RemedySpot.com

Re: CA vax exemptions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Right now, all a CA parent has to do is check off the exemption on the lower right hand corner and sign it. Yes, there is AB1209 which is the AAP and CMA's attempt to require parents to visit a doctor and get lectured, but so far that has not happened. Welcome to the Golden State! ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: abfabarlynn <abfabinc@...> Vaccinations Sent:

Friday, April 27, 2012 9:09 PM Subject: CA vax exemptions

Can anyone offer any info on vax exemptions in CA for public homeschool charters? Do I remember the exemptions are being challenged? We had a religious exemption in NY. Checking the group wisdom before I make any decisions. My wariness has me wanting to just avoid it altogether. My pocketbook is nudging me to at least check it out b/c they offer $1600 per student stipend for books and classes per homeschool year if I sign up for the charter. Not sure I want to put our family in the spotlight though, new state, new laws, new ways of doing things. I wish I could just go back home as NY is so easy to deal with! But hubby has a new job here in CA and he loves it here. I'm not all that sure just yet although it has it's charms certainly, as any place has. - Arlynn

Guest guest

I am in CA and use a charter. I just sign the waiver (for the vax, medical exam, and dental exam) and move on. It has never been questioned as of yet. I know there is talk about having to get a signature from a doc, but that is not a law yet (I don't think).

Feel free to email me privately if you want more info.

Margaret

risingstarlearning at comcast dot net

CA vax exemptions

Can anyone offer any info on vax exemptions in CA for public homeschool charters? Do I remember the exemptions are being challenged? We had a religious exemption in NY. Checking the group wisdom before I make any decisions. My wariness has me wanting to just avoid it altogether. My pocketbook is nudging me to at least check it out b/c they offer $1600 per student stipend for books and classes per homeschool year if I sign up for the charter. Not sure I want to put our family in the spotlight though, new state, new laws, new ways of doing things. I wish I could just go back home as NY is so easy to deal with! But hubby has a new job here in CA and he loves it here. I'm not all that sure just yet although it has it's charms certainly, as any place has. - Arlynn