Should I make a complaint against DR.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone My name is angela

I admit I haven't been on here in awhile. i apologize. My dilemma is: I

usually take my kids to Children's hospital in Pittsburgh PA and have never had

nothing but respect and politeness even though I don't vaccinate. While I'm

sure some of the docs aren't too happy about it they don't express it.

Yesterday I was at the ER for a staph infection on my sons leg. When the

Physicians Assistant got done doing her evaluation, she went to get the doc. He

came in without even introducing his self and started assessing the situation.

Then he started to tell me I had to get that scab off so the bacteria won't sit

in it and since hes not immunized he's more likely to get diseases. I held my

tongue because I usually try not to debate. I did tell the PA in so many words

that I felt very disrespected and if that is the attitude that doctors have then

that is going to make me not want to bring my children to any hospital or doctor

at all. She tried to assure me that he wasn't judging me but it was plainly

obvious. So I want to know is there any point in filing a complaint or should I

just let it go and make sure to tell them I don't want him whenever I come to

the ER.

Guest guest

I'm not clear on this. Was the doctor talking about diseases in general or about the staph infection when he said your son would be more at risk? If it was diseases in general, he was definitely off-base for instigating a vaccine lecture. If it was the staph infection, there is no vaccine for that so it makes no difference if your child is vaccinated for other diseases. I don't blame you for being annoyed either way.

Anyway, filing a complaint won't do any good. The people who think just like that doctor are going to look at it and say "so what?" and nothing will be done. What would they do anyway, fire him? This is just one of those things that is annoying, but inevitable when you go to traditional medical doctors. You either ignore them or tell them to knock it off.

And, no, you will not be able to pick and choose doctors at an ER. When it's an emergency, you get who is on call unless you want to wait or hours or days until someone else comes in. If you can wait that long, it's not an emergency.

Just use them for what you went for. What did they end up doing?

Winnie

Should I make a complaint against DR.Vaccinations > Hi everyone My name is angela> > I admit I haven't been on here in awhile. i apologize. My > dilemma is: I usually take my kids to Children's hospital in > Pittsburgh PA and have never had nothing but respect and > politeness even though I don't vaccinate. While I'm sure some > of the docs aren't too happy about it they don't express it. > Yesterday I was at the ER for a staph infection on my sons leg. > When the Physicians Assistant got done doing her evaluation, she > went to get the doc. He came in without even introducing his > self and started assessing the situation. Then he started to > tell me I had to get that scab off so the bacteria won't sit in > it and since hes not immunized he's more likely to get diseases. > I held my tongue because I usually try not to debate. I did > tell the PA in so many words that I felt very disrespected and > if that is the attitude that doctors have then that is going to > make me not want to bring my children to any hospital or doctor > at all. She tried to assure me that he wasn't judging me but it > was plainly obvious. So I want to know is there any point in > filing a complaint or should I just let it go and make sure to > tell them I don't want him whenever I come to the ER. > >

Guest guest

I wouldn't complain for a number of reasons. The number one is that if nonvax

people are consistently rude to doctors (even if doctors are rude first) it will

give non-vax people a bad reputation. Also, it will not accomplish one good

thing. I think others have written about this in the past so I won't beat a dead

horse. soometimes in life you simply have to choose not to be offended.

Sorry you experienced that.

>

> Hi everyone My name is angela

>

> I admit I haven't been on here in awhile. i apologize. My dilemma is: I

usually take my kids to Children's hospital in Pittsburgh PA and have never had

nothing but respect and politeness even though I don't vaccinate. While I'm

sure some of the docs aren't too happy about it they don't express it.

Yesterday I was at the ER for a staph infection on my sons leg. When the

Physicians Assistant got done doing her evaluation, she went to get the doc. He

came in without even introducing his self and started assessing the situation.

Then he started to tell me I had to get that scab off so the bacteria won't sit

in it and since hes not immunized he's more likely to get diseases. I held my

tongue because I usually try not to debate. I did tell the PA in so many words

that I felt very disrespected and if that is the attitude that doctors have then

that is going to make me not want to bring my children to any hospital or doctor

at all. She tried to assure me that he wasn't judging me but it was plainly

obvious. So I want to know is there any point in filing a complaint or should I

just let it go and make sure to tell them I don't want him whenever I come to

the ER.

>

Guest guest

Thanks for your advice. After telling me I needed to scrub my sons sore to get

the scab off. I asked him if that would cause it to ooze which makes it

contagious. He said no since he is not immunized he is more susceptible to

diseases. As if the staph infection would make him more likely to contract

other diseases. It threw me off because I have not experienced hostility like

that in at least 8 years. I will take your advice of course if I get him again

and he reacts the same way it won't be a pleasant visit.

As far as the treatment they gave me oral and topical antibiotics. And told me

to clean it like 12 times a day. I had my 2 yr old there a month earlier for

the same thing and they just treated her with antibiotics but nothing about

scrubbing the scab off. Anyways I wanted the antibiotics because it was getting

worse. I was trying to treat with antibiotic ointment alone and it didn't help.

So that's why I took him.

Thanks again

>

> I'm not clear on this. Was the doctor talking about diseases in general or

about the staph infection when he said your son would be more at risk? If it was

diseases in general, he was definitely off-base for instigating a vaccine

lecture. If it was the staph infection, there is no vaccine for that so it makes

no difference if your child is vaccinated for other diseases. I don't blame you

for being annoyed either way.

>

> Anyway, filing a complaint won't do any good. The people who think just like

that doctor are going to look at it and say " so what? " and nothing will be done.

What would they do anyway, fire him? This is just one of those things that is

annoying, but inevitable when you go to traditional medical doctors. You either

ignore them or tell them to knock it off.

>

> And, no, you will not be able to pick and choose doctors at an ER. When it's

an emergency, you get who is on call unless you want to wait or hours or days

until someone else comes in. If you can wait that long, it's not an emergency.

>

> Just use them for what you went for. What did they end up doing?

>

> Winnie

>

Guest guest

Yes, he clearly was throwing this "susceptibility to disease" nonsense in there for no real reason other than to be arrogant.

And I'm not so why he would say to rub off the scab, especially if they're giving antibiotics. Did you do that? Ouch. I suppose they wanted to start the healing from scratch and clean out any infection? Why wouldn't they take the scab off, though, rather than tell you to to their work (which supposedly would be done more professionally and less painful--or was that the point, to punish you and your son)?

And I bet it won't be pleasant if you come up against him again. I would have been livid, too. It's really difficult to shake it off, I know.

Winnie

Re: Should I make a complaint against DR.Vaccinations > Thanks for your advice. After telling me I needed to scrub my > sons sore to get the scab off. I asked him if that would cause > it to ooze which makes it contagious. He said no since he is > not immunized he is more susceptible to diseases. As if the > staph infection would make him more likely to contract other > diseases. It threw me off because I have not experienced > hostility like that in at least 8 years. I will take your > advice of course if I get him again and he reacts the same way > it won't be a pleasant visit.> > As far as the treatment they gave me oral and topical > antibiotics. And told me to clean it like 12 times a day. I > had my 2 yr old there a month earlier for the same thing and > they just treated her with antibiotics but nothing about > scrubbing the scab off. Anyways I wanted the antibiotics > because it was getting worse. I was trying to treat with > antibiotic ointment alone and it didn't help. So that's why I > took him.> > Thanks again > > > > >> > I'm not clear on this. Was the doctor talking about diseases > in general or about the staph infection when he said your son > would be more at risk? If it was diseases in general, he was > definitely off-base for instigating a vaccine lecture. If it was > the staph infection, there is no vaccine for that so it makes no > difference if your child is vaccinated for other diseases. I > don't blame you for being annoyed either way.> > > > Anyway, filing a complaint won't do any good. The people who > think just like that doctor are going to look at it and say "so > what?" and nothing will be done. What would they do anyway, fire > him? This is just one of those things that is annoying, but > inevitable when you go to traditional medical doctors. You > either ignore them or tell them to knock it off. > > > > And, no, you will not be able to pick and choose doctors at an > ER. When it's an emergency, you get who is on call unless you > want to wait or hours or days until someone else comes in. If > you can wait that long, it's not an emergency. > > > > Just use them for what you went for. What did they end up doing?> > > > Winnie> > > > >