RemedySpot.com

Rabies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi!The rabies virus gets alot of press, especially for those of us who are owned by dogs and cats. There is alot of conflicting information, maybe someone, such as Sheri, can clear up some questions I have:

- Has the virus definitely been identified?

- When doing a necropsy are they only looking for Negri Bodies (also present in none rabid animals) or do they confirm it's rabies with something additional, which I've read they do, but how accurate are these tests?

- When testing titers in animals, is this test simply checking the level of circulating toxins/viruses from the vaccine?

- When they challenge an animal (challenge study), what are they challenging it with, the same ingredients/virus as the vaccine? I'm asking this a little prematurely, I do plan to email Dr. Schultz with this question and other questions. I've been told by another source they challenge dogs w/ the wild virus, which one I'm not sure.I'm not sure how forthcoming Dr. Schultz will be and how much he'll divulge to me, so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has any answers to my questions. Thanks!Diane W.