RemedySpot.com

whooping cough

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh, great! I'm so glad it worked out for you. It's so rare to hear that the government is reasonable about these matters.

Winnie Re: Whooping CoughVaccinations > I told the drs office when they asked that she was doing other > things and not taking the antibiotic. When the state person > called me, she never asked about whether or not we were taking > an antibiotic. So I didn't bring it up. I think the state was > satisfied that we were coughing for more than 21 days and were > therefore not contagious. That seemed to be the big thing she > brought up and felt relieved about. I was just glad that she > (the state) wasn't demanding we follow any specific protocol as > what we're doing is working well. Without antibiotics and like > people have written and from what I've read in many places now, > they may only help at the very very beginning, probably before > you even know you have whooping cough. Laurie > > > > > >> > > I don't know how far the doctor or the state would go, > > > especially since we don't vaccinate, so I just don't involve > > > them. I definitely wouldn't have given antibiotics because I > > > don't think they're necessary for pertussis, and the son > > > involved already had a history of antibiotic-related problems.> > > > > > Our doctor's office just called this morning while we were > > > sleeping. My husband answered the phone and when he came in > to > > > see if we were still asleep, I woke up and then everyone > else > > > did too. They reported our case to the state and want to > know > > > if we started the antibiotics. He told them I'd call them > after > > > we woke. Any advice before I call...do I need a lawyer > > > now...will they try to take her away all because we prefer > to go > > > with natural ways of treatment. She has had three nights of > > > improvement now. Not that she's all better by any means, she > is > > > still coughing sometimes, esp upon waking from sleep in the > > > morning, but so so much less and much easier to cough things > up > > > and just much better overall. > > > > > > They also said the state wanted our older daughter to be > taken > > > out of school. That's another whole thing we'll have to deal > > > with. Maybe she can skype into her class. Maybe they figure > > > they don't want to take any chances. But if they test her > for > > > it, would they ever be able to figure out if she is > contagious > > > or not, or does the test only tell you if you are positive > for > > > whooping cough. I'm thinking the latter. So is there a way > to > > > know for sure if you are contagious or not...I mean by lab > > > confirmation? I would feel comfortable knowing that if we > have > > > had it for four weeks already, that we'd not be contagious > (and > > > that since Makana has it more intensely, we'd lie low > anyway). > > > > > > The dr also said I told her the boys were beginning to cough > as > > > well. I told Jim (my husband) that I had mentioned to her > they > > > were coughing too, but only sometimes, and that my three yr > old > > > did drink out of Makana's cup the other day. Jim told her > that > > > the boys were fine. > > > > > > A couple of questions: > > > Makana's tummy is hurting from the coughing and wretching. > Not > > > sure what to do about that. Or if there is anything to do > for > > > that. > > > > > > She also has learned to stop the cough from coming on if she > > > concentrates and she can do that sometimes. Is that a good > thing > > > or is it better to cough when her body wants to? I feel she > > > will cough if she needs to and try not to cough if that is > more > > > comfortable for her. But I wonder if that is okay or > not...is > > > it bad to not let the cough out. Yet I bet if the cough > really > > > needed to come out, it would regardless. So, maybe I need > not > > > fret about that part. > > > > > > Is it common for the congestion to move from the head to the > > > lungs with whooping cough or only if a secondary infection > sets > > > in? I am asking because I am "watchful" of secondary > infections > > > and I suppose I have a fear of pneumonia. Maybe I should buy > a > > > stethoscope so I can listen to her lungs when I want to > myself > > > (know I'm not a dr, but still it might be helpful to have > anyway > > > and perhaps I can find some info to guide me on what to > listen > > > for and how). > > > > > > Sorry...I am in a more fearful kind of feeling state right > now > > > because of worrying about what the doctors office or state > might > > > do or tell us to do. What will happen if we don't give > > > antibiotics? Don't they realize we have had it for so long > and > > > that we aren't contagious anymore? Don't they realize that > we > > > are all surrounded by whooping cough ...it is not just our > > > family who is coughing. > > > > > > Makana slept pretty well last night, but I didn't as we > napped > > > in early evening and then stayed up late and even then I > just > > > couldn't sleep well - so I am not feeling rested and at ease > at > > > the moment..more nervous about what will happen from the > state. > > > I have to check something and then will give the dr's office > a > > > call. > > > > > > Laurie > > > > > >> >> > >

Guest guest

Thats great to hear! So glad your daughter is feeling better too. The idea of the state calling me to ask about my kids etc is scary stuff. I'm glad to have been able to cover you in prayer :)If we ever get pertussis I don't know if we'll go to the doctors or not... Guess that would be the kind of situation we'd just have to wait and see.Jen Flick in PAOn Apr 30, 2012, at 9:28 PM, Bun wrote:

I told the drs office when they asked that she was doing other things and not taking the antibiotic. When the state person called me, she never asked about whether or not we were taking an antibiotic. So I didn't bring it up. I think the state was satisfied that we were coughing for more than 21 days and were therefore not contagious. That seemed to be the big thing she brought up and felt relieved about. I was just glad that she (the state) wasn't demanding we follow any specific protocol as what we're doing is working well. Without antibiotics and like people have written and from what I've read in many places now, they may only help at the very very beginning, probably before you even know you have whooping cough. Laurie

> > >

> > I don't know how far the doctor or the state would go,

> > especially since we don't vaccinate, so I just don't involve

> > them. I definitely wouldn't have given antibiotics because I

> > don't think they're necessary for pertussis, and the son

> > involved already had a history of antibiotic-related problems.

> >

> > Our doctor's office just called this morning while we were

> > sleeping. My husband answered the phone and when he came in to

> > see if we were still asleep, I woke up and then everyone else

> > did too. They reported our case to the state and want to know

> > if we started the antibiotics. He told them I'd call them after

> > we woke. Any advice before I call...do I need a lawyer

> > now...will they try to take her away all because we prefer to go

> > with natural ways of treatment. She has had three nights of

> > improvement now. Not that she's all better by any means, she is

> > still coughing sometimes, esp upon waking from sleep in the

> > morning, but so so much less and much easier to cough things up

> > and just much better overall.

> >

> > They also said the state wanted our older daughter to be taken

> > out of school. That's another whole thing we'll have to deal

> > with. Maybe she can skype into her class. Maybe they figure

> > they don't want to take any chances. But if they test her for

> > it, would they ever be able to figure out if she is contagious

> > or not, or does the test only tell you if you are positive for

> > whooping cough. I'm thinking the latter. So is there a way to

> > know for sure if you are contagious or not...I mean by lab

> > confirmation? I would feel comfortable knowing that if we have

> > had it for four weeks already, that we'd not be contagious (and

> > that since Makana has it more intensely, we'd lie low anyway).

> >

> > The dr also said I told her the boys were beginning to cough as

> > well. I told Jim (my husband) that I had mentioned to her they

> > were coughing too, but only sometimes, and that my three yr old

> > did drink out of Makana's cup the other day. Jim told her that

> > the boys were fine.

> >

> > A couple of questions:

> > Makana's tummy is hurting from the coughing and wretching. Not

> > sure what to do about that. Or if there is anything to do for

> > that.

> >

> > She also has learned to stop the cough from coming on if she

> > concentrates and she can do that sometimes. Is that a good thing

> > or is it better to cough when her body wants to? I feel she

> > will cough if she needs to and try not to cough if that is more

> > comfortable for her. But I wonder if that is okay or not...is

> > it bad to not let the cough out. Yet I bet if the cough really

> > needed to come out, it would regardless. So, maybe I need not

> > fret about that part.

> >

> > Is it common for the congestion to move from the head to the

> > lungs with whooping cough or only if a secondary infection sets

> > in? I am asking because I am "watchful" of secondary infections

> > and I suppose I have a fear of pneumonia. Maybe I should buy a

> > stethoscope so I can listen to her lungs when I want to myself

> > (know I'm not a dr, but still it might be helpful to have anyway

> > and perhaps I can find some info to guide me on what to listen

> > for and how).

> >

> > Sorry...I am in a more fearful kind of feeling state right now

> > because of worrying about what the doctors office or state might

> > do or tell us to do. What will happen if we don't give

> > antibiotics? Don't they realize we have had it for so long and

> > that we aren't contagious anymore? Don't they realize that we

> > are all surrounded by whooping cough ...it is not just our

> > family who is coughing.

> >

> > Makana slept pretty well last night, but I didn't as we napped

> > in early evening and then stayed up late and even then I just

> > couldn't sleep well - so I am not feeling rested and at ease at

> > the moment..more nervous about what will happen from the state.

> > I have to check something and then will give the dr's office a

> > call.

> >

> > Laurie

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the essential oil recommendations. I have eucalyptus. oil, but not

rosemary I think.... A friend of mine just wrote to me today with what she

uses: lavender, ravensara, and naouli essential oils and put them on his feet.

Have you heard of them or used them? Is eucalyptus and rosemary more effective?

Or does it depend on the person?

I have a question regarding when to use the oils if I am using

homeopathy.....since I'm giving her belladonna and drosera (homeopathic pellets)

a couple times (2-3 times/day), I'm not sure when it would be a good time to use

the oils. Any suggestions? It is hard already to find time to give the pellets

because she frequently has food or applesauce or oj with the supplements like

vit c (sodium ascorbate).

She doesn't like smoothies much and not green drinks. But it is interesting how

my ten yr old son Li didn't get whooping cough like her at all and he drinks

green smoothies with me almost daily (mostly spinach and oranges and bananas,

but also strawberry banana ones with various greens in them - I like bok choy

and strawberry/banana, but my ten yr old doesn't). And lately mostly just

strawberry banana ones too so my youngest will have some and I can add in garlic

capsules and vit c to them as of lately. (youngest won't drink green ones

either).

Laurie

>

> Eucalyptus essential oil around 10-20 drops mixed with a handful of other

natural oil and rubbed on the front and back of the chest and neck works

wonders, especially with rosemary oil. Has she tried any green drinks?

>

Guest guest

Another question....Makana had a worse night two nights ago (after three good

ones) and then last night was better again. Is this how it kind of goes. Two

steps forward, one step back kind of thing?

Yesterday I was so on top of her liquids and supplements and homeopathic

remedies and started reading Sherri's list of homeopathic remedies to make sure

I was giving the right ones and I thought to add belladonna to the drosera. I

gave it three times yesterday and maybe that is what helped?

Plus yesterday we had begun our first full day on Sodium Ascorbate form of

vitamin c instead of the Ester-C which was the calcium ascorbate form of vitamin

c. (The form to use is sodium ascorbate from what I

read....http://www.mothering.com/community/t/714819/sodium-ascorbate has lots of

good info on this thread and good vit c links to follow).

And this has lots of good info and advice:

http://beyondvaccination.com/showthread.php?349-Got-whooping-cough-The-symptoms-\

Vitamin-C-and-general-management. There was also an audio and a video on this

website that I looked at before my child had it full blown:

http://www.whoopingcough.net/video%20whooping%20cough.htm And from this link on

the same webpage, if you go to the right, you can click on either the sounds of

whooping cough or the sounds of Not whooping cough and also to the videos:

http://www.whoopingcough.net/symptoms.htm

Maybe those links will give further help to anyone who needs to look stuff up.

Laurie

Guest guest

My personal opinion is that you should choose between the oils and homeopathy. Whooping cough is the 100 day cough, so there's quite a way to go and you'll likely need to redose with the homeopathics at some point, too, maybe changing remedies.

Winnie

Re: WHOOPING COUGHVaccinations > Thanks for the essential oil recommendations. I have eucalyptus. > oil, but not rosemary I think.... A friend of mine just wrote > to me today with what she uses: lavender, ravensara, and naouli > essential oils and put them on his feet. Have you heard of them > or used them? Is eucalyptus and rosemary more effective? Or > does it depend on the person?> > I have a question regarding when to use the oils if I am using > homeopathy.....since I'm giving her belladonna and drosera > (homeopathic pellets) a couple times (2-3 times/day), I'm not > sure when it would be a good time to use the oils. Any > suggestions? It is hard already to find time to give the > pellets because she frequently has food or applesauce or oj with > the supplements like vit c (sodium ascorbate). > > She doesn't like smoothies much and not green drinks. But it is > interesting how my ten yr old son Li didn't get whooping cough > like her at all and he drinks green smoothies with me almost > daily (mostly spinach and oranges and bananas, but also > strawberry banana ones with various greens in them - I like bok > choy and strawberry/banana, but my ten yr old doesn't). And > lately mostly just strawberry banana ones too so my youngest > will have some and I can add in garlic capsules and vit c to > them as of lately. (youngest won't drink green ones either). > > Laurie > > > >> > Eucalyptus essential oil around 10-20 drops mixed with a > handful of other natural oil and rubbed on the front and back of > the chest and neck works wonders, especially with rosemary oil. > Has she tried any green drinks?> >> >

Guest guest

Yes, it does go back and forth and then lessens. I would just give one remedy at a time, though. If you think the Belladonna was the better choice, use it by itself. And stop when there's improvement. When you gave it the first time was there any? Or did it take the three times to see a change?

Winnie Re: Whooping CoughVaccinations > Another question....Makana had a worse night two nights ago > (after three good ones) and then last night was better again. > Is this how it kind of goes. Two steps forward, one step back > kind of thing? > > Yesterday I was so on top of her liquids and supplements and > homeopathic remedies and started reading Sherri's list of > homeopathic remedies to make sure I was giving the right ones > and I thought to add belladonna to the drosera. I gave it three > times yesterday and maybe that is what helped? > > Plus yesterday we had begun our first full day on Sodium > Ascorbate form of vitamin c instead of the Ester-C which was the > calcium ascorbate form of vitamin c. (The form to use is sodium > ascorbate from what I > read....http://www.mothering.com/community/t/714819/sodium-ascorbate has lots of good info on this thread and good vit c links to follow). > > And this has lots of good info and advice: > http://beyondvaccination.com/showthread.php?349-Got-whooping-> cough-The-symptoms-Vitamin-C-and-general-management. There was > also an audio and a video on this website that I looked at > before my child had it full blown: > http://www.whoopingcough.net/video%20whooping%20cough.htm And > from this link on the same webpage, if you go to the right, you > can click on either the sounds of whooping cough or the sounds > of Not whooping cough and also to the videos: > http://www.whoopingcough.net/symptoms.htm> Maybe those links will give further help to anyone who needs to > look stuff up. > > Laurie > >

Guest guest

I agree with Winnie because the strong smells from the oils can antidote the

remedies.

Amy

> > >

> > > Eucalyptus essential oil around 10-20 drops mixed with a

> > handful of other natural oil and rubbed on the front and back of

> > the chest and neck works wonders, especially with rosemary oil.

> > Has she tried any green drinks?

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I teach to use 200c in my classes but not for those who haven't taken

my class because I don't want people giving 200C for chronic

conditions. But if you are treating the new symptoms that have come

with whooping cough, then 200C should work well

Sheri

At 09:15 PM 5/4/2012, you wrote:

>I was getting 30 c, but I began to read your notes saying 200c

>though I will have to go out and get them. Thinking because of

>stringy ropey mucous that it might be this one..

>

>#Coccus cacti. [Coc-c]

> This remedy has paroxysms of cough with vomiting of clear, ropy

>mucus, extending in thick, long strings even to the floor. This is

>sometimes seen in children who cough and cough with this tenacious

>mucus stringing from mouth and nose, waving to and fro until it

>finally gives way. The paroxysms come on in the morning, and

>accompanying them there is often vomiting of a clear, ropy mucus.

>Eructations of wind following cough are an indication for Ambra

>grisea. Coccus is a useful remedy for the protracted bronchial

>catarrhs remaining after whooping cough. The excessive secretion of

>mucus under Coccus is marked and causes the child to strangle. The

>choking is most characteristic, even more so than the strangling.

>

>

>I haven't had a chance to finish reading and I don't yet have that

>remedy...so giving no homeopathics tonight...

>

>laurie

>

>

> > >Another question....Makana had a worse night two nights ago (after

> > >three good ones) and then last night was better again. Is this how

> > >it kind of goes. Two steps forward, one step back kind of thing?

> > >

> > >Yesterday I was so on top of her liquids and supplements and

> > >homeopathic remedies and started reading Sherri's list of

> > >homeopathic remedies to make sure I was giving the right ones and I

> > >thought to add belladonna to the drosera. I gave it three times

> > >yesterday and maybe that is what helped?

> > >

> > >Plus yesterday we had begun our first full day on Sodium Ascorbate

> > >form of vitamin c instead of the Ester-C which was the calcium

> > >ascorbate form of vitamin c. (The form to use is sodium ascorbate

> > >from what I

> > >read....http://www.mothering.com/community/t/714819/sodium-ascorbate

> > >has lots of good info on this thread and good vit c links to follow).

> > >

> > >And this has lots of good info and advice:

> > >http://beyondvaccination.com/showthread.php?349-Got-whooping-coug

> h-The-symptoms-Vitamin-C-and-general-management.

> > >There was also an audio and a video on this website that I looked at

> > >before my child had it full blown:

> > >http://www.whoopingcough.net/video%20whooping%20cough.htm And from

> > >this link on the same webpage, if you go to the right, you can click

> > >on either the sounds of whooping cough or the sounds of Not whooping

> > >cough and also to the videos: http://www.whoopingcough.net/symptoms.htm

> > >

> > >Maybe those links will give further help to anyone who needs to look

> > >stuff up.

> > >

> > >Laurie

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >------------------------------------

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

More questions on whooping cough: A friend of mine has a not quite 3 month old (guessing around 10-12 weeks old) and a 4 year old with whooping cough (the 4 year old was vaxxed for it). I forwarded her the recent emails about whooping cough, but wanted to ask what recommendations there would be for the baby. She is exclusively breastfeeding him. Would you recommend the homeopathic remedies for the infant also? Thanks much!

Guest guest

The baby has it also? Yes definitely the ONE remedy that fits

Mom to up Vitamin C - sodium ascorbate form and her D3

Do you have the remedy possibilities and the administration

info?

Where does she live? Really helps to have a good homeopath

Sheri

More questions on whooping

cough:

A friend of mine has a not quite 3 month old (guessing around 10-12 weeks

old) and a 4 year old with whooping cough (the 4 year old was vaxxed for

it). I forwarded her the recent emails about whooping cough, but

wanted to ask what recommendations there would be for the baby. She

is exclusively breastfeeding him.

Would you recommend the homeopathic remedies for the infant also?

Thanks much!

Guest guest

yes, both baby and 4 year old have it :( I am going through the list and sending her all I can find.THanks! Vaccinations From: vaccinedangers@...Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 13:03:42 -0700Subject: Re: whooping cough

The baby has it also? Yes definitely the ONE remedy that fits

Mom to up Vitamin C - sodium ascorbate form and her D3

Do you have the remedy possibilities and the administration

info?

Where does she live? Really helps to have a good homeopath

Sheri

More questions on whooping

cough:

A friend of mine has a not quite 3 month old (guessing around 10-12 weeks

old) and a 4 year old with whooping cough (the 4 year old was vaxxed for

it). I forwarded her the recent emails about whooping cough, but

wanted to ask what recommendations there would be for the baby. She

is exclusively breastfeeding him.

Would you recommend the homeopathic remedies for the infant also?

Thanks much!