RemedySpot.com

Religious exemption

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wondering if anyone knows this answer before I find out the hard way. I just

gained acceptance in a prestigious pharmacy school in Nebraska. They have a

laundry list of vaccines or " proof of immunity " I need to have. The orientation

message from the nurse said " non-compliance can interfere with your clinicals. "

This to me insinuates you can opt out. I have checked Nebraska law and

religious exemptions are allowed. This school however is a private university.

Can they kick me out if I claim it is against my religion? Wondering if I

should consult a lawyer in the state?

Rich Brantner

Guest guest

I think "interfering" means you probably don't have a choice if you want to do the clinicals, that perhaps the place you do them won't allow you there without the required vaccines, rather than the college refusing you. You might be able to get the college to accept your exemption but if you can't do the clinicals, that's a problem.

I don't know if a lawyer knows but I'd talk to the college directly to clarify their policy. They should want your business but the field you're going into could make it difficult.

Winnie

Religious exemptionVaccinations > Wondering if anyone knows this answer before I find out the hard > way. I just gained acceptance in a prestigious pharmacy school > in Nebraska. They have a laundry list of vaccines or "proof of > immunity" I need to have. The orientation message from the > nurse said "non-compliance can interfere with your clinicals." > This to me insinuates you can opt out. I have checked Nebraska > law and religious exemptions are allowed. This school however > is a private university. Can they kick me out if I claim it is > against my religion? Wondering if I should consult a lawyer in > the state?> > Rich Brantner> >