RemedySpot.com

Re: Health Department contacting County Prosecutor/Child Services UP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was just thinking about what the nurse on call told Rhian. I am an RN and I have worked for phone triage before--where people call in asking advice for anything and everything. We were bound by law to spit out to the callers ONLY the information that was in our "guidelines." The information was the traditional, mainstream medical advice.

We also were continuously monitored on the phone by a supervisor--ensuring that the boundaries were followed, meaning no one was going to take a chance and share additional holistic viewpoints for the patient to consider. Even if we totally agreed with you on a holistic viewpoint, we could not admit to that and would just push the party line. Here's the point though...parents need to EXPECT that when they contact "the system," that this is what they are going to get! Under NO circumstances is a nurse, working for a doctor(mainstream) or hospital and "on the job"--going to advise anything but the mainstream action on these events. Once you make that connection with the system--then you can expect they will handle things the way they did in this situation. One way to get medical advise and not be "outed" is to call a 24 hr nurse phone triage service (look up online for your area). Do not give your name, even though they may tell you it is necessary....what they are not telling you willingly is that it is NOT mandatory for anyone to give their name to get medical advice! Even anonymously, I would not say it was my child but a neighbor's, and that you were wondering what the medical protocol was in this situation and also just say the neighbor was going to the hospital. Then get the advice and hang up...don't take any offers for a free book or any other item--you will have to leave your name and address for those. Then you can decide what you would like to do, without anyone knowing who you are. Hope this suggestion helps someone.

Guest guest

Doctors are not "free" agents anymore--everything is so legally based and doctors have to abide by the acceptable practices of the medical guidelines for EVERYTHING, or they are open to losing their licenses. They also have to abide by all kinds of regulations of the hospitals that they work for, or no hospital privileges there for them. They are under the same duresses that we nurses are under. We need both worlds, is the truth...the holistic one and the mainstream one. Parents like unvaxing ones, homeschooling ones etc, must be very informed and well thought out on navigating the journey. What happened to Rhian was one of those unusual events, hard to think of in advance. Had it unfolded for me, the exact way Rhian has experienced it, it would be ending the same way for me too. I would not be losing my child and I would indeed be grateful that this was the first vaccine that he's having in his life--and he would not be getting any more after that. It is an incredible thing that we have ANY rights anymore on these vaccinating issues and how incredible it is that newborns can be spared the assault still!!! I mean how I thank God for that!!!!! Every year a child gets on his life without vaccines is such a plus!! Many will make it all the way and I say hallelujah on that--but when these glitches arise, like what happened with Rhian....we have to deal with what is and keep going forward. Some of us are going to experience a battle where we hit a loss--but the war for the child's life is not lost.