RemedySpot.com

RE: Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well I had none of the above while pregnant with david. I did however OK the rhogam shot. I did have ABX while he was 2 mos old and he had ABX when he was 13 mos old. He had a febrile seizure at 13 mos which led to the ABX… and motrin for a few doses..now which of that led to the autism? I don’t know. But autism is a curse if you ask me. I have a giant 1.5 y.o. romping around in the body of an almost 7 y.o. I get bitten, pinched and scratched on a daily basis. I won’t ever miss the autism. Never, ever, ever. I am not grateful for it, I’m not glad he’s got it, I want my little boy back..the one he used to be. The one he should be. I’ve had to bury one child. I’ve lost another’s one’s mind. Don’t ever to your child ‘I wish you be a baby forever’.. yes it’s a sweet stage but be ever so grateful when they grow up!! And their mind grows with them and all those damn sheeple parents that shoot up their kids and risk THIS?! I have no patience for them. Nita, homeschooling mompreneur to 8 kids and an online store! A tiscuit, a tasket, what a lovely gift basket: http://www.nitasbaskets.com I have to walk early in the morning,before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

Guest guest

Tylenol® dilutes the immune response, part of which is a fever. Tylenol destroys gluthionine. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: carlena <summershart@...> Vaccinations Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:15 PM Subject: Re: Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

I had fever with all 4 kids,2 supposedly taking tyneol takes away the risk...um... Really? So why then does my oldest have Asperger's? What a bunch of BS. Now they will send women screaming to the doctors i have a fever.

Carlena

Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

"Previous research has suggested a connection

Guest guest

First son, definitely on the spectrum. Second son, diagnosed with Asperger's at 15 (born 92, when mercury levels in vaccines rose). Both also have multiple metabolic issues. No fevers with either pregnancy. Third son, terrified to take ANYTHING while pregnant. I had a terrible cold/flu/fever for about 3 days, at about 12 weeks pregnant. Worried sick about it. He is totally normal. But he's not vaxed and we only eat whole foods now, nothing prepared. Gee, I wonder if there is any connection?Vaccinations From: mrsvoltaire@...Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:20:54 -0700Subject: Re: Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

Tylenol® dilutes the immune response, part of which is a fever. Tylenol destroys gluthionine. ~ Maureen R. Gradvohl ~ From: carlena <summershart@...> Vaccinations Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:15 PM Subject: Re: Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

I had fever with all 4 kids,2 supposedly taking tyneol takes away the risk...um... Really? So why then does my oldest have Asperger's? What a bunch of BS. Now they will send women screaming to the doctors i have a fever.

Carlena

Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

"Previous research has suggested a connection

Guest guest

But they don't mention it could be related to all the drugs that people take to bring down the fever!

Vaccinations ; AVN From: wharrison@...Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:36:12 +0000Subject: Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

"Previous research has suggested a connection between autism and various infections during pregnancy, including measles, mumps, rubella and influenza."

Really? But not the vaccines for those diseases? Did we ever hear of this "previous research" before?

Winnie

(http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/fever-in-pregnancy-tied-to-autism-risk/?nl=health & emc=edit_hh_20120605)

June 4, 2012, 3:57 pm Fever in Pregnancy Tied to Autism Risk

By NICHOLAS BAKALAR

Running a fever during pregnancy is associated with a risk of autism spectrum disorders and developmental delays in the offspring, a new study reports.

Previous research has suggested a connection between autism and various infections during pregnancy, including measles, mumps, rubella and influenza.

In the new analysis, researchers studied 701 children with autism spectrum disorders or developmental delays and 421 normal controls. After adjusting for age and other health and socioeconomic variables, they found that women who reported having had a fever during pregnancy were more than twice as likely as those who did not to have a child with a developmental disorder.

Among women whose fever had been treated with drugs like Tylenol or Advil, the risk was indistinguishable from that of mothers who reported no fever.

“Fever is an acute inflammatory response,” said the senior author, Irva Hertz-Picciotto, a professor of environmental epidemiology at the Mind Institute of the University of California, . “So there is a suggestion that inflammation of some sort may play some role in autism causation. Untreated fever seems to be the place where the risk is.”

The scientists were unable to determine whether a fever at a specific time during pregnancy might alter the risk. They acknowledge that their data depend on self-reports, which are not always accurate.

The study was published online May 5 in The Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.