RemedySpot.com

Whooping cough death in baby

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello everyone, I need some advice....So I have a friend on facebook who posted this sad, sad story about a baby who was born to a mother who then apparently gave the baby whooping cough and the baby then dies several days later after her birth, here's the link to the story.....http://shotbyshot.org/pertussis/kaliahs-story/It is posted on the shotbyshot website as a story of vaccine preventable disease....and my friend says "this is why vaccines are so IMPORTANT!" I then go to the link & read the story and it basically says that the young mother had a cough & then the Dr. said she was overdue for her Tdap vaccine so they gave her the Tdap before she leaves the hospital with her newborn, 10 days later the baby comes down with a cold & cough and eventually dies from whooping

cough. After reading the story, I'm thinking that the Dr. is the one who gave the baby the whooping cough, because isn't the Tdap a live virus vaccine, which means the mother, who already had a cough and a suppressed immune system from the cold and giving birth, probably shed the virus to the little baby. Any other insight from all of you wise ones? I am biting my tongue right now and so want to respond to my friend...Is my conclusion wrong? Please advise, thank you!

Guest guest

Hello ,

I read that story on FB yesterday and thought the exact same thing. But I'm no expert, I'd wait to see what others have to say.

Sherry From: Campagna <amcampagna@...> "vaccinations " <vaccinations > Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:34 AM Subject: Whooping cough death in baby

Hello everyone, I need some advice....So I have a friend on facebook who posted this sad, sad story about a baby who was born to a mother who then apparently gave the baby whooping cough and the baby then dies several days later after her birth, here's the link to the story.....http://shotbyshot.org/pertussis/kaliahs-story/It is posted on the shotbyshot website as a story of vaccine preventable disease....and my friend says "this is why vaccines are so IMPORTANT!" I then go to the link & read the story and it basically says that the young mother had a cough & then the Dr. said she was overdue for her Tdap vaccine so they gave her the Tdap before she leaves the hospital with her newborn, 10 days later the baby comes down with a cold & cough and eventually dies from whooping

cough. After reading the story, I'm thinking that the Dr. is the one who gave the baby the whooping cough, because isn't the Tdap a live virus vaccine, which means the mother, who already had a cough and a suppressed immune system from the cold and giving birth, probably shed the virus to the little baby. Any other insight from all of you wise ones? I am biting my tongue right now and so want to respond to my friend...Is my conclusion wrong? Please advise, thank you!

Guest guest

Hi ,Was this baby breastfed? Quite possibly the toxins/virus were passed through the mother's milk, add the possibility the mom was shedding the virus, you really increased the chances of that baby getting sick, very sad.Diane W.