RemedySpot.com

Whooping Cough

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

There are two cases of Whooping Cough in my school that I teach in. My son is two, and I'm looking for ways to protect him. THANKS!

Meghan

From: Sheri Nakken <vaccinedangers@...>Vaccinations Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:37 AMSubject: RE: Hep B Vaccine Damages The Liver It Is Supposed To Protect

oh know what you mean about getting so tired - been posting and posting in my newspaper.Blind blind people.SheriAt 07:05 PM 2/29/2012, you wrote:

I went to the article and shared it via facebook. I get so tired, in this day and age and all the overwhelming, out there in your face evidence that STILL people are ‘I’m glad my kids are protectedâ€..what **it Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and 2 online web stores! for Moms and kids, prenatal to tweens: http://www.kneehigh2agrasshopper.com/ A tiscuit, a tasket, here's a gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com/ I can be reached at info@... or nitagarner@...I have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more comfortable as they get

through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C is supposed to fight the

actual bacteria. We've also been doing some things suggested in Smart Medicine

for A Healthier Child, but only what the kids are willing to take. Laurie

Guest guest

It's going around California. We just got over it a few weeks ago. Took about 2

weeks and a lot of rest. This is what I took and gave to my kids:

Carlsson's Vit.D3 drops

Herbs for Kids Echinacea/Goldenseal according to bottle

Astragalus drops according to bottle (adjusted dosage to go by weight of the

child)

Emergen C Vit.C, 2 packets per day at least, in water or water/juice spritzer

homemade free range chicken organic bone broth sipped throughout day here and

there

Our appetites were completely gone. I didn't push food at all. Just some plain

toast now and then but I would put some raw organic butter and a bit of raw

honey on the toast. The honey is good for the coughing, really good to soothe

the throat. If you use raw Manuka Honey, it'll help with the bacteria too.

That's all we did but there are homeopathic remedies too that have no taste.

Kids usually will take it if it doesn't taste bad. :)

My kids like those Ricola candies that have the herbs in them and so I let them

have a few, just for happiness sake. Not sure if that helps the Pertussis or

not. But they were happy they got candy, LOL.

HTH - Arlynn

Guest guest

I would give homeopathics, which kids will easily take. My son also took a homeopathic cough medicine called Children's Bronchial and Cough Syrup by Boericke and Tafel which he said helped him the most. I also kept him home for extra rest off and on as needed over the first several weeks, at least. Also, lots of steamy showers and a vaporizer at night.

And, of course, diet is important so as not to add to the problem. No dairy.

Winnie Whooping CoughVaccinations > Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more comfortable > as they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C > is supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been doing > some things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, > but only what the kids are willing to take. Laurie > >

Guest guest

I completely forgot that we also used the usual quercetin and Larix that we use for most everything.

Winnie Whooping Cough> Vaccinations > > > Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more > comfortable > > as they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin > C > > is supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been > doing > > some things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, > > but only what the kids are willing to take. Laurie > > > > >

Guest guest

Just be aware that the effects of homeopathics can be negated by some strong-smelling essential oils.

Winnie Whooping Cough> > > > Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more comfortable > as they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C > is supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been doing > some things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, > but only what the kids are willing to take. Laurie > > >

Guest guest

Pertussis = whooping cough = the 100 day cough. Kyolic, garlic drops are good too. Good for you for getting over the disease so well. You have solid immunity for a few years now. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: Arlynn J Liebster <abfabinc@...> Vaccinations Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:51 PM Subject: Re: Whooping Cough

It's going around California. We just got over it a few weeks ago. Took about 2 weeks and a lot of rest. This is what I took and gave to my kids:

Carlsson's Vit.D3 drops

Herbs for Kids Echinacea/Goldenseal according to bottle

Astragalus drops according to bottle (adjusted dosage to go by weight of the child)

Emergen C Vit.C, 2 packets per day at least, in water or water/juice spritzer

homemade free range chicken organic bone broth sipped throughout day here and there

Our appetites were completely gone. I didn't push food at all. Just some plain toast now and then but I would put some raw organic butter and a bit of raw honey on the toast. The honey is good for the coughing, really good to soothe the throat. If you use raw Manuka Honey, it'll help with the bacteria too.

That's all we did but there are homeopathic remedies too that have no taste. Kids usually will take it if it doesn't taste bad. :)

My kids like those Ricola candies that have the herbs in them and so I let them have a few, just for happiness sake. Not sure if that helps the Pertussis or not. But they were happy they got candy, LOL.

HTH - Arlynn

Guest guest

I will say this, my kids, 8yo, have never been vaxed and they got it. I had

shots as a child and got it worse than the kids had it. And my dh, who had the

disease as a child, didn't get it at all although for one day there we thought

he would come down with it but he went to bed early that one night he felt run

down and didn't get it. So there is the mixed bag of results when faced with

Whooping Cough. I would not like to see an infant get this disease myself. So

when we got it, given to us by a friend who went **everywhere** including

birthday parties coughing all over everyone everywhere, but when we got it from

her, we. stayed. home. That is how I do " herd immunity " - by staying home when

we're sick. My kids were totally better in 2 weeks but a bit run down from not

eating and generally needed another week to rebuild their stamina. I had the 3rd

week of still building my immunity though and then was fine. It was good to be

able to leave the house after self-quarantine. <g> - Arlynn

Guest guest

Quarantine is a time honored disease preventative. Read the story of the city of Leicester and the smallpox epidemic of the mid 19th century. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: Arlynn J Liebster <abfabinc@...> Vaccinations Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:47 PM Subject: Re: Re: Whooping

Cough

I will say this, my kids, 8yo, have never been vaxed and they got it. I had shots as a child and got it worse than the kids had it. And my dh, who had the disease as a child, didn't get it at all although for one day there we thought he would come down with it but he went to bed early that one night he felt run down and didn't get it. So there is the mixed bag of results when faced with Whooping Cough. I would not like to see an infant get this disease myself. So when we got it, given to us by a friend who went **everywhere** including birthday parties coughing all over everyone everywhere, but when we got it from her, we. stayed. home. That is how I do "herd immunity" - by staying home when we're sick. My kids were totally better in 2 weeks but a bit run down from not eating and generally needed another week to rebuild their stamina. I had the 3rd week of still building my immunity though and then was fine. It was good to be able to leave the

house after self-quarantine. <g> - Arlynn

Guest guest

Vitamin D3 and homeopathic remedy that fits the individual symptom -

sometimes need the help of a homeopathy

I will post remedy possibilities and administration info.

How old are your children? How long have they had it?

Sheri

At 02:30 AM 4/25/2012, you wrote:

>Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more comfortable as

>they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C is

>supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been doing some

>things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, but only

>what the kids are willing to take. Laurie

>

>

>

>------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

I have four kids - the oldest is 14 and goes to school, the others are

homeschooled/too young for school and are 10, 6 and 3.

I'm doing LOTS of vitamin C, elderberry syrup, coltsfoot compound by Avena

Herbs, and theives or vicks vapor rub at night and oregano oil (North American

Herbs company..the good one) on feet at night. And a cool mist vaporizer at

night.

Only my 6 yr old has it very bad. When she isn't coughing though, she seems

pretty good. The youngest drank from her cup the other day and I wonder if he

is getting it back again. But since I breastfeed him still sometimes and since

he naps sometimes, I think that has helped.

My 10 year old coughs sometimes, but not often. He has been fine so far. My

husband has a cough sometimes, but he's okay too. And same with me. My 14 yr

old daughter coughs just a couple times in the morning or before bed, but not

much else and she seems fine too. I think my daughter brought the cough home

from kids at school a while ago...about 5 weeks ago (I know the time frame

because we got sick ever since we got our puppy as our sleep schedules

drastically changed....I returned the puppy last Saturday as taking care of dear

pup, my three yr old and everyone getting sick was too much. Though it didn't

get very bad for Makana until this past week after we returned the puppy.).

We've been coughing for 4 weeks though...and it is weird as Makana got it bad

first, got better as Kanoa was getting it somewhat bad..then he got better and

she got it again, but this time like I wrote it is very difficult when she

coughs. Although between the coughs she does pretty good and seems quite

okay...the first couple hours after laying down are difficult for her and also

in the morning coughs and breathing are hard too.

I heard that people in Belfast and Lincolnville (two towns north of us) have

whooping cough going around. And my daughter said lots of kids have been

coughing at school for some time now and still are.

We also picked up a prescription for Azithromycin (she's sup to get 6.75 ml by

mouth and it is 200mg/5ml). I haven't given it to her yet as I would like to

see how the vitamin c protocol along with the other things work first. The

pharmacist said not to give any other supplements with it. But the lady at the

register sort of whispered to me that other pharmacists suggest acidolophis

along with antibiotics (and I already know that). It did make me wonder if that

pharmacist truly knows whether or not other supplements would be okay or not.

But we may end up not going the antibiotic route anyway...I will see over the

next day how she does and make a decision from there.

I have a couple of other supplements coming in the mail today...

Oh, and I stopped the homeopathic treatment (was using spongia for a long time,

but then recently had switched to drosera...was also using Chestal homeopathic

syrup....now because of the theives and vicks and taking so many naturopathic

things, I stopped the homeopathic stuff....her cough does get out mucous, but it

is a dry cough with a red face and lots of whooping and trouble breathing...the

spasm of coughing lasts for a bit...she waits...it happens again...she waits and

it happens again. Usually. During the day it happens too, but it seems easier

to deal with...maybe it is less frequent during the day. She may have one night

being up alot and another with good periods of sleep.

Sorry to write so much...I am SO tired and my little guy needs

attention...Laurie

PS. Thank you to everyone who wrote about suggestions! I will be rereading

them again to see if there is something I need to add to what we are doing.

Also - I need to call the doctor and ask if my 14 yr old should stay home from

school since we Know someone in our family has it. But...maybe since we've been

coughing for 4 1/2 - 4 3/4 weeks she wouldn't be contagious? And she was the

one who brought it home? And the other kids are still coughing there?

> >Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more comfortable as

> >they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C is

> >supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been doing some

> >things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, but only

> >what the kids are willing to take. Laurie

> >

> >

> >

> >------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

If you've been coughing for 4 weeks, then it's too late for antibiotics anyway. They aren't effective after the first two weeks. But not to worry because you don't need them anyway now.

I think you're little one isn't getting it back again (because he should be immune once he's had it anyway). He's probably still got it. It last 100 days and may come and go, lessening in severity over time.

FYI, if you are giving homeopathics, I would not give oregano oil or Vicks, too. Those can negate the effects of the homeopathics. We used a similar homeopathic syrup--worked very well. I would maybe try another remedy.

I wouldn't keep my child home, especially if she already had it. Does the doctor know your family has this? I keep them out of it so they don't get all crazy and report you to the state.

Did you ever get it lab-confirmed?

Winnie Re: Whooping CoughVaccinations > > I have four kids - the oldest is 14 and goes to school, the > others are homeschooled/too young for school and are 10, 6 and > 3. > > I'm doing LOTS of vitamin C, elderberry syrup, coltsfoot > compound by Avena Herbs, and theives or vicks vapor rub at night > and oregano oil (North American Herbs company..the good one) on > feet at night. And a cool mist vaporizer at night. > > Only my 6 yr old has it very bad. When she isn't coughing > though, she seems pretty good. The youngest drank from her cup > the other day and I wonder if he is getting it back again. But > since I breastfeed him still sometimes and since he naps > sometimes, I think that has helped. > > My 10 year old coughs sometimes, but not often. He has been > fine so far. My husband has a cough sometimes, but he's okay > too. And same with me. My 14 yr old daughter coughs just a > couple times in the morning or before bed, but not much else and > she seems fine too. I think my daughter brought the cough home > from kids at school a while ago...about 5 weeks ago (I know the > time frame because we got sick ever since we got our puppy as > our sleep schedules drastically changed....I returned the puppy > last Saturday as taking care of dear pup, my three yr old and > everyone getting sick was too much. Though it didn't get very > bad for Makana until this past week after we returned the > puppy.). We've been coughing for 4 weeks though...and it is > weird as Makana got it bad first, got better as Kanoa was > getting it somewhat bad..then he got better and she got it > again, but this time like I wrote it is very difficult when she > coughs. Although between the coughs she does pretty good and > seems quite okay...the first couple hours after laying down are > difficult for her and also in the morning coughs and breathing > are hard too. > > I heard that people in Belfast and Lincolnville (two towns north > of us) have whooping cough going around. And my daughter said > lots of kids have been coughing at school for some time now and > still are. > > We also picked up a prescription for Azithromycin (she's sup to > get 6.75 ml by mouth and it is 200mg/5ml). I haven't given it > to her yet as I would like to see how the vitamin c protocol > along with the other things work first. The pharmacist said not > to give any other supplements with it. But the lady at the > register sort of whispered to me that other pharmacists suggest > acidolophis along with antibiotics (and I already know that). > It did make me wonder if that pharmacist truly knows whether or > not other supplements would be okay or not. But we may end up > not going the antibiotic route anyway...I will see over the next > day how she does and make a decision from there. > > I have a couple of other supplements coming in the mail today...> > Oh, and I stopped the homeopathic treatment (was using spongia > for a long time, but then recently had switched to drosera...was > also using Chestal homeopathic syrup....now because of the > theives and vicks and taking so many naturopathic things, I > stopped the homeopathic stuff....her cough does get out mucous, > but it is a dry cough with a red face and lots of whooping and > trouble breathing...the spasm of coughing lasts for a bit...she > waits...it happens again...she waits and it happens again. > Usually. During the day it happens too, but it seems easier to > deal with...maybe it is less frequent during the day. She may > have one night being up alot and another with good periods of > sleep. > > Sorry to write so much...I am SO tired and my little guy needs > attention...Laurie> PS. Thank you to everyone who wrote about suggestions! I will > be rereading them again to see if there is something I need to > add to what we are doing. > > Also - I need to call the doctor and ask if my 14 yr old should > stay home from school since we Know someone in our family has > it. But...maybe since we've been coughing for 4 1/2 - 4 3/4 > weeks she wouldn't be contagious? And she was the one who > brought it home? And the other kids are still coughing there? > > > > >Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more > comfortable as > > >they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C > is > > >supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been doing > some > > >things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, but > only > > >what the kids are willing to take. Laurie> > >> > >> > >> > >------------------------------------> > >> > >

Guest guest

Only our six year old was confirmed with it. The doctor's office told me to

watch the others for signs and symptoms. I rarely even go to the doctors office

and have been in twice with Makana (6 yr old) and once with Kanoa (3 yr old)

over the past four weeks - so they should have suspected the rest of the kids

have had it too. The nurse practitioner who told us her test was positive was

very concerned that I would try alternative things first and impressed upon me

the urgency to use the antibiotic. I told her I'd fill the prescription to have

on hand if I felt we'd go that route and asked her if it would be useful for

prevention of secondary infections like pneumonia. She said it would be.

I don't know if they will report the case to the state - don't most dr's offices

do that? And if they do, what should I expect to happen?

Since we've been coughing, we've been inside or in our own yard except for my 14

yr old who goes to school and my husband goes to work. Since it has been so

long with the cough though, I would think that we are no longer contagious..but

I will continue to hunker down just in case for another couple of weeks. Since

Makana has it this bad still, could she still be contagious??

I think I'll try the drosera again. Thanks for the notes on

homeopathy...gosh...so hard to figure out which is best!

I am wondering if it is okay to let my 14 yr old daughter go to school. I don't

want to pass this on and though she hasn't been tested, she lives with us. But

we may no longer contagious. And many kids in school are coughing and probably

have it since I know many people who have had " that cough " nearby and even many

towns away. I want to be a responsible person and parent. So...how do I handle

this since I know her little sister def has it, but I don't have any lab tests

for my older daughter done and she seems okay. How would I know when she isn't

contagious for sure? Is there any test for that or some signs to look for or

just how long it has been since coughing started? Laurie

> > > >Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more

> > comfortable as

> > > >they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C

> > is

> > > >supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been doing

> > some

> > > >things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, but

> > only

> > > >what the kids are willing to take. Laurie

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >------------------------------------

> > > >

> > > >

Guest guest

At 01:01 PM 4/28/2012, you wrote:

>If you've been coughing for 4 weeks, then it's too late for

>antibiotics anyway. They aren't effective after the first two weeks.

>But not to worry because you don't need them anyway now.

and there is NO proof that they ever are effective for the person

with whooping cough for to protect others around those.

>

>I think you're little one isn't getting it back again (because he

>should be immune once he's had it anyway). He's probably still got

>it. It last 100 days and may come and go, lessening in severity over time.

>

>FYI, if you are giving homeopathics, I would not give oregano oil or

>Vicks, too. Those can negate the effects of the homeopathics. We

>used a similar homeopathic syrup--worked very well. I would maybe

>try another remedy.

And VICKs is a petroleum product.

>

Sheri

Guest guest

Okay, so you know for sure that it is pertussis. But I don't think you need to quarantine your family, especially the family members that don't have it or are already over it. It goes on for 3 months. It's not realistic to stay home for that long. Plus, it's out there, as you pointed out. People will get it or not depending on their immune systems, not because of what other people do. You can check the CDC website or google other sites to get details on how long it's contagious.

I sent my son to school when he had it. Not at the beginning, of course, but I really didn't keep him home more than a few days here and there when I thought he needed to catch up on rest or if I didn't like the sound of his cough. I never had it lab-confirmed because I just don't want the doctor in my business, but I have no doubt what it was after four kids and many coughs! I don't know how far the doctor or the state would go, especially since we don't vaccinate, so I just don't involve them. I definitely wouldn't have given antibiotics because I don't think they're necessary for pertussis, and the son involved already had a history of antibiotic-related problems.

I would just worry about my family and let others worry about theirs. It's not selfish. It's just realistic. You can't control the universe. Germs will always be out there.

Winnie

Re: Whooping CoughVaccinations > Only our six year old was confirmed with it. The doctor's > office told me to watch the others for signs and symptoms. I > rarely even go to the doctors office and have been in twice with > Makana (6 yr old) and once with Kanoa (3 yr old) over the past > four weeks - so they should have suspected the rest of the kids > have had it too. The nurse practitioner who told us her test > was positive was very concerned that I would try alternative > things first and impressed upon me the urgency to use the > antibiotic. I told her I'd fill the prescription to have on > hand if I felt we'd go that route and asked her if it would be > useful for prevention of secondary infections like pneumonia. > She said it would be. > > I don't know if they will report the case to the state - don't > most dr's offices do that? And if they do, what should I expect > to happen? > > Since we've been coughing, we've been inside or in our own yard > except for my 14 yr old who goes to school and my husband goes > to work. Since it has been so long with the cough though, I > would think that we are no longer contagious..but I will > continue to hunker down just in case for another couple of > weeks. Since Makana has it this bad still, could she still be > contagious?? > > I think I'll try the drosera again. Thanks for the notes on > homeopathy...gosh...so hard to figure out which is best!> > I am wondering if it is okay to let my 14 yr old daughter go to > school. I don't want to pass this on and though she hasn't been > tested, she lives with us. But we may no longer contagious. > And many kids in school are coughing and probably have it since > I know many people who have had "that cough" nearby and even > many towns away. I want to be a responsible person and parent. > So...how do I handle this since I know her little sister def has > it, but I don't have any lab tests for my older daughter done > and she seems okay. How would I know when she isn't contagious > for sure? Is there any test for that or some signs to look for > or just how long it has been since coughing started? Laurie> > > > > > >Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more > > > comfortable as > > > > >they get through the coughing from whooping cough? > Vitamin C > > > is > > > > >supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been > doing > > > some > > > > >things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, > but > > > only > > > > >what the kids are willing to take. Laurie> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >------------------------------------> > > > >> > > > >

Guest guest

I used to give my son OregaResp by North American Herb & Spice capsules by mouth

(do not use substitutes) for my son's asthma and it was very effective at

breaking up mucous until he seemed to develop an allergy to it. Then I switched

to Serrapeptase -- an enzyme that thins and breaks up mucous -- and it worked

very effectively for my son's asthma. It has to be taken away from foods.

Since mucous is an issue with whooping cough, I think it might help.

You can purchase at Good Health Naturally -- (you can startpage this - not

google -- look for the US office) or from the Power Mall at the Power Hour --

www.thepowermall.com.

By the way, I'm fairly convinced that vaccines cause asthma (probably the

pertussis vaccine) and it was after administering two homeopathic remedies

(bryonia & gelsenium) the last time my son had the flu that his asthma has not

reappeared since - my son is 16, I gave him these remedies when he was probably

12 or 13 -- and he was diagnosed with asthma at 4.

> > > > >Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more

> > > comfortable as

> > > > >they get through the coughing from whooping cough? Vitamin C

> > > is

> > > > >supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been doing

> > > some

> > > > >things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier Child, but

> > > only

> > > > >what the kids are willing to take. Laurie

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >------------------------------------

> > > > >

> > > > >

Guest guest

So, you were treating him for the flu and it took care of the asthma? That's great to hear!

Winnie Re: Whooping CoughVaccinations > I used to give my son OregaResp by North American Herb & Spice > capsules by mouth (do not use substitutes) for my son's asthma > and it was very effective at breaking up mucous until he seemed > to develop an allergy to it. Then I switched to Serrapeptase -- > an enzyme that thins and breaks up mucous -- and it worked very > effectively for my son's asthma. It has to be taken away from > foods. > > Since mucous is an issue with whooping cough, I think it might > help. > > You can purchase at Good Health Naturally -- (you can startpage > this - not google -- look for the US office) or from the Power > Mall at the Power Hour -- www.thepowermall.com.> > By the way, I'm fairly convinced that vaccines cause asthma > (probably the pertussis vaccine) and it was after administering > two homeopathic remedies (bryonia & gelsenium) the last time my > son had the flu that his asthma has not reappeared since - my > son is 16, I gave him these remedies when he was probably 12 or > 13 -- and he was diagnosed with asthma at 4. > > > > > > > > > > >Has anyone had any success with helping kids be more > > > > comfortable as > > > > > >they get through the coughing from whooping cough? > Vitamin C > > > > is > > > > > >supposed to fight the actual bacteria. We've also been > doing > > > > some > > > > > >things suggested in Smart Medicine for A Healthier > Child, but > > > > only > > > > > >what the kids are willing to take. Laurie> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >------------------------------------> > > > > >> > > > > >

Guest guest

>

I don't know how far the doctor or the state would go, especially since we

don't vaccinate, so I just don't involve them. I definitely wouldn't have given

antibiotics because I don't think they're necessary for pertussis, and the son

involved already had a history of antibiotic-related problems.

Our doctor's office just called this morning while we were sleeping. My husband

answered the phone and when he came in to see if we were still asleep, I woke up

and then everyone else did too. They reported our case to the state and want to

know if we started the antibiotics. He told them I'd call them after we woke.

Any advice before I call...do I need a lawyer now...will they try to take her

away all because we prefer to go with natural ways of treatment. She has had

three nights of improvement now. Not that she's all better by any means, she is

still coughing sometimes, esp upon waking from sleep in the morning, but so so

much less and much easier to cough things up and just much better overall.

They also said the state wanted our older daughter to be taken out of school.

That's another whole thing we'll have to deal with. Maybe she can skype into

her class. Maybe they figure they don't want to take any chances. But if they

test her for it, would they ever be able to figure out if she is contagious or

not, or does the test only tell you if you are positive for whooping cough. I'm

thinking the latter. So is there a way to know for sure if you are contagious

or not...I mean by lab confirmation? I would feel comfortable knowing that if

we have had it for four weeks already, that we'd not be contagious (and that

since Makana has it more intensely, we'd lie low anyway).

The dr also said I told her the boys were beginning to cough as well. I told

Jim (my husband) that I had mentioned to her they were coughing too, but only

sometimes, and that my three yr old did drink out of Makana's cup the other day.

Jim told her that the boys were fine.

A couple of questions:

Makana's tummy is hurting from the coughing and wretching. Not sure what to do

about that. Or if there is anything to do for that.

She also has learned to stop the cough from coming on if she concentrates and

she can do that sometimes. Is that a good thing or is it better to cough when

her body wants to? I feel she will cough if she needs to and try not to cough

if that is more comfortable for her. But I wonder if that is okay or not...is

it bad to not let the cough out. Yet I bet if the cough really needed to come

out, it would regardless. So, maybe I need not fret about that part.

Is it common for the congestion to move from the head to the lungs with whooping

cough or only if a secondary infection sets in? I am asking because I am

" watchful " of secondary infections and I suppose I have a fear of pneumonia.

Maybe I should buy a stethoscope so I can listen to her lungs when I want to

myself (know I'm not a dr, but still it might be helpful to have anyway and

perhaps I can find some info to guide me on what to listen for and how).

Sorry...I am in a more fearful kind of feeling state right now because of

worrying about what the doctors office or state might do or tell us to do. What

will happen if we don't give antibiotics? Don't they realize we have had it for

so long and that we aren't contagious anymore? Don't they realize that we are

all surrounded by whooping cough ...it is not just our family who is coughing.

Makana slept pretty well last night, but I didn't as we napped in early evening

and then stayed up late and even then I just couldn't sleep well - so I am not

feeling rested and at ease at the moment..more nervous about what will happen

from the state. I have to check something and then will give the dr's office a

call.

Laurie

Guest guest

I've been following your story and just want you to know I'm praying for you.Jen Flick in PASent from my iPhoneOn Apr 30, 2012, at 11:35 AM, "Bun" <alohabun@...> wrote:

>

I don't know how far the doctor or the state would go, especially since we don't vaccinate, so I just don't involve them. I definitely wouldn't have given antibiotics because I don't think they're necessary for pertussis, and the son involved already had a history of antibiotic-related problems.

Our doctor's office just called this morning while we were sleeping. My husband answered the phone and when he came in to see if we were still asleep, I woke up and then everyone else did too. They reported our case to the state and want to know if we started the antibiotics. He told them I'd call them after we woke. Any advice before I call...do I need a lawyer now...will they try to take her away all because we prefer to go with natural ways of treatment. She has had three nights of improvement now. Not that she's all better by any means, she is still coughing sometimes, esp upon waking from sleep in the morning, but so so much less and much easier to cough things up and just much better overall.

They also said the state wanted our older daughter to be taken out of school. That's another whole thing we'll have to deal with. Maybe she can skype into her class. Maybe they figure they don't want to take any chances. But if they test her for it, would they ever be able to figure out if she is contagious or not, or does the test only tell you if you are positive for whooping cough. I'm thinking the latter. So is there a way to know for sure if you are contagious or not...I mean by lab confirmation? I would feel comfortable knowing that if we have had it for four weeks already, that we'd not be contagious (and that since Makana has it more intensely, we'd lie low anyway).

The dr also said I told her the boys were beginning to cough as well. I told Jim (my husband) that I had mentioned to her they were coughing too, but only sometimes, and that my three yr old did drink out of Makana's cup the other day. Jim told her that the boys were fine.

A couple of questions:

Makana's tummy is hurting from the coughing and wretching. Not sure what to do about that. Or if there is anything to do for that.

She also has learned to stop the cough from coming on if she concentrates and she can do that sometimes. Is that a good thing or is it better to cough when her body wants to? I feel she will cough if she needs to and try not to cough if that is more comfortable for her. But I wonder if that is okay or not...is it bad to not let the cough out. Yet I bet if the cough really needed to come out, it would regardless. So, maybe I need not fret about that part.

Is it common for the congestion to move from the head to the lungs with whooping cough or only if a secondary infection sets in? I am asking because I am "watchful" of secondary infections and I suppose I have a fear of pneumonia. Maybe I should buy a stethoscope so I can listen to her lungs when I want to myself (know I'm not a dr, but still it might be helpful to have anyway and perhaps I can find some info to guide me on what to listen for and how).

Sorry...I am in a more fearful kind of feeling state right now because of worrying about what the doctors office or state might do or tell us to do. What will happen if we don't give antibiotics? Don't they realize we have had it for so long and that we aren't contagious anymore? Don't they realize that we are all surrounded by whooping cough ...it is not just our family who is coughing.

Makana slept pretty well last night, but I didn't as we napped in early evening and then stayed up late and even then I just couldn't sleep well - so I am not feeling rested and at ease at the moment..more nervous about what will happen from the state. I have to check something and then will give the dr's office a call.

Laurie

Guest guest

Thanks! Makana hasn't coughed once since she got up. I am glad. I just asked

her if she is feeling better and she says she feels " Much better. " :)

This morning She ate, took vit c, NAC, elderberry syrup and has chamomile tea

steeping.

She seems her normal self right now...was skyping with friends, has been lively,

running around, joking and seems to look and feel pretty good.

Thank you for praying! (and I'd be glad if you continue too!) That is so nice.

Laurie :)

> > >

> > I don't know how far the doctor or the state would go, especially since we

don't vaccinate, so I just don't involve them. I definitely wouldn't have given

antibiotics because I don't think they're necessary for pertussis, and the son

involved already had a history of antibiotic-related problems.

> >

> > Our doctor's office just called this morning while we were sleeping. My

husband answered the phone and when he came in to see if we were still asleep, I

woke up and then everyone else did too. They reported our case to the state and

want to know if we started the antibiotics. He told them I'd call them after we

woke. Any advice before I call...do I need a lawyer now...will they try to take

her away all because we prefer to go with natural ways of treatment. She has had

three nights of improvement now. Not that she's all better by any means, she is

still coughing sometimes, esp upon waking from sleep in the morning, but so so

much less and much easier to cough things up and just much better overall.

> >

> > They also said the state wanted our older daughter to be taken out of

school. That's another whole thing we'll have to deal with. Maybe she can skype

into her class. Maybe they figure they don't want to take any chances. But if

they test her for it, would they ever be able to figure out if she is contagious

or not, or does the test only tell you if you are positive for whooping cough.

I'm thinking the latter. So is there a way to know for sure if you are

contagious or not...I mean by lab confirmation? I would feel comfortable knowing

that if we have had it for four weeks already, that we'd not be contagious (and

that since Makana has it more intensely, we'd lie low anyway).

> >

> > The dr also said I told her the boys were beginning to cough as well. I told

Jim (my husband) that I had mentioned to her they were coughing too, but only

sometimes, and that my three yr old did drink out of Makana's cup the other day.

Jim told her that the boys were fine.

> >

> > A couple of questions:

> > Makana's tummy is hurting from the coughing and wretching. Not sure what to

do about that. Or if there is anything to do for that.

> >

> > She also has learned to stop the cough from coming on if she concentrates

and she can do that sometimes. Is that a good thing or is it better to cough

when her body wants to? I feel she will cough if she needs to and try not to

cough if that is more comfortable for her. But I wonder if that is okay or

not...is it bad to not let the cough out. Yet I bet if the cough really needed

to come out, it would regardless. So, maybe I need not fret about that part.

> >

> > Is it common for the congestion to move from the head to the lungs with

whooping cough or only if a secondary infection sets in? I am asking because I

am " watchful " of secondary infections and I suppose I have a fear of pneumonia.

Maybe I should buy a stethoscope so I can listen to her lungs when I want to

myself (know I'm not a dr, but still it might be helpful to have anyway and

perhaps I can find some info to guide me on what to listen for and how).

> >

> > Sorry...I am in a more fearful kind of feeling state right now because of

worrying about what the doctors office or state might do or tell us to do. What

will happen if we don't give antibiotics? Don't they realize we have had it for

so long and that we aren't contagious anymore? Don't they realize that we are

all surrounded by whooping cough ...it is not just our family who is coughing.

> >

> > Makana slept pretty well last night, but I didn't as we napped in early

evening and then stayed up late and even then I just couldn't sleep well - so I

am not feeling rested and at ease at the moment..more nervous about what will

happen from the state. I have to check something and then will give the dr's

office a call.

> >

> > Laurie

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

At 05:36 PM 5/2/2012, you wrote:

Thanks for the essential oil

recommendations. I have eucalyptus. oil, but not rosemary I

think.... A friend of mine just wrote to me today with what she

uses: lavender, ravensara, and naouli essential oils and put them

on his feet. Have you heard of them or used them? Is eucalyptus and

rosemary more effective? Or does it depend on the person?

I have a question regarding when to use the oils if I am using

homeopathy.....since I'm giving her belladonna and drosera (homeopathic

pellets) a couple times (2-3 times/day), I'm not sure when it would be a

good time to use the oils. Any suggestions? It is hard

already to find time to give the pellets because she frequently has food

or applesauce or oj with the supplements like vit c (sodium

ascorbate).

Hi Laurie - I've been traveling so sorry I haven't answered you, but back

now.

Do NOT use essential oils at all if you are going to use homeopathy and

find the ONE remedy that matches best if you are going to use homeopathy,

not 2 of them - belladonna and drosera are very different remedies for

very different pictures. And give them in water as I teach. I

will share that info again. Don't worry about whether she has just

had food

I will send the homeopathy info again. Find the ONE remedy that

matches her symptom picture the best, often including her mood at

the time as part of the picture.

Sheri

listowner

Sheri Nakken, former R.N., MA, Hahnemannian

Homeopath

Vaccination Information & Choice Network, Washington State, USA

Vaccines -

http://vaccinationdangers.wordpress.com/ Homeopathy

http://homeopathycures.wordpress.com

Vaccine Dangers, Childhood Disease Classes & Homeopathy

Online/email courses - next classes start April 17

Guest guest

Hi Laurie

Please re-read my directions - give ONLY one remedy. You see - you

dont' know now which one helped as gave 2.............and 2 could be

confusing the body.

thanks for sharing those other links

Find the one remedy that matches best and give in water, as I teach,

and repeat as needed as I teach

What potency are you using? 30C? 200C?

Sheri

At 06:19 PM 5/2/2012, you wrote:

>Another question....Makana had a worse night two nights ago (after

>three good ones) and then last night was better again. Is this how

>it kind of goes. Two steps forward, one step back kind of thing?

>

>Yesterday I was so on top of her liquids and supplements and

>homeopathic remedies and started reading Sherri's list of

>homeopathic remedies to make sure I was giving the right ones and I

>thought to add belladonna to the drosera. I gave it three times

>yesterday and maybe that is what helped?

>

>Plus yesterday we had begun our first full day on Sodium Ascorbate

>form of vitamin c instead of the Ester-C which was the calcium

>ascorbate form of vitamin c. (The form to use is sodium ascorbate

>from what I

>read....http://www.mothering.com/community/t/714819/sodium-ascorbate

>has lots of good info on this thread and good vit c links to follow).

>

>And this has lots of good info and advice:

>http://beyondvaccination.com/showthread.php?349-Got-whooping-cough-The-symptoms\

-Vitamin-C-and-general-management.

>There was also an audio and a video on this website that I looked at

>before my child had it full blown:

>http://www.whoopingcough.net/video%20whooping%20cough.htm And from

>this link on the same webpage, if you go to the right, you can click

>on either the sounds of whooping cough or the sounds of Not whooping

>cough and also to the videos: http://www.whoopingcough.net/symptoms.htm

>

>Maybe those links will give further help to anyone who needs to look

>stuff up.

>

>Laurie

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Yes, it does go back and forth and then lessens. I would just give one remedy

at a time, though. If you think the Belladonna was the better choice, use it by

itself. And stop when there's improvement. When you gave it the first time was

there any? Or did it take the three times to see a change?

>

> Winnie

She had a hard night on Monday April 30th into Tues May 1st, so on Tues May 1st,

I reread all the homeopathic remedies and thought belladonna was a good fit. I

gave her drosera and belladonna three different times (morning, afternoon and

evening). I saw improvement that very night (Tuesday into Wednesday).

I thought it was okay to give two different remedies. Is that okay to do?

Laurie

Guest guest

no it is not OK to give 2 different remedies - one remedy should

cover the symptoms - otherwise they may fight each other and also

you don't know which to stop and which to change. Give one remedy.

Sheri

At 12:30 PM 5/3/2012, you wrote:

>

> >

> > Yes, it does go back and forth and then lessens. I would just

> give one remedy at a time, though. If you think the Belladonna was

> the better choice, use it by itself. And stop when there's

> improvement. When you gave it the first time was there any? Or did

> it take the three times to see a change?

> >

> > Winnie

>

>

>She had a hard night on Monday April 30th into Tues May 1st, so on

>Tues May 1st, I reread all the homeopathic remedies and thought

>belladonna was a good fit. I gave her drosera and belladonna three

>different times (morning, afternoon and evening). I saw improvement

>that very night (Tuesday into Wednesday).

>

>I thought it was okay to give two different remedies. Is that okay

>to do? Laurie

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks, will look at the info about giving it in water and have not done the

oils in days so that is good. And think I need to figure out which homeopathic

remedy is what she needs now....it seems to change. How often should it change?

Daily? Every 2 days or so?

Also, after using 8000 mg vit c, her coughs were much more manageable last

night...they still came on (although a tiny bit less frequent, but still

frequent) but she was able to only cough a bit and then sort of stifle the cough

and not let it get full blown as much as it used to be. I just reread this

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/The-Vitamin-C-Treat\

ment-of-Whooping-Cough-10.pdf and noted that it said that after lots of vit c,

you will cough up lots of mucous and then notice a decrease in the cough of

about 2/3. That may be what is happening...dunno just yet...still trying to

figure it out and don't want to get excited because then she may end up with

another hard night. My nerves are so frayed that I couldn't sleep until after

4am...thank goodness we slept in late. Laurie

> >Thanks for the essential oil recommendations. I have eucalyptus.

> >oil, but not rosemary I think.... A friend of mine just wrote to me

> >today with what she uses: lavender, ravensara, and naouli essential

> >oils and put them on his feet. Have you heard of them or used

> >them? Is eucalyptus and rosemary more effective? Or does it depend

> >on the person?

> >

> >I have a question regarding when to use the oils if I am using

> >homeopathy.....since I'm giving her belladonna and drosera

> >(homeopathic pellets) a couple times (2-3 times/day), I'm not sure

> >when it would be a good time to use the oils. Any suggestions? It

> >is hard already to find time to give the pellets because she

> >frequently has food or applesauce or oj with the supplements like

> >vit c (sodium ascorbate).

>

> Hi Laurie - I've been traveling so sorry I haven't answered you, but back now.

> Do NOT use essential oils at all if you are going to use homeopathy

> and find the ONE remedy that matches best if you are going to use

> homeopathy, not 2 of them - belladonna and drosera are very different

> remedies for very different pictures. And give them in water as I

> teach. I will share that info again. Don't worry about whether she

> has just had food

>

> I will send the homeopathy info again. Find the ONE remedy that

> matches her symptom picture the best, often including her mood at

> the time as part of the picture.

>

> Sheri