RemedySpot.com

Re: Rhian - how's your son?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Although it is rare, rabies can be survived:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-11-24-girl-survives-rabies_x.htm

As someone who has seen the adverse effects of the rabies vaccine, I can't

support it. I would personally trust homeopathy in the case of a supposed rabies

bite and I WISH statistics existed on this course of treatment.

Alina

>

> Kelley,

>

> For our family, we weigh the pros/cons of the vaccines with the risks of the

diseases. So obviously the pros of the rabies vaccine far outweigh the risk

(100% mortality rate) of rabies and the cons of the vaccine, in the cases of

confirmed exposure to a rabid animal. This is not the type of disease that

people take chances with... so yes, I would probably do the same thing if I had

to do it all over again. I took my son to the ER because I knew that rabies was

deadly. What I didn't know when I took him was that the vaccine would be

enforced by the Health Department for ANY type of exposure with animals that can

carry rabies. They do not allow for recommendations on a case-by-case basis.

>

> As far as recommendations for the rest of you:

> Go to your state or county health department website and stay current with

confirmed cases of rabies in your area, and what animals are carriers. Also,

know that rabies is in the saliva, so transmission will occur through contact

with their mouths (like with a bite), not through a scratch from their claws

(unless their saliva gets into the fresh scratch). Also know that if the

person's skin isn't broken the saliva cannot infect the person, but even small

breaks in the skin can allow transmission. The vaccines are not effective in

stopping the progression of rabies once the symptoms start, and there is no

known treatment effective in curing a person from rabies. Knowing this

information will help you make a better decision when you are faced with a

possible rabies exposure.

>

> All in all, I feel OK about my child having this vaccine series. Rabies is

always deadly, and the vaccines do have risks too, but very very rarely death.

In my son's specific case I do feel that the vaccines are uneccessary, but that

in most cases that they are certainly a no-brainer choice. My main objection is

to the emotional blackmail that the Health Department used to enforce compliance

with their recommendation, which is both unprofessional and vile. But I do see

WHY they feel so strongly about my son getting the vaccines.

>

> Rhian

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks for your response Winnie! I am going to check out those books. All of this info goes against everything we have been taught regarding how we get sick . Pretty interesting stuff! Thanks, On Jun 21, 2012, at 10:03 PM, wharrison@... wrote:

Good question. Diane said in a previous post that rabies happens in malnourished populations. I never knew that before she explained it but it makes sense because that is also true of other diseases such as measles, pertussis, etc. When you are not at your healthiest, you can get sick.

We also know those diseases (or deaths from them) actually declined due to better sanitation and nutrition. But we are told it's due to vaccination, even though vaccines were introduced AFTER the decline.Maybe the same thing is going on with rabies.

It is very hard to accept that vaccines don't work. I, too, only stopped vaccinating because of safety issues, but believed for years that they worked. Have you read any of Neil 's books about vaccines? He explains it all very well.

Winnie

Re: Re: Rhian - how's your son?> >> Vaccinations > >> Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 1:58 PM> >> > >> > >> Rabies has almost a 100% chance of death? Wow! Is this true > or just mainstream medicine's spiel? > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi ,I'm still wrapping my head around this too. I began shift when I started to question the Germ theory-something like "germs are everywhere and to come in contact with germs, one WILL get sick." When we all know that something may be going around and some people will get it (and a bad case) , while some only a mild case, and others not at all- so how does the germ theory fit in? Everybody should be sick all of the time! And, how did I escape nearly fourty years on not getting measles, rubella, or whooping cough without having the vaccine? Or Meningitis? TB? Swine flu? Was it pure luck??However, from living in a near third world country a while, I observed much of the population be very eager about having a loaf of white bread and coke for breakfast and or lunch. While dinner was often potatoes, corn or

vegetables, if they had it, held in an overcrowded, leaky hut with no running water. True, this is only one area in a country not even considered third world. Yet it is what is happening there. Could the result of disease be rather a result of living conditions and diet? Are vaccines really saving people in third world countries? Are they saving anybody? I am re-working a lot that I have been led to believe and I really appreciate the dialogue. Thanks for the discussion.Far

<ericandjamie@...>;

To:

Vaccinations <Vaccinations >;

Subject:

Re: Re: Rhian - how's your son?

Sent:

Fri, Jun 22, 2012 1:17:20 AM

Hi, I guess I feel a bit confused about how there are outbreaks in third world countries all the time, and I think I saw another post that someone dies in the world every 15 minutes but yet a lot of you said that the vaccine doesn't work at all. I am not trying to argue this ( because seriously I have no clue about this) but it seems that maybe since we vaccinate here is the reason it is so Rare to contract? I know saying that is taboo ( and we don't vaccinate at all) but I would just like to understand the discrepancy between these countries and ours and the lack of vaccines there and the different outcomes? We don't vaccinate because of all the crap in the vaccines but I guess I still haven't wrapped my head around the whole thing that they don't work at all? How do we explain then the lack of vaccines in those countries and the high incidences and the huge vaccine policy here in

regards to rabies and the low incidence? Thanks in advance for helping me " get this " ! :)On Jun 20, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Flickinger <mrsflickinger@...> wrote:

My great uncle actually died of rabies many, many years ago from a dog bite. He was bitten by a rabid dog. It was a huge family tragedy. I'm sure they washed his bite w soap and water. Rabies is terrible. I'm sure the vaccine protocol is too.Jen FlickSent from my iPhoneOn Jun 20, 2012, at 3:03 AM, ozlem denis <calliophe1@...> wrote:

This is true, it is a very scary disease. In third world countries, there are always breakouts especially in summer months. There are few survivors known .

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/california-girl-us-survive-rabies/story?id=13830407--- On Tue, 6/19/12, Kelloggs263@... <Kelloggs263@...> wrote:

From: Kelloggs263@... <Kelloggs263@...>Subject: Re: Re: Rhian - how's your son?Vaccinations Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 1:58 PM

Rabies has almost a 100% chance of death? Wow! Is this true or just mainstream medicine's spiel?

Guest guest

The more I think about it the more it does make sense. It is just this radical paradigm shift from what you grow up with. I never honestly thought to question it until I had a couple groups of friends that weren't vaccinating their babies (this was right before I had mine). First I thought they were crazy but the more they told me about it and the more I looked into it, it didn't make sense to overload a little baby with all the garbage in those things. I never really knew anyone at that point who had a vaccine injury but now I am seeing it with distant cousins and friends and their kids with this overload of vaccines being given these days! I guess though I hadn't considered that they were totally ineffective. I realized that some people still got ilnesses, such as myself (measles as a teenager), even though they had the vax but didn't consider it to be the result of the health or lack of health in my body. I just don't think I was thinking period. I ate crappy growing up and have only really tried to change it now that I have young kids. It isn't easy once you grow up with bad habits. Guess this is why I got sick a lot as a kid! My kids are generally very healthy but I made sure to breast feed and to give them predominantly organic food and no vaccines. I guess I never really questioned the whole germ theory and I am finding it interesting to read and learn that maybe what we learned isn't all true! :) I started skimming the article that someone sent this morning or last night about this and finding it interesting. I always love reading the posts, although rarely comment, because I feel I have a lot to learn yet. I am going to check out the books Winnie suggested and would love any input on good homeopathy books to look into.

Thanks,

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012, at 08:49 AM, Faeborn wrote:

Hi ,

I'm still wrapping my head around this too. I began shift when I started to question the Germ theory-something like " germs are everywhere and to come in contact with germs, one WILL get sick. " When we all know that something may be going around and some people will get it (and a bad case) , while some only a mild case, and others not at all- so how does the germ theory fit in? Everybody should be sick all of the time!

And, how did I escape nearly fourty years on not getting measles, rubella, or whooping cough without having the vaccine? Or Meningitis? TB? Swine flu? Was it pure luck??

However, from living in a near third world country a while, I observed much of the population be very eager about having a loaf of white bread and coke for breakfast and or lunch. While dinner was often potatoes, corn or vegetables, if they had it, held in an overcrowded, leaky hut with no running water.

True, this is only one area in a country not even considered third world. Yet it is what is happening there. Could the result of disease be rather a result of living conditions and diet? Are vaccines really saving people in third world countries? Are they saving anybody?

I am re-working a lot that I have been led to believe and I really appreciate the dialogue. Thanks for the discussion.

Far

Vaccinations <Vaccinations >;

Subject: Re: Re: Rhian - how's your son?

Sent: Fri, Jun 22, 2012 1:17:20 AM

Hi, I guess I feel a bit confused about how there are outbreaks in third world countries all the time, and I think I saw another post that someone dies in the world every 15 minutes but yet a lot of you said that the vaccine doesn't work at all. I am not trying to argue this ( because seriously I have no clue about this) but it seems that maybe since we vaccinate here is the reason it is so

Rare to contract? I know saying that is taboo ( and we don't vaccinate at all) but I would just like to understand the discrepancy between these countries and ours and the lack of vaccines there and the different outcomes? We don't vaccinate because of all the crap in the vaccines but I guess I still haven't wrapped my head around the whole thing that they don't work at all? How do we explain then the lack of vaccines in those countries and the high incidences and the huge vaccine policy here in regards to rabies and the low incidence? Thanks in advance for helping me " get this " ! :)

On Jun 20, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Flickinger <mrsflickinger@...> wrote:

My great uncle actually died of rabies many, many years ago from a dog bite. He was bitten by a rabid dog. It was a huge family tragedy. I'm sure they washed his bite w soap and water. Rabies is terrible. I'm sure the vaccine protocol is too.

Jen Flick

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 20, 2012, at 3:03 AM, ozlem denis <calliophe1@...> wrote:

This is true, it is a very scary disease. In third world countries, there are always breakouts especially in summer months. There are few survivors known .

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/california-girl-us-survive-rabies/story?id=13830407

Subject: Re: Re: Rhian - how's your son?

Vaccinations

Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 1:58 PM

Rabies has almost a 100% chance of death? Wow! Is this true or just mainstream medicine's spiel?