimp about taking the tick > off > >>>> but my big fear was leaving the head embedded which can > cause > >>>> infection too. > >>>> Thanks again, > >>>> > >>>> On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Osanitch > >>>> wrote:> >>>> > What I say will sound scary and I don't mean to do that > to > >>>> you, but> >>>> > I feel I have to say it because taking tick bites too lightly> has> >>>> > had consequences for a lot of folks.> >>>> > > >>>> > Now, I generally don't run to antibiotics for everything, > if > >>>> anything.> But in this case I would do it.> >>>> > > >>>> > The impact lyme is having around the world is growing and > this > >>>> is one> >>>> > bacterium which does not do well with only homeopathic> treatments.> >>>> > > >>>> > Even people who ARE getting ABX are not all getting well.> >>>> > Not because it isn't worth doing but because the bacteria > are > >>>> incredibly tough, resilient> >>>> > and deceptive.> >>>> > > >>>> > It so happens I am doing a lot of research on it because > a > >>>> test I took in Aug 2010> >>>> > for lyme had one reactive band, and when I had called > back in > >>>> the day for the results, I was only told> >>>> > "it's negative, you're fine."> >>>> > > >>>> > Turns out the test was likely a very outdated test, that > lyme > >>>> is in the middle of a huge war in the medical> >>>> > world, that lyme is not simple to cure and can devestate > the > >>>> body, kill you or make you WISH> >>>> > you were dead if left untreated.> >>>> > > >>>> > I don't know if I have it and I kind of doubt it.> >>>> > Even the tests are not foolproof.> >>>> > The standard CDC test is pretty much outdated.> >>>> > In fact if you ever feel you need testing or your doctor > wants > >>>> to do it,> >>>> > request a Western Blot from IGeneX labs.> >>>> > Another options is Stonybrook labs but in that case you > want > >>>> to request> >>>> > that all bands be tested and not just the ones specified > by > >>>> the 1994 Lyme Symposium> >>>> > of Dearborn MI.> >>>> > > >>>> > I am looking into a better Western Blot test and getting > >>>> insurance to hopefully cover it. Just for peace of mind.> >>>> > > >>>> > Depending on how late you treat, the antibiotics > themselves > >>>> can be very harsh.> >>>> > If you start early though, it's not bad.> >>>> > You can always keep your child on a course of> probiotics.> >>>> >>>> >>>> > > >> >

Guest guest

Oh, that was so long ago, probably 10 years. They were in long enough to be difficult to yank out. I can't remember about the engorgement.

Yes, it was the state lab. They used to test any ticks you sent in, then changed it to only ones that attached to a human because they were getting so many. As a matter of fact, I am remembering now that they first sent the report that it was inconclusive because they didn't have the stomach. Well, I knew I got the whole thing or I wouldn't have sent it in. So I called them and they said let me get the tick. Oh, you're right the whole thing is here. We'll retest--and it came back positive! Jeez Louise....

So, now I know it's in our backyard and we check for ticks all the time. Maybe I'm just so used to finding them and not having anything come of it that I don't worry so much. But I do know people who are devastated by it. One friend's son has multiple tick diseases, not just Lyme, and spent much of last year on crutches. He's had issues for years (and I will add was fully vaccinated--in fact, got two series of the Hep B shots by mistake).

They go to a Dr. in CT who is "the" doctor around here to go to. Her son was constantly on one antibiotic or another for a couple of years, which is one reason I'm leary of them. You'd think if they were working he wouldn't be so sick. So, is it the Lyme or the antibiotics or both? Hard to know. It's so complex. You can get the movie "Under Our Skin" at his website: (http://www.drjoneskids.com/) An acquaintance of mine, Elise Brady-Moe, is in the film and promoted it in our area. Another friend/neighbor, Kopins Shaw, is very knowledgeable about LD and used to run presentations on it. Her whole family had it at one time or another. She said a lot of cases of MS turn out to be LD and even ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). She told me that a Dr. Bach in PA has treated advanced cases of ALS and cured them by treating for Lyme.

There's so much they don't know. Definitely a concern, but as I said, we'd be on antibiotics all the time for all the ticks we find.

Winnie

Re: {SPAM 05.0} Re: tick bite> >> > > >> >> >> > > >> >Right, you don't want to leave the head in. That's not > wimpish. > >> It's smart. And I agree antibiotics are the lesser of two > evils, > >> if you're dealing with the two and if they work. We'd be on > >> antibiotics all the time with the amount of ticks we pull > off, > >> and that's not healthy either. Go with your gut instincts, > >> though. > >> > > >> >Winnie> >> > > > > >> >

Guest guest

To clarify, the MS didn't turn out to be ALS. The ALS turned out to be Lyme Disease Re: {SPAM 05.0} Re: tick bite> > >> > > > >> >> > >> > > > >> >Right, you don't want to leave the head in. That's not > > wimpish. > > >> It's smart. And I agree antibiotics are the lesser of two > > evils, > > >> if you're dealing with the two and if they work. We'd be on > > >> antibiotics all the time with the amount of ticks we pull > > off, > > >> and that's not healthy either. Go with your gut instincts, > > >> though. > > >> > > > >> >Winnie> > >> > > > > > > >> > >>

Guest guest

There was a study showing that a one time dose of doxy (I think 200 mg)

within 24 hours of tick bite prevented transmission. So you might be okay

with the one dose if it was timely.

There is also a topical abx that apparently can prevent infection if

applied to the tick bite site within 24 hours of tick removal. I think it

was azithromycin. Not sure tho... I know that it is NOT any of the ones

in the OTC triple abx ointment.

I wonder if the antibiotics work

> more if you catch it right away.

> Thanks,

>