RemedySpot.com

Re: tick bite/sore throat/rash... need advice... again!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That's a hell of a lot to be coincidental, and how can those docsblow you off after asking to see flu like symptoms? Every doc worth their salt knows "flu like symptoms" are a setof very generic, vague symptoms that can apply to hundredsof illnesses. What is important here is the

timing. Red sore throat, vomiting/nausea, those are enough symtoms.Swollen nodes? More than one rash?What are they waiting for?! Lyme is a highly controversial topic. The types of ticks that most sites tell you do transmit lyme may not exactly be true ( there may be more than most will admit), as well as how long it takes to transmit. One thing all will say, regardless of what

side of the fence they are on, is that lyme is a clinical diagnosis. You seem to have plenty to go by at this point. I know this is a highly natural group but I think there are exceptions to every rule. Lyme itself is immunosupressive so I think this is one instance where you'd be doing the right thing getting him on some abx ASAP.If your doc is slow in figuring this out, take him elsewhere. OQueens NY USA From: jgq2010 <ericandjamie@...> Vaccinations

Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 10:26 AM Subject: tick bite/sore throat/rash... need advice... again!

Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my son and the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I appreciate. Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was removed (last thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the back of his neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to a new office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that could be a common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. She said to contact her if there were more flu like symptoms. I really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on long enough to transmit anything and AL is not very likely to have Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore throat ( I think his first ever and he is 7 1/2).

My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving the Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on call and he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral infection and not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the rash. From what I have read on line this is not true but we decided to wait and see how it went. My poor son was in tears all weekend and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so upset)due to the pain.

Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands looked red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are different than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what they usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and under his arm pits and near his waistband on his underwear. His soft palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard to see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to the walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc office any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what any of you thought. Also, if your kids had strep do you give antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this with my kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not in the last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted to see what other options were out there to compare to what they will tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking out with another prescription since

that is the norm. Also, do you think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or some other tick disease or just purely coincidental?

Thanks,

Guest guest

I agree that the swollen lymph node could be from just the bite, and not necessarily Lyme (especially in AL, although I also wouldn't expect doctors to be that knowledgeable in AL--certainly not all are in CT).

But you are correct, it is not true that you would necessarily have the rash. And there isn't just "the" rash (bull's eye). You can have different rashes with LD. However, the rash is in closed spaces, which sounds more like heat rash.

I'd rule out strep first because stomach aches/vomiting is known to happen with strep. If you are still nervous about it being Lyme, you can always give the antibiotics. But get blood drawn before going on them so you can test if for Lyme with the tests told you about. How many days of antibiotics did they give you?

Winnie

tick bite/sore throat/rash... need advice... again!Vaccinations > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my son and > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I appreciate. > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was removed (last > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the back of his > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to a new > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse > practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that could be a > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. She > said to contact her if there were more flu like symptoms. I > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on long > enough to transmit anything and AL is not very likely to have > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore throat ( I > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2). > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving the > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on call and > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral infection and > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the rash. > From what I have read on line this is not true but we decided to > wait and see how it went. My poor son was in tears all weekend > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so upset)due > to the pain.> Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands looked > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are different > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what they > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and under > his arm pits and near his waistband on his underwear. His soft > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard to > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to the > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc office > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what any of > you thought. Also, if your kids had strep do you give > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this with my > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not in the > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted to see > what other options were out there to compare to what they will > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking out > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, do you > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or some other > tick disease or just purely coincidental? > Thanks, > >

Guest guest

Hi, they had initially given me 7 days worth of antibiotics that we filled but didn't use. He tested positive for strep and said it was the scarlet fever rash that he has. He gave me a prescription for extra pills to make it 10 days worth of antibiotics. Crazy how he has never had a sore throat for more than probably half a day and then he gets this and the headaches and the rash right after the stupid tick which started to make us wonder! The rash has spread all over most of his body now... More concentrated in some areas than others and the bottom of his feet and his palms are red. Guess these things happen... Crazy coincidence!On Apr 16, 2012, at 4:52 PM, wharrison@... wrote:

I agree that the swollen lymph node could be from just the bite, and not necessarily Lyme (especially in AL, although I also wouldn't expect doctors to be that knowledgeable in AL--certainly not all are in CT).

But you are correct, it is not true that you would necessarily have the rash. And there isn't just "the" rash (bull's eye). You can have different rashes with LD. However, the rash is in closed spaces, which sounds more like heat rash.

I'd rule out strep first because stomach aches/vomiting is known to happen with strep. If you are still nervous about it being Lyme, you can always give the antibiotics. But get blood drawn before going on them so you can test if for Lyme with the tests told you about. How many days of antibiotics did they give you?

Winnie

tick bite/sore throat/rash... need advice... again!Vaccinations > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my son and > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I appreciate. > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was removed (last > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the back of his > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to a new > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse > practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that could be a > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. She > said to contact her if there were more flu like symptoms. I > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on long > enough to transmit anything and AL is not v

ery likely to have > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore throat ( I > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2). > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving the > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on call and > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral infection and > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the rash. > From what I have read on line this is not true but we decided to > wait and see how it went. My poor son was in tears all weekend > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so upset)due > to the pain.> Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands looked > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are different > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what they > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and under > his arm pits and near his wais

tband on his underwear. His soft > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard to > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to the > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc office > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what any of > you thought. Also, if your kids had strep do you give > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this with my > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not in the > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted to see > what other options were out there to compare to what they will > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking out > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, do you > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or some other > tick disease or just purely coincidental? > Thanks, > >

Guest guest

They did the strep test today? So, that makes sense with the sore throat and stomach problems. You do look for flu-like symptoms for Lyme Disease, but not all of them. Usually it's the fever, achiness, lightheadedness. But I suppose it can come out in various ways in different people.

Well, this should take care of both problems, if the tick was infected. Now make sure to give probiotics and be aware that he could be more prone to respiratory infections or allergies from the antibiotics. Try not to jump to giving them again or you will end up on the antibiotic merry-go-round. Be prepared with other natural meds like Larix, quercetin, and homeopathics. Hope all is settled soon!

Winnie tick bite/sore throat/rash... need > advice... again!> > Vaccinations > > > > > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my son > and > > > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I > appreciate. > > > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was removed > (last > > > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the back of > his > > > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to a > new > > > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse > > > practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that could be > a > > > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. She > > > said to contact her if there were more flu like symptoms. I > > > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on long > > > enough to transmit anything and AL is not v ery likely to > have > > > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore throat ( > I > > > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2). > > > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving the > > > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on call > and > > > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral infection > and > > > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the rash. > > > From what I have read on line this is not true but we > decided to > > > wait and see how it went. My poor son was in tears all > weekend > > > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so > upset)due > > > to the pain.> > > Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands > looked > > > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are > different > > > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what > they > > > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and > under > > > his arm pits and near his wais tband on his underwear. His > soft > > > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard to > > > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to the > > > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc > office > > > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what any > of > > > you thought. Also, if your kids had strep do you give > > > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this with > my > > > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not in > the > > > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted to > see > > > what other options were out there to compare to what they > will > > > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking out > > > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, do > you > > > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or some > other > > > tick disease or just purely coincidental? > > > Thanks, > > > > > >> > >

Guest guest

Oh geez! OQueens NY USA From: <ericandjamie@...> "Vaccinations " <Vaccinations > Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 10:29 PM Subject: Re: tick bite/sore throat/rash... need advice... again!

Hi, they had initially given me 7 days worth of antibiotics that we filled but didn't use. He tested positive for strep and said it was the scarlet fever rash that he has. He gave me a prescription for extra pills to make it 10 days worth of antibiotics. Crazy how he has never had a sore throat for more than probably half a day and then he gets this and the headaches and the rash right after the stupid tick which started to make us wonder! The rash has spread all over most of his body now... More concentrated in some areas than others and the bottom of his feet and his palms are red. Guess these things happen... Crazy coincidence!On Apr 16, 2012, at 4:52 PM, wharrison@... wrote:

Winnie

tick bite/sore throat/rash... need advice... again!Vaccinations > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my son and > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I appreciate. > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was removed (last > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the back of his > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to a new > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse > practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that could be a > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. She > said to contact her if there were more flu like

symptoms. I > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on long > enough to transmit anything and AL is not v

ery likely to have > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore throat ( I > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2). > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving the > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on call and > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral infection and > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the rash. > From what I have read on line this is not true but we decided to > wait and see how it went. My poor son was in tears all weekend > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so upset)due > to the pain.> Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands looked > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are different > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what they > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and under > his arm

pits and near his wais

tband on his underwear. His soft > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard to > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to the > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc office > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what any of > you thought. Also, if your kids had strep do you give > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this with my > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not in the > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted to see > what other options were out there to compare to what they will > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking out > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, do you > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or some other > tick disease or just purely coincidental? > Thanks, >

>

Guest guest

Hi,They did the strep test yesterday a.m. How do u alternate the probiotics with the antibiotics? Just give the probiotics in between? I read how they will basically be killed by the antibiotics if taken at the same time. I also was reading to give a natural anti fungal like olive leaf and garlic and one other that I can't remember off hand. Can anyone tell me if they have experience with those? I am going to look up the others you mentioned for future reference ( thanks). I gave this same son, hyland's teething homeopathics as a baby and he broke out in welts all over his body... I didn't know what was in that product that he was allergic to. I have always been a bit leary from then on. I remember the Ped telling me how bad homeopathics were, that they could be "laced" with anything bad. I didn't know much at the time, but now I think how crazy because all the medicines they hand out have risky side effects as well! Thanks, On Apr 16, 2012, at 11:13 PM, wharrison@... wrote:

They did the strep test today? So, that makes sense with the sore throat and stomach problems. You do look for flu-like symptoms for Lyme Disease, but not all of them. Usually it's the fever, achiness, lightheadedness. But I suppose it can come out in various ways in different people.

Well, this should take care of both problems, if the tick was infected. Now make sure to give probiotics and be aware that he could be more prone to respiratory infections or allergies from the antibiotics. Try not to jump to giving them again or you will end up on the antibiotic merry-go-round. Be prepared with other natural meds like Larix, quercetin, and homeopathics. Hope all is settled soon!

Winnie tick bite/sore throat/rash... need > advice... again!> > Vaccinations > > > > > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my son > and > > > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I > appreciate. > > > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was removed > (last > > > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the back of > his > > > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to a > new > > > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse > > > practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that coul

d be > a > > > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. She > > > said to contact her if there were more flu like symptoms. I > > > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on long > > > enough to transmit anything and AL is not v ery likely to > have > > > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore throat ( > I > > > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2). > > > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving the > > > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on call > and > > > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral infection > and > > > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the rash. > > > From what I have read on line this is not true but we > decided to > > > wait and see how it went. My poor son was i

n tears all > weekend > > > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so > upset)due > > > to the pain.> > > Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands > looked > > > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are > different > > > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what > they > > > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and > under > > > his arm pits and near his wais tband on his underwear. His > soft > > > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard to > > > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to the > > > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc > office > > > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what any > of > > > you thought. Also, if you

r kids had strep do you give > > > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this with > my > > > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not in > the > > > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted to > see > > > what other options were out there to compare to what they > will > > > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking out > > > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, do > you > > > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or some > other > > > tick disease or just purely coincidental? > > > Thanks, > > > > > >> > >

Guest guest

if it is strep do NOT have to take antibiotics - but you have to make

that choice

there are homeopathic remedies that treat the whole symptom picture and

help body to cure.

Homeopathic remedies are perfectly safe and regulated also.

Sheri

At 02:31 PM 4/17/2012, you wrote:

Hi,

They did the strep test yesterday a.m. How do u alternate the

probiotics with the antibiotics? Just give the probiotics in between? I

read how they will basically be killed by the antibiotics if taken at the

same time. I also was reading to give a natural anti fungal like

olive leaf and garlic and one other that I can't remember off hand.

Can anyone tell me if they have experience with those? I am

going to look up the others you mentioned for future reference (

thanks). I gave this same son, hyland's teething homeopathics as a

baby and he broke out in welts all over his body... I didn't know what

was in that product that he was allergic to. I have always been a bit

leary from then on. I remember the Ped telling me how bad

homeopathics were, that they could be " laced " with anything

bad. I didn't know much at the time, but now I think how

crazy because all the medicines they hand out have risky side effects as

well!

Thanks,

On Apr 16, 2012, at 11:13 PM,

wharrison@...

wrote:

They did the strep test today? So, that makes sense with the sore throat

and stomach problems. You do look for flu-like symptoms for Lyme Disease,

but not all of them. Usually it's the fever, achiness, lightheadedness.

But I suppose it can come out in various ways in different people.

Well, this should take care of both problems, if the tick was infected.

Now make sure to give probiotics and be aware that he could be more prone

to respiratory infections or allergies from the antibiotics. Try not to

jump to giving them again or you will end up on the antibiotic

merry-go-round. Be prepared with other natural meds like Larix,

quercetin, and homeopathics. Hope all is settled soon!

Winnie

tick bite/sore throat/rash... need

> advice... again!

> > To:

Vaccinations

> >

> > > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my

son

> and

> > > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I

> appreciate.

> > > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was removed

> (last

> > > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the back

of

> his

> > > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to a

> new

> > > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse

> > > practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that coul d

be

> a

> > > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme.

She

> > > said to contact her if there were more flu like symptoms.

I

> > > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on

long

> > > enough to transmit anything and AL is not v ery likely to

> have

> > > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore throat

(

> I

> > > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2).

> > > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving

the

> > > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on call

> and

> > > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral infection

> and

> > > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the

rash.

> > > From what I have read on line this is not true but we

> decided to

> > > wait and see how it went. My poor son was i n tears all

> weekend

> > > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so

> upset)due

> > > to the pain.

> > > Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands

> looked

> > > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are

> different

> > > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what

> they

> > > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and

> under

> > > his arm pits and near his wais tband on his underwear. His

> soft

> > > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard

to

> > > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to the

> > > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc

> office

> > > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what any

> of

> > > you thought. Also, if you r kids had strep do you give

> > > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this

with

> my

> > > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not

in

> the

> > > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted to

> see

> > > what other options were out there to compare to what they

> will

> > > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking

out

> > > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, do

> you

> > > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or some

> other

> > > tick disease or just purely coincidental?

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

The ped doesn't know anything about homeopathy, clearly. Mine continues to think it's herbal and warns me against Belladonna. I don't know why he broke out in welts after the teething tablets. Coincidental, perhaps? Maybe he had something else besides teething going on. Combo remedies aren't the best way to give homeopathics anyway. Try single ones next time.

On the probiotics, some people give them alternately with the antibiotics. Some wait until the antibiotics are done.

Olive leaf and garlic is probably good, although he doesn't have a fungus so I wouldn't give it for that reason. Maybe don't give too many things at once. Hope he's better!

Winnie tick bite/sore throat/rash... need > > > advice... again!> > > > Vaccinations > > > > > > > > > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my > son > > > and > > > > > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I > > > appreciate. > > > > > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was > removed > > > (last > > > > > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the > back of > > > his > > > > > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to > a > > > new > > > > > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse > > > > > practitioner said that it was a lymph node but that coul > d be > > > a > > > > > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. > She > > > > > said to contact her if there were more flu like > symptoms. I > > > > > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on > long > > > > > enough to transmit anything and AL is not v ery likely > to > > > have > > > > > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore > throat ( > > > I > > > > > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2). > > > > > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving > the > > > > > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on > call > > > and > > > > > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral > infection > > > and > > > > > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the > rash. > > > > > From what I have read on line this is not true but we > > > decided to > > > > > wait and see how it went. My poor son was i n tears all > > > weekend > > > > > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so > > > upset)due > > > > > to the pain.> > > > > Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands > > > looked > > > > > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are > > > different > > > > > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what > > > they > > > > > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and > > > under > > > > > his arm pits and near his wais tband on his underwear. > His > > > soft > > > > > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard > to > > > > > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to > the > > > > > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc > > > office > > > > > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what > any > > > of > > > > > you thought. Also, if you r kids had strep do you give > > > > > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this > with > > > my > > > > > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not > in > > > the > > > > > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted > to > > > see > > > > > what other options were out there to compare to what > they > > > will > > > > > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking > out > > > > > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, > do > > > you > > > > > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or > some > > > other > > > > > tick disease or just purely coincidental? > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > >

Guest guest

Hi Winnie,What I was reading was that as the antibiotics kill off the good bacteria that fungus growth begins to take place. This guy was saying it is good to take the anti fungal to support the immune system from overgrowth of the bad stuff. I need to read more. I have been giving him two probiotics in between and will do the same when it ends.He is so much better... Little bumps are barely there anymore and sore throat is long gone!Thanks, On Apr 19, 2012, at 12:10 AM, wharrison@... wrote:

The ped doesn't know anything about homeopathy, clearly. Mine continues to think it's herbal and warns me against Belladonna. I don't know why he broke out in welts after the teething tablets. Coincidental, perhaps? Maybe he had something else besides teething going on. Combo remedies aren't the best way to give homeopathics anyway. Try single ones next time.

On the probiotics, some people give them alternately with the antibiotics. Some wait until the antibiotics are done.

Olive leaf and garlic is probably good, although he doesn't have a fungus so I wouldn't give it for that reason. Maybe don't give too many things at once. Hope he's better!

Winnie tick bite/sore throat/rash... need > > > advice... again!> > > > Vaccinations > > > > > > > > > Hi, I posted on here a week and a half ago regarding my > son > > > and > > > > > the tick bite. So many of you responded.. which I > > > appreciate. > > > > > Well, exactly a week and a day after the tick was > removed > > > (last > > > > > thursday) there was a very swollen lymph node on the > back of > > > his > > > > > neck almost directly below the bite. I brought my son to > a > > > new > > > > > office on Friday (don't have a doctor yet) and the nurse > > > > > practit

ioner said that it was a lymph node but that coul > d be > > > a > > > > > common reaction to the bite and not indicative of Lyme. > She > > > > > said to contact her if there were more flu like > symptoms. I > > > > > really felt sure at this point that the tick was not on > long > > > > > enough to transmit anything and AL is not v ery likely > to > > > have > > > > > Lyme. So Saturday my son woke with a horrible sore > throat ( > > > I > > > > > think his first ever and he is 7 1/2). > > > > > My husband and I were than revisiting the idea of giving > the > > > > > Amoxicillan. I called that office and got the doc on > call > > > and > > > > > he said it is probably just a bacterial or viral & g

t; infection > > > and > > > > > not at all symptomatic of Lyme, plus he would have the > rash. > > > > > From what I have read on line this is not true but we > > > decided to > > > > > wait and see how it went. My poor son was i n tears all > > > weekend > > > > > and even vomited once ( I think he just got himself so > > > upset)due > > > > > to the pain.> > > > > Today he woke up and he thought the palms of his hands > > > looked > > > > > red ( I am still back and forth about whether they are > > > different > > > > > than normal.. they do look pretty pink but not sure what > > > they > > > > > usually look like). Now he has a rash near his groin and > > > under > > > > > hi

s arm pits and near his wais tband on his underwear. > His > > > soft > > > > > palate and Uvula are bright red (I guess throat too-hard > to > > > > > see). So maybe this is strep? So, I am going to go to > the > > > > > walk in clinic since I don't know that I liked the doc > > > office > > > > > any better than the walk in. I just wanted to see what > any > > > of > > > > > you thought. Also, if you r kids had strep do you give > > > > > antibiotics or something more natural. I am new to this > with > > > my > > > > > kids. I have personally had tons of time growing up (not > in > > > the > > > > > last 10 years or so) and done the meds but just wanted > to > > > see > > > > > wh

at other options were out there to compare to what > they > > > will > > > > > tell me in a little bit. I am certain we will be walking > out > > > > > with another prescription since that is the norm. Also, > do > > > you > > > > > think this could be the flu like symptoms of lyme or > some > > > other > > > > > tick disease or just purely coincidental? > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > >

Guest guest

Okay, that makes sense. Glad to hear he's getting better!

Winnie Re: tick bite/sore throat/rash... need advice... again!"Vaccinations " > Hi Winnie,> What I was reading was that as the antibiotics kill off the > good bacteria that fungus growth begins to take place. This guy > was saying it is good to take the anti fungal to support the > immune system from overgrowth of the bad stuff. I need to read > more. I have been giving him two probiotics in between and will > do the same when it ends.> He is so much better... Little bumps are barely there anymore > and sore throat is long gone!> Thanks,