RemedySpot.com

Re: Ticks / Doctor refusal to see kids/My thoughts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This happened to me 20 years ago after my 3rd home birth. I wanted to take my son in for an initial checkup. Found a highly reputable christian woman doctor that was pro-life, something that was meaningful at the time. She was fine until she realized he was born at home and would not be vaccinated. You would have thought I committed a crime. But when she walked out of her office the her very sweet nurse smiled and told me that her grandchildren were all born at home and unvaxed! She was delighted. In my opinion for what it is worth there are some battles worthy to be fought and others that are not. If that doc does not agree with you and is unwilling to be supportive of a parent's right to decide then what would he be like if there were a serious illness or accident and you

desperately need a supportive doc who will appreciate the role of a mother in the decisions of her children? In these situations I consider myself protected from future unnecessary conflicts.

I did return to this doc one more time when the same child fell and was acting very abnormal. She did not want to treat but told me that he would require a cat scan and other invasive tests. At that point I was referred by a friend to a new young doctor. He was wonderful. He sat on the floor and watched my little one and after about 5 minutes said - I think he just twisted his neck when he fell from his rocking horse. He just needs to relax the muscles. He prescribed ibuprophen (something I would now try to avoid) but still much more practical than cat scans. Within in a day he was fine. Doctor #2 never questioned me about vaccines or any other decision. We only saw him when we felt we needed another opinion. When we came in he always just smiled and said, " It's been a while! How is the family."

Everyone loved him. I wish he lived in my current area.

My point is -- why make a square peg fit in a round hole? Just find someone else even if you have to drive. The peace of mind is more than worth it.

That is my thoughts anyway.

Vicki

From: free.born39 <free.born39@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:00 AMSubject: Ticks / Doctor refusal to see kids

If you have land, guineas can clean up the ticks in your area they say in around 6 months.Regarding the CDC calling unvaccinated parents, that to me sounds similar to the school board mass calling parents telling them they HAVE TO vaccinate their kids or they won't be allowed in school. To me, this is solicitation for the vaccine manufacturers and should fall under the category of illegal, violating law.I too have been turned away by our son's dentist when I refused routine x-rays as being too much. It seems to me that one group of x-rays every 3-4 years is one thing, but every visit is just them trying to make money and exposing children to unnecessary radiation.The same thing happened to me at the Pediatrician. My son wanted to go in for some minor issue. This doctor knew that we did not vaccinate due to previous injuries. We waited in the exam room for over an hour, which is against my policy. Normally, I will never wait

for a doctor that long. Otherwise, what is the point of having an appointment. We finally gave up and left after an hour and a half. But if these doctors are outright refusing to see kids based on vaccines, that is discriminatory and deserves either a lawsuit or complaint to the appropriate agency. I would say the medical licensing board in the state you are living in.