RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I wish. The schools won't even accept it from a Naturopath, and they're considered by the state to by licensed physicians.

Winnie Son needs sports physical> > > > > > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring sport. > This means he> needs a sports physical ASAP. The ped wasn't available this > week, only the> nurse practitioner. Fine, I don't care since we just need the > form signed. I> suppose nurse practitioners give the whole vaccine lecture, too? > > > > Winnie> > > > _____ > > No virus found in this message.> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4868 - Release Date: > 03/13/12>

Guest guest

Right, just cut them off at the pass and save us all some time. Well, if nothing else my son can see them in action and how to respond to them. Annoyed I have to pay to have a piece of paper signed saying he's healthy enough to play a sport so he can be...healthy!

Winnie Re: Son needs sports physicalVaccinations > Winne,> > If need be, remind whoever that you are there for a sports > physical not to discuss their idea of the benefit of > vaccinations as that is not up for discussion.> > Jackie Noel> www.sagacioousairedales.com> www.sagaciousdogcountry.com> > > >> > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring sport. > This > >

Guest guest

I had the same dilemma, Winnie, when I had to take my son in for a sports physical so he could play basketball. He was fighting a cold at the time, and they were still ready to shoot him up until I told them they may want to look closer at his paperwork and note that we don't vaccinate. To my surprise, when the physicians asked me why (there were two of them present--a female and a male), they listened politely and didn't press the issue. They cleared him, signed the necessary paperwork, and that was that. I had looked in to getting our chiropractor to sign off on the paperwork, but they don't allow it in California.

From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wed, March 14, 2012 10:28:05 AMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Right, just cut them off at the pass and save us all some time. Well, if nothing else my son can see them in action and how to respond to them. Annoyed I have to pay to have a piece of paper signed saying he's healthy enough to play a sport so he can be...healthy!

Winnie Re: Son needs sports physicalVaccinations > Winne,> > If need be, remind whoever that you are there for a sports > physical not to discuss their idea of the benefit of > vaccinations as that is not up for discussion.> > Jackie Noel> www.sagacioousairedales.com> www.sagaciousdogcountry.com> > > >> > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring sport. > This .

Guest guest

Wow, good thing you were there! I'm never leaving my sons alone with any doctor ever again.

Winnie Re: Son needs sports physical> Vaccinations > > > Winne,> > > > If need be, remind whoever that you are there for a sports > > physical not to discuss their idea of the benefit of > > vaccinations as that is not up for discussion.> > > > Jackie Noel> > www.sagacioousairedales.com> > www.sagaciousdogcountry.com> > > > > > >> > > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring > sport. > > This > . > >

Guest guest

I'm glad I was there, too! Later I left the room for a bit so the male physician could check his nether regions, but when I came back in and the doctor left to go fill out the paper, my son assured me that they didn't try anything sneaky. He knows!

From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wed, March 14, 2012 10:58:19 AMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Wow, good thing you were there! I'm never leaving my sons alone with any doctor ever again.

Winnie Re: Son needs sports physical> Vaccinations > > >

Winne,> > > > If need be, remind whoever that you are there for a sports > > physical not to discuss their idea of the benefit of > > vaccinations as that is not up for discussion.> > > > Jackie Noel> > www.sagacioousairedales.com> > www.sagaciousdogcountry.com> > > > > > >> > > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring > sport. > > This .

Guest guest

Watch out for the TB tests. They don't count them as vaccines so she stabbed my son with one last time around.

Winnie Re: Son needs sports physical> > Vaccinations > > > > > Winne,> > > > > > If need be, remind whoever that you are there for a sports > > > physical not to discuss their idea of the benefit of > > > vaccinations as that is not up for discussion.> > > > > > Jackie Noel> > > www.sagacioousairedales.com> > > www.sagaciousdogcountry.com> > > > > > > > > >> > > > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring > > sport. > > > This > . > >

Guest guest

Dear :My late father was a chiropractor. He signed off for me, my siblings, and my own children when they went to school and to sports. I never had a problem. Well, once, in 1958, a nun told my mom that we needed to see a proper doctor for my school physical. I was already in second grade and I had a sister in first grade, and they finally noticed! My mom shot back with a statement that the state of CA allows chiropractors to do physicals and that was that! ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: <allitwin2@...> Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:37 AM Subject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

I'm glad I was there, too! Later I left the room for a bit so the male physician could check his nether regions, but when I came back in and the doctor left to go fill out the paper, my son assured me that they didn't try anything sneaky. He knows!

From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wed, March 14, 2012 10:58:19 AMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Winne,> > > > If need be, remind whoever that you are there for a sports > > physical not to discuss their idea of the benefit of > > vaccinations as that is not up for discussion.> > > > Jackie Noel> > www.sagacioousairedales.com> > www.sagaciousdogcountry.com> > > > > > >> > > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring > sport. > > This .

Guest guest

Hi Maureen,

Things have evidently changed, because there is all sorts of big, bold language printed on the physical forms stating what types of physicians they will accept. Chiropractors are not accepted. I even checked with my chiropractor, and he confirmed that he couldn't do the physical for us.

From: maureen gradvohl <mrsvoltaire@...>"Vaccinations " <Vaccinations >Sent: Wed, March 14, 2012 2:54:12 PMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Dear :

My late father was a chiropractor. He signed off for me, my siblings, and my own children when they went to school and to sports. I never had a problem.

Well, once, in 1958, a nun told my mom that we needed to see a proper doctor for my school physical. I was already in second grade and I had a sister in first grade, and they finally noticed! My mom shot back with a statement that the state of CA allows chiropractors to do physicals and that was that!

~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~

From: <allitwin2@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:37 AMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Guest guest

Just as there is big, bold language and posted signs in every school office and enrollment forms admonishing parents to present their vaccination records in order to be enrolled or their child will never be admitted unless all vaccines are up to date, you and I know the law does not say that. I am sure the real language of the law may be a bit different.What do Christian Scientists do? It is against their religion to go to a medical doctor for most regular treatments. Requiring them to submit to a medical exam may be against their religion which would be a first amendment issue. I am simply suggesting that you not take anyone's word for it; find and read the law the law for yourself; ask

them to produce it for you. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: <allitwin2@...> Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:29 PM Subject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Hi Maureen,

Things have evidently changed, because there is all sorts of big, bold language printed on the physical forms stating what types of physicians they will accept. Chiropractors are not accepted. I even checked with my chiropractor, and he confirmed that he couldn't do the physical for us.

From: maureen gradvohl <mrsvoltaire@...>"Vaccinations " <Vaccinations >Sent: Wed, March 14, 2012 2:54:12 PMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Dear :

My late father was a chiropractor. He signed off for me, my siblings, and my own children when they went to school and to sports. I never had a problem.

Well, once, in 1958, a nun told my mom that we needed to see a proper doctor for my school physical. I was already in second grade and I had a sister in first grade, and they finally noticed! My mom shot back with a statement that the state of CA allows chiropractors to do physicals and that was that!

~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~

From: <allitwin2@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:37 AMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Guest guest

I'll keep that in mind for next time. I'm aware that parents can opt out of school physicals, which I did for my younger daughter, but since it had been years since my son had a physical, he was interested in going to the appointment, and I didn't have a problem with it. I'm actually glad we went; I even had a chance to educate the physician on homeopathic remedies in lieu of an over-the-counter pain med he was suggesting for my son's pulled muscle.

From: maureen gradvohl <mrsvoltaire@...>"Vaccinations " <Vaccinations >Sent: Wed, March 14, 2012 3:39:55 PMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Just as there is big, bold language and posted signs in every school office and enrollment forms admonishing parents to present their vaccination records in order to be enrolled or their child will never be admitted unless all vaccines are up to date, you and I know the law does not say that. I am sure the real language of the law may be a bit different.

What do Christian Scientists do? It is against their religion to go to a medical doctor for most regular treatments. Requiring them to submit to a medical exam may be against their religion which would be a first amendment issue.

I am simply suggesting that you not take anyone's word for it; find and read the law the law for yourself; ask them to produce it for you.

~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~

From: <allitwin2@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:29 PMSubject: Re: Re: Son needs sports physical

Hi Maureen,

Dear :

~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~

Guest guest

In CT, you can opt out of health assessments for school entry on religious grounds. However, your child will not be allowed to play sports without an annual one.

But if you do get one, it must be by a licensed physician. Naturopaths are defined as licensed physicians in CT (I believe chiros are specifically excluded under the state definition). So, you'd think that would be accepted, but it's not.

I went round and round this with our public schools last year. They checked with their school MD who said they've always just accepted them from MD's and I said so what? The state law doesn't say "whatever you've always done." So they checked with the state Board of Ed who said it's whatever the school normally does. Aargh. Yes, they're wrong but unless you have the time to pursue this and win, there's nothing the average parent can do in a few months time. It is on my to-do list, though.

Winnie Re: Son needs sports physical> > Vaccinations > > > > >> Winne,> > > > > > If need be, remind whoever that you are there for a sports > > > physical not to discuss their idea of the benefit of > > > vaccinations as that is not up for discussion.> > > > > > Jackie Noel> > > www.sagacioousairedales.com> > > www.sagaciousdogcountry.com> > > > > > > > > >> > > > My 17 year old has just decided to sign up for a spring > > sport. > > > This > . > > > . > >