RemedySpot.com

RE: Baby shots comment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was totally like that mom, which is why my son was up to date with his vaccines up to his 4 month "well visit". Then we wised up. It was such a comfort knowing he'd be safe if we got his shots. Oy. His 2 month shots, we paid $175.00 out of pocket. I'd like that money back!! LOL~From: wharrison@...To: "Vaccinations@groups" <Vaccinations >Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:24:39 PMSubject: Baby shots comment

I met someone with a new baby today, and she said she was a little cautious about keeping the baby away from people and germs. But once the baby got her first set of shots she wouldn't worry any more.

Because we all know the first set of shots confers 100% long-term protection against all diseases, including ones the vaccines aren't even for (sarcasm)!!

I just said that the best way for her to keep her child healthy was to stay away from the doctor as much as possible. I got a weird look--haha.

Winnie

Guest guest

And then the shot doesn’t protect and you get ‘well, if you didn’t get the shot, the case of X would have been worseâ€.. yeah right. They contradict themselves so much it’s painful. They can’t predict exactly what flu’s will strike, they guess. But they can say for certainty that if you didn’t get the shot, the disease you got was going to be worse. Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and 2 online web stores! for Moms and kids, prenatal to tweens: http://www.kneehigh2agrasshopper.com A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com I have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

Guest guest

Right, I think many of us who start off vaccinating are clueless about how little vaccines work with the first round (pretending they work at all). I probably thought they just wore off quickly and had to be given fairly often until they finally took. Now I know even the manufacturers won't guarantee anything close to 100% after a full series over the course of several years. All risk, no benefit.

And $175 out of pocket? Ouch. That's another thing, that insurance generally pays for most, if not all, of it so parents figure, why not?

Winnie Baby shots comment > > > > > > > > I met someone with a new baby today, and she said she was a > little cautious about keeping the baby away from people and > germs. But once the baby got her first set of shots she wouldn't > worry any more. > > Because we all know the first set of shots confers 100% long-> term protection against all diseases, including ones the > vaccines aren't even for (sarcasm)!! > > I just said that the best way for her to keep her child healthy > was to stay away from the doctor as much as possible. I got a > weird look--haha. > > Winnie > > >