RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We are going to be getting a dog, and it will have to have the rabies shot in

order for us to have it....since we will be living in city limits. We are still

rural, but the small town we live in said that's it, nothing else, so like I

told hubby Thats it....since we are disagreeing. He's worried about the dog

getting heart worm. We've seen it happen to a dog his folks had. So he said I

need to research how to holistical treat/prevent that.

Carlena

Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

I don't vaccinate at all. I have an almost 5 year old Border Collie and a 6

year old Thoroughbred horse that have never received vaccines and they are by

far the healthiest of all the animals I have owned. Remember proof is just a

piece of paper. Check out the Truthaboutvaccines group on , it's geared

towards pets.

Therese Vista Hoover

Winchester, VA

>

> Hi there. I did a quick search on here to see if this topic has been covered

and I couldn't find it so I'm sorry if its been discussed before.

>

> I don't vaccinate my son and now I'm wondering about why I need to go to the

vet to vaccinate my dog. I've already decided that I wouldn't get all the extra

shots but what about rabies? Its illegal not to vaccinate your animals against

rabies and I don't want to break the law but I also don't want to inject toxins

into him either. Does anyone have any links or information on rabies vaccines?

What do you do? Does the vaccine

Guest guest

The dogs i city limits here have to be licensed, to be licensed you need the

rabies vaccine.....

Carlena

RE: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

We live in the city and I don't vax my pets anymore either. my kitty is 6

and never had 1 shot at all. she's indoor/outdoor and very healty.

I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. A good raw

diet and a healthy immune system will fight off HW. Allopathic HWP is not

really preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has HW..and why

go down that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you don't have??

Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store!

A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com

I have to walk early in the morning,

before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

Guest guest

Heart worm. They get it thru mosquitoes

RE: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

We live in the city and I dont vax my pets anymore either. my kitty is 6 and

never had 1 shot at all. shes indoor/outdoor and very healty.

I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. A good raw diet

and a healthy immune system will fight off HW.  Allopathic HWP is not really

preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has HW..and why go down

that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you dont have??

Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store!

A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com

I have to walk early in the morning,

before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

Guest guest

Feed raw food.

On May 9, 2012, at 7:29 AM, carlena <summershart@...> wrote:

.. He's worried about the dog getting heart worm. We've seen it happen to a dog

his folks had. So he said I need to research how to holistical treat/prevent

that.

Guest guest

I only get large, rescued dogs. They come to me full of vaccines. I have to agree on paper to maintain their vaccines and in my jurisdiction, I have to give the rabies vax every three years. My last large rescued GSD was put down at age 13 due to canine degenerative demylenation which I truly believe to be from a lifetime of vaccines. I had him seven years. Canine degenerative demylenation is multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disease. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: vistaborders <VistaBorders@...> Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:56 AM Subject: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

I don't vaccinate at all. I have an almost 5 year old Border Collie and a 6 year old Thoroughbred horse that have never received vaccines and they are by far the healthiest of all the animals I have owned. Remember proof is just a piece of paper. Check out the Truthaboutvaccines group on , it's geared towards pets.

Therese Vista Hoover

Winchester, VA

>

> Hi there. I did a quick search on here to see if this topic has been covered and I couldn't find it so I'm sorry if its been discussed before.

>

> I don't vaccinate my son and now I'm wondering about why I need to go to the vet to vaccinate my dog. I've already decided that I wouldn't get all the extra shots but what about rabies? Its illegal not to vaccinate your animals against rabies and I don't want to break the law but I also don't want to inject toxins into him either. Does anyone have any links or information on rabies vaccines? What do you do? Does the vaccine even work? My dog is mainly a suburban dog but he does go up to the mountains with us in the summer so I guess its a possibility he could be bitten by a rabid animal.

>

> I've heard some states require the shot every year and some every three years. Where can I find out what the law is? I live in Idaho.

>

> Please reply I would love to hear what you are all doing.

>

> Regards,

>

> Kelley

>

Guest guest

We live in the city and I don’t vax my pets anymore either. my kitty is 6 and never had 1 shot at all. she’s indoor/outdoor and very healty. I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. A good raw diet and a healthy immune system will fight off HW. Allopathic HWP is not really preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has HW..and why go down that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you don’t have?? Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store! A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com I have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

Guest guest

I dont vaccinate by dogs either, nor do i poison them with HW preventative or flea/tick meds. I do however, feed a RAW diet to my danes.

~Fancy & Mufasa

Athena(7/11/01-5/8/07), Bosco(5/25/00-1/14/09) & Brutus(4/23/01-1/23/10) waiting in Heaven for me

Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League

N.VA Coordinator/ Phone Screen Coordinator

www.magdrl.org www.nova-magdrl.org

Danes are just people trapped in fur coats!

Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

I don't vaccinate at all. I have an almost 5 year old Border Collie and a 6 year old Thoroughbred horse that have never received vaccines and they are by far the healthiest of all the animals I have owned. Remember proof is just a piece of paper. Check out the Truthaboutvaccines group on , it's geared towards pets.

Therese Vista Hoover

Winchester, VA

>

> Hi there. I did a quick search on here to see if this topic has been covered and I couldn't find it so I'm sorry if its been discussed before.

>

> I don't vaccinate my son and now I'm wondering about why I need to go to the vet to vaccinate my dog. I've already decided that I wouldn't get all the extra shots but what about rabies? Its illegal not to vaccinate your animals against rabies and I don't want to break the law but I also don't want to inject toxins into him either. Does anyone have any links or information on rabies vaccines? What do you do? Does the vaccine

Guest guest

What is HW? ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: Venita Garner <nitagarner@...> Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:22 AM Subject: RE: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

We live in the city and I don’t vax my pets anymore either. my kitty is 6 and never had 1 shot at all. she’s indoor/outdoor and very healty. I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. A good raw diet and a healthy immune system will fight off HW. Allopathic HWP is not really preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has HW..and why go down that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you don’t have?? Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store! A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com I have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

Guest guest

HW = Heartworm.

We no longer vaccinate. I just don't license and hope for the best. I can't see poisoning my pet to abide by a law that I know is damaging them on so many levels. No one comes knocking on my door to see if I have licenses in my area. You have to access what you feel your risk is and the consequences and decide what is best for you.

I had my first no vax litter a little over 1 1/2 yrs ago :) I was pleased as punch to find a family for one of the pups that also felt vaccines were poison since they are dealing with a mild case of autisium with their youngest child and have discontinued all vaccines. It was a litter of two pups and one is still with me and doing great.

Prior to that I was stuck in fearland.... afraid to quit alltogether and afraid to vaccinate. Our litter prior to that had the puppy shots only because of my ignorance.

It is of no surprise that one of the "pups" (now nearly 5 yrs old) breaks out in hives near her annivsary of her puppy shots :( She rec'd two puppy shots... one in Feb and one in March as a puppy... we had to rush her to an ER vet this year when she was broke out in hives this time around because they were so bad and we were worried her throat was going to swell shut and she would of died. Nothing was working that we were trying at home.

It only takes ONE to cause damage for a lifetime.

We don't give HW "preventative" which isn't preventative at all... most ppl think it keeps the dog safe all month long... not true... it just delivers a dose of poison to the dog to kill off any larve that MIGHT be there before they reach maturity....poison your dogs organs have to work through their system. They come with a whole host of side effects themselves. We used to use it when we were properly poisoning out pets and oddly enough that was the only time we also had a dog come up HW positive (but no surprise).

We also don't use any flea toxins either... just more poison your purposely putting on your pets and also exposing your family to. We have enough toxins our bodies and their bodies have to deal with than to add fuel to the fire.

We also don't feed processed food (aka kibble).... processed food isn't good for us and it isn't good for them either.

Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

What is HW?

Guest guest

That is a problem. We're lucky where I am. No one checks on you.

Winnie RE: Re: So what about your animals? Do > you vaccinate?> > We live in the city and I don't vax my pets anymore either. my > kitty is 6> and never had 1 shot at all. she's indoor/outdoor and very healty.> > > > I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. > A good raw> diet and a healthy immune system will fight off HW. Allopathic > HWP is not> really preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has > HW..and why> go down that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you > don't have??> > > > Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store! > > > > A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: > http://www.nitasbaskets.com> > > I have to walk early in the morning,> before my brain figures out what I'm doing...> > > > > >

Guest guest

We are Afghan Hound breeders from NY. We also no longer vaccinate as well as

feed raw. We were lucky enough recently to find a vet who is respectful of our

desire to not vaccinate. Been a blessing!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Guest guest

I agree. I honestly think my dog's raw diet gives him a vigor at age 5 that I don't see in other dogs his age, ownedby my friends. And most of those guys get ticks in our local park, while my boy never does.Actually there was one time I found a dog tick in him. It had just started to bury, and it was the day after we hit the parkjust after a bath.Maybe it's coincidence but I think the oils being washed from him made him seem more like the other dogs.Mind you, a local park in Queens cannot compare to tick populations carried by the outer rural areas at large.Even so, they seem to find the dogs I know that take

Advantix. OQueens NY USA From: Boyle <InTheUSA@...> "Vaccinations " <Vaccinations > Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:47 AM Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

Feed raw food.

.. He's worried about the dog getting heart worm. We've seen it happen to a dog his folks had. So he said I need to research how to holistical treat/prevent that.

Guest guest

Nope, vaccines don't immunise so why would I? They're still toxic in animals, the manufacturers don't even list ingredients like with human vaccines and animals still become disabled, epileptic and have autism and die from vaccines:http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Animal-Vaccineshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Infant-Vaccines-Produce-Autism-Symptoms-In-Primateshttp://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/A-Parent-s-Guide-for-Pro-Vaccine-Pediatricians - includes bits on autism, delays and lack of suck reflex in vaccinated animals. Also picture of unvaccinated Kate (15 yr old cat playing teddies with my son).http://www.pnas.org/content/82/24/8733.full.pdf - using pertussis vaccine to induce brain swelling in mice and mimic severe vaccine damage

seen in humans.http://www.avma.org/vafstf/default.asp - cancer occuring in cats at vaccination sites, they even call it vaccine associated feline sarcoma.JoannaProud owner of 4 unvaccinated cats.One was from RSPCA and even they wouldn't vaccinate her as she was ill when I adopted her and they said it was dangerous to vaccinate ill cat. From: Osanitch <haffpynt@...> "Vaccinations " <Vaccinations > Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 21:50 Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

I agree. I honestly think my dog's raw diet gives him a vigor at age 5 that I don't see in other dogs his age, ownedby my friends. And most of those guys get ticks in our local park, while my boy never does.Actually there was one time I found a dog tick in him. It had just started to bury, and it was the day after we hit the parkjust after a bath.Maybe it's coincidence but I think the oils being washed from him made him seem more like the other dogs.Mind you, a local park in Queens cannot compare to tick populations carried by the outer rural areas at large.Even so, they seem to find the dogs I know that take

Advantix. OQueens NY USA From: Boyle <InTheUSA@...> "Vaccinations " <Vaccinations > Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:47 AM Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

Feed raw food.

.. He's worried about the dog getting heart worm. We've seen it happen to a dog his folks had. So he said I need to research how to holistical treat/prevent that.

Guest guest

I think it is important to tell pet owners that there is a transition in animals when you put them on raw food. You should know many animals do develop diarrhea because their system is clearing out the crap, quite literally. I have fed my dogs raw and it does help them. I suspect it lengthened the life of my GSD who had MS. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: Osanitch <haffpynt@...> To:

"Vaccinations " <Vaccinations > Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:50 PM Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

I agree. I honestly think my dog's raw diet gives him a vigor at age 5 that I don't see in other dogs his age, ownedby my friends. And most of those guys get ticks in our local park, while my boy never does.Actually there was one time I found a dog tick in him. It had just started to bury, and it was the day after we hit the parkjust after a bath.Maybe it's coincidence but I think the oils being washed from him made him seem more like the other dogs.Mind you, a local park in Queens cannot compare to tick populations carried by the outer rural areas at large.Even so, they seem to find the dogs I know

that take

Feed raw food.

Guest guest

And proof can be merely a piece of paper or a waiver or……Maggie From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of carlenaSent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:13 PMVaccinations Subject: RE: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate? The dogs i city limits here have to be licensed, to be licensed you need the rabies vaccine.....Carlena RE: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?We live in the city and I don't vax my pets anymore either. my kitty is 6and never had 1 shot at all. she's indoor/outdoor and very healty.I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. A good rawdiet and a healthy immune system will fight off HW. Allopathic HWP is notreally preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has HW..and whygo down that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you don't have??Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store! A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.comI have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing...No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2425/4987 - Release Date: 05/09/12

Guest guest

Heart WormMaggie From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of maureen gradvohlSent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:41 PMVaccinations Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate? What is HW? ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: Venita Garner <nitagarner@...>Vaccinations Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:22 AMSubject: RE: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate? We live in the city and I don’t vax my pets anymore either. my kitty is 6 and never had 1 shot at all. she’s indoor/outdoor and very healty. I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. A good raw diet and a healthy immune system will fight off HW. Allopathic HWP is not really preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has HW..and why go down that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you don’t have?? Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store! A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com I have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing... No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2425/4987 - Release Date: 05/09/12

Guest guest

Hey Nita,Where is your holistic vet? You are near Birmingham, right? I am in that area.Thanks, :)On May 9, 2012, at 11:22 AM, "Venita Garner" <nitagarner@...> wrote:

We live in the city and I don’t vax my pets anymore either. my kitty is 6 and never had 1 shot at all. she’s indoor/outdoor and very healty. I know of a holistic vet and yes, you can treat HW holistically. A good raw diet and a healthy immune system will fight off HW. Allopathic HWP is not really preventative. It also treats the dog as if it already has HW..and why go down that road? Why treat for something w/ drugs that you don’t have?? Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 k

ids and an online store! A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com I have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

Guest guest

I tend to agree although I have to consider something that was posted to a raw feeding group once.Ironically it was from Blue Mtn Dog food and it was on canine digestion.Overall the long article supported raw feeding, but it did say that while gut problems can come fromcommercial dog food, there can also be inflammation caused by a sudden change to raw.Sudden need to produce more of the right enzymes + sudden need to lower gut pH,can, may, result in inflammation of certain parts of the gut. They suggested starting out small, gradually. I know there are folks who say "just switch"but I'm not so sure. Or perhaps just start by adding

enzymes, probiotics, perhaps slippery elm between mealsas a gut soother? It IS worth it though. OQueens NY USA From: maureen gradvohl <mrsvoltaire@...> "Vaccinations " <Vaccinations > Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:06 PM Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

I think it is important to tell pet owners that there is a transition in animals when you put them on raw food. You should know many animals do develop diarrhea because their system is clearing out the crap, quite literally. I have fed my dogs raw and it does help them. I suspect it lengthened the life of my GSD who had MS. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Guest guest

My personal feelings on this are, know your dog. Some dogs can handle an abrupt switch and others tend to struggle more, especially if they suffer from some chronic illness. But that's just my opinion!Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Osanitch <haffpynt@...>Sender: Vaccinations Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 05:17:25 -0700 (PDT)Vaccinations <Vaccinations >Reply Vaccinations Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate? I tend to agree although I have to consider something that was posted to a raw feeding group once.Ironically it was from Blue Mtn Dog food and it was on canine digestion.Overall the long article supported raw feeding, but it did say that while gut problems can come fromcommercial dog food, there can also be inflammation caused by a sudden change to raw.Sudden need to produce more of the right enzymes + sudden need to lower gut pH,can, may, result in inflammation of certain parts of the gut. They suggested starting out small, gradually. I know there are folks who say "just switch"but I'm not so sure. Or perhaps just start by addingenzymes, probiotics, perhaps slippery elm between mealsas a gut soother? It IS worth it though. OQueens NY USA From: maureen gradvohl <mrsvoltaire@...> "Vaccinations " <Vaccinations > Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:06 PM Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate? I think it is important to tell pet owners that there is a transition in animals when you put them on raw food. You should know many animals do develop diarrhea because their system is clearing out the crap, quite literally. I have fed my dogs raw and it does help them. I suspect it lengthened the life of my GSD who had MS. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use .

Guest guest

It's a good one . No two dogs are built the same. :) OQueens NY USA From: "paisley_81@..." <paisley_81@...> Vaccinations Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:10 AM Subject: Re: Re: So what about your animals? Do you vaccinate?

My personal feelings on this are, know your dog. Some dogs can handle an abrupt switch and others tend to struggle more, especially if they suffer from some chronic illness. But that's just my opinion!

I tend to agree although I have to consider something that was posted to a raw feeding group once.Ironically it was from Blue Mtn Dog food .. They suggested starting out small, gradually. I know there are folks who say "just switch"but I'm not so sure. Or perhaps just start by adding

enzymes, probiotics, perhaps slippery elm between mealsas a gut soother? It IS worth it though.

Visit Your Group

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use