RemedySpot.com

Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thats true zubair..u wont b able to take any training post till u get your indefinite leave to remain....!! Tc

Zubair <dr.zubairali@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Sent:

Wed, Jan 4, 2012 1:51:20 AM

Hi Guys,

I had a few questions about working as a dentist on a Post Study Work Permit Visa. I have recently been granted this 2 year visa under the Tier 1 category and it states under Working restrictions that 'you cannot work as a Doctor/Dentist in Training.' Does this mean that I won't be able to undertake the Vocational Training to be able to practice as a NHS dentist here? And if so, would I still be able to find dental jobs without having done the Vocational training? This is quite a predicament I didn't see coming when I initially came to study here and now I am worried that all my efforts to pass Part 1 and now try and attempt part 2 may be in vain. If anyone can shed light on my dilemma I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Zubair

Thank you Huma for answer my question. Additionally however, I wanted to know

how hard it would be for me to find a job as a denitst in a private practice as

I suppose I would still be able to work as a dentist if I clear part 2?

Honestly Zubair i have no idea about that....as i havnt started working yet!!

To:

< >;

Subject:

Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Sent:

Wed, Jan 4, 2012 2:03:53 AM

Thank you Huma for answer my question. Additionally however, I wanted to know how hard it would be for me to find a job as a denitst in a private practice as I suppose I would still be able to work as a dentist if I clear part 2?

hi Zubair u will b allowed to work in private practise ..... till ur PSW expires ... after that u need fine sponsor to remain in this country ...but u will not be allowed to take VT in PSW... u can VT only if the hospital sponsors u ... that will need change in ur visa status.....I hope this is help fulArvind From: Huma Faisal <humafaisal8278@...> Zubair <dr.zubairali@...>; Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 1:56 Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Thats true zubair..u wont b able to take any training post till u get your indefinite leave to remain....!! Tc

To:

< >;

Subject:

Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Sent:

Wed, Jan 4, 2012 1:51:20 AM

Hi Guys,

I had a few questions about working as a dentist on a Post Study Work Permit Visa. I have recently been granted this 2 year visa under the Tier 1 category and it states under Working restrictions that 'you cannot work as a Doctor/Dentist in Training.' Does this mean that I won't be able to undertake the Vocational Training to be able to practice as a NHS dentist here? And if so, would I still be able to find dental jobs without having done the Vocational training? This is quite a predicament I didn't see coming when I initially came to study here and now I am worried that all my efforts to pass Part 1 and now try and attempt part 2 may be in vain. If anyone can shed light on my dilemma I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Zubair

Thank you Arvind for the information on working as a dentist on a PSW.  I am a little more relieved to know that atleast I can work in a private practice.  Now the hard part comes, passing part 2....regards, 

Zubair

Hey, To work as a dentist in nhs you need perfromrt number from a PCT. They assces your post grad experience and some time you dont even have to do one year of VT by assesment and will get the performer number depending on the PCT.Best option is to contact the different denaries they are around 20 of them in uk and ask them under which visa status you can apply for VT by assement. Its much easy to apply for dentist associate jobs in scotland and wales, where there is more shortage of dentist. *The other option you have is to fund your own VT, once you find a job as a dentist and work as private dentist at the same practice. *work at private practice and do fully private work or find a job in co operate practice e.g Optical express dental clinic, oasis dental clinic. *work as a Hygenist til you find a proper job as a dentist or to build up your contacts. (hygenist earn around 50

pounds an hour which isnt bad once you starting up) "you can also switch from a Post-Study Work Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 visa

without your employer needing to prove they cannot fill the job with a

UK citizen. In order to apply for a Tier 2 visa you will need to have

worked for your sponsor for a continuous period of at least six months

immediately before the date of your application. Also, you must be

applying to continue in the same job you are doing on the date of the

application."Some information : Dentists qualifying from dental schools in the UK, EEA and non-EEA countriesBefore

their names may be included on a PCT dental performers list, dentists

who are nationals of countries outside the EEA must:

have completed VT or

show that they have acquired experience or training equivalent to VT or

are exempt from the requirement to complete VT. Permission to work in the UKNationals of countries outside the EEA must have permission to enter and work in the UK before they may undertake VT.Dentists

who do not have permission to work in the UK for a period greater than

12 months from the date of commencement of the VT contract may be

eligible for a work permit subject to current UK Government Home Office

regulations.Applications for work permitsApplications

for permits can only be made by British-based employers (in this case,

trainers) on behalf of the person they wish to employ (in this case,

potential VDP). There is no provision within the current arrangements

for individuals to apply on their own behalf. This applies to both of

the permit arrangements mentioned below.British-based employers can obtain the application forms and their relevant guidance notes from the Working in the Uk website: www.workingintheuk.gov.ukPotential employers in Northern Ireland should contact the address shown overleaf.Funding of VT for non EEA NationalsAt

present nationals of countries outside the EEA who fall into the

following two categories may not be funded from public money to

undertake VT:

dentists with a work permit from the Department for Education and Employment issued under TWES or

dentist without permission to work in the UK for a period greater

than 12 months from the date of commencement of the vocational training

contract.This means that such dentists would have to find

other sources of funding their VT. From April 2006 The costs involved

are the VDP`s salary (gross costs, currently £28,188 per annum), the

trainer`s grant (£8,460) Plus travelling and subsistence costs

incurred through the VDP`s and Trainer`s attendances at VT study day

courses. Public money may be used to fund the VT of nationals of

countries outside the EEA who have settled status or derived rights in

the UKGood luckRegards,Ahmed From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...> Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 2:51 Subject: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Hi Guys,

Zubair

dear ahmedthank you very much , very informative ... want to clear one doubt unregistered dentist cannot work as a dental hygienist right....? arvind From: Bee Ahmed <ahmedbee@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 10:40 Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Hey, To work as a dentist in nhs you need perfromrt number from a PCT. They assces your post grad experience and some time you dont even have to do one year of VT by assesment and will get the performer number depending on the PCT.Best option is to contact the different denaries they are around 20 of them in uk and ask them under which visa status you can apply for VT by assement. Its much easy to apply for dentist associate jobs in scotland and wales, where there is more shortage of dentist. *The other option you have is to fund your own VT, once you find a job as a dentist and work as private dentist at the same practice. *work at private practice and do fully private work or find a job in co operate practice e.g Optical express dental clinic, oasis dental clinic. *work as a Hygenist til you find a proper job as a

dentist or to build up your contacts. (hygenist earn around 50

pounds an hour which isnt bad once you starting up) "you can also switch from a Post-Study Work Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 visa

application."Some information : Dentists qualifying from dental schools in the UK, EEA and non-EEA countriesBefore

have completed VT or

are exempt from the requirement to complete VT. Permission to work in the UKNationals of countries outside the EEA must have permission to enter and work in the UK before they may undertake VT.Dentists

the permit arrangements mentioned below.British-based employers can obtain the application forms and their relevant guidance notes from the Working in the Uk website: www.workingintheuk.gov.ukPotential employers in Northern Ireland should contact the address shown overleaf.Funding of VT for non EEA NationalsAt

undertake VT:

dentists with a work permit from the Department for Education and Employment issued under TWES or

the UKGood luckRegards,Ahmed From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...> Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 2:51 Subject: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Hi Guys,

Zubair

Sent from on

arvind yadav <arvindkumaryadav84@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Wed, Jan 4, 2012 11:06:31 AM

dear ahmedthank you very much , very informative ... want to clear one doubt unregistered dentist cannot work as a dental hygienist right....? arvind From: Bee Ahmed

<ahmedbee@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 10:40 Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

Hey, To work as a dentist in nhs you need perfromrt number from a PCT. They assces your post grad experience and some time you dont even have to do one year of VT by assesment and will get the performer number depending on the PCT.Best option is to contact the different denaries they are around 20 of them in uk and ask them under which visa status you can apply for VT by assement. Its much easy to apply for dentist associate jobs in scotland and wales, where there is more shortage of dentist. *The other option you have is to fund your own VT, once you find a job as a dentist and work as private dentist at the same practice. *work at private practice and do fully private work or find a job in co operate practice e.g Optical express dental clinic, oasis dental clinic. *work as a Hygenist til you find a proper job as a

pounds an hour which isnt bad once you starting up) " you can also switch from a Post-Study Work Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 visa

application. " Some information : Dentists qualifying from dental schools in the UK, EEA and non-EEA countriesBefore

have completed VT or

undertake VT:

Hi Guys,

Zubair

Yes you have to be registered as dentist or hygienist/dental therapist to perform any kind of work inside patient mouth.

Even to work as dental nurse/assistant you need to be either registered with gdc or attending a training course for dental nurses.

Sent from on Android

arvind yadav <arvindkumaryadav84@...>;

To:

< >;

Subject:

Sent:

Wed, Jan 4, 2012 11:06:31 AM

dear ahmedthank you very much , very informative ... want to clear one doubt unregistered dentist cannot work as a dental hygienist right....? arvind From: Bee Ahmed

<ahmedbee@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 10:40 Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1)

pounds an hour which isnt bad once you starting up) " you can also switch from a Post-Study Work Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 visa

application. " Some information : Dentists qualifying from dental schools in the UK, EEA and non-EEA countriesBefore

have completed VT or

undertake VT:

Hi Guys,

Zubair

Dear AhmedI am Arvind , an overseas dentist preparing for ORE exam . I got ur I'd from ore mutual help , I just want to clear one more doubt . Can overseas dentist work as dental hygist ? Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Bee Ahmed <ahmedbee@...>Sender: Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:04:39 +0000 (GMT) < >; arvindkumaryadav84@...<arvindkumaryadav84@...>Reply Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Sent from on From:arvind yadav <arvindkumaryadav84@...>; < >; Subject:Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Sent:Wed, Jan 4, 2012 11:06:31 AM dear ahmedthank you very much , very informative ... want to clear one doubt unregistered dentist cannot work as a dental hygienist right....? arvind From: Bee Ahmed<ahmedbee@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 10:40 Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Hey, To work as a dentist in nhs you need perfromrt number from a PCT. They assces your post grad experience and some time you dont even have to do one year of VT by assesment and will get the performer number depending on the PCT.Best option is to contact the different denaries they are around 20 of them in uk and ask them under which visa status you can apply for VT by assement. Its much easy to apply for dentist associate jobs in scotland and wales, where there is more shortage of dentist. *The other option you have is to fund your own VT, once you find a job as a dentist and work as private dentist at the same practice. *work at private practice and do fully private work or find a job in co operate practice e.g Optical express dental clinic, oasis dental clinic. *work as a Hygenist til you find a proper job as adentist or to build up your contacts. (hygenist earn around 50pounds an hour which isnt bad once you starting up) " you can also switch from a Post-Study Work Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 visawithout your employer needing to prove they cannot fill the job with aUK citizen. In order to apply for a Tier 2 visa you will need to haveworked for your sponsor for a continuous period of at least six monthsimmediately before the date of your application. Also, you must beapplying to continue in the same job you are doing on the date of theapplication. " Some information : Dentists qualifying from dental schools in the UK, EEA and non-EEA countriesBeforetheir names may be included on a PCT dental performers list, dentistswho are nationals of countries outside the EEA must:have completed VT orshow that they have acquired experience or training equivalent to VT orare exempt from the requirement to complete VT. Permission to work in the UKNationals of countries outside the EEA must have permission to enter and work in the UK before they may undertake VT.Dentistswho do not have permission to work in the UK for a period greater than12 months from the date of commencement of the VT contract may beeligible for a work permit subject to current UK Government Home Officeregulations.Applications for work permitsApplicationsfor permits can only be made by British-based employers (in this case,trainers) on behalf of the person they wish to employ (in this case,potential VDP). There is no provision within the current arrangementsfor individuals to apply on their own behalf. This applies to both ofthe permit arrangements mentioned below.British-based employers can obtain the application forms and their relevant guidance notes from the Working in the Uk website: www.workingintheuk.gov.ukPotential employers in Northern Ireland should contact the address shown overleaf.Funding of VT for non EEA NationalsAtpresent nationals of countries outside the EEA who fall into thefollowing two categories may not be funded from public money toundertake VT:dentists with a work permit from the Department for Education and Employment issued under TWES or dentist without permission to work in the UK for a period greaterthan 12 months from the date of commencement of the vocational trainingcontract.This means that such dentists would have to findother sources of funding their VT. From April 2006 The costs involvedare the VDP`s salary (gross costs, currently £28,188 per annum), thetrainer`s grant (£8,460) Plus travelling and subsistence costsincurred through the VDP`s and Trainer`s attendances at VT study daycourses. Public money may be used to fund the VT of nationals ofcountries outside the EEA who have settled status or derived rights inthe UKGood luckRegards,Ahmed From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...> Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 2:51 Subject: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Hi Guys, I had a few questions about working as a dentist on a Post Study Work Permit Visa. I have recently been granted this 2 year visa under the Tier 1 category and it states under Working restrictions that 'you cannot work as a Doctor/Dentist in Training.' Does this mean that I won't be able to undertake the Vocational Training to be able to practice as a NHS dentist here? And if so, would I still be able to find dental jobs without having done the Vocational training? This is quite a predicament I didn't see coming when I initially came to study here and now I am worried that all my efforts to pass Part 1 and now try and attempt part 2 may be in vain. If anyone can shed light on my dilemma I would be very grateful. Thanks.Zubair

Thank you Ahmed .Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless deviceFrom: Bee Ahmed <ahmedbee@...>Sender: Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:08:55 +0000 (GMT) < >; arvindkumaryadav84@...<arvindkumaryadav84@...>Reply Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Yes you have to be registered as dentist or hygienist/dental therapist to perform any kind of work inside patient mouth. Even to work as dental nurse/assistant you need to be either registered with gdc or attending a training course for dental nurses. Sent from on Android From:arvind yadav <arvindkumaryadav84@...>; < >; Subject:Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Sent:Wed, Jan 4, 2012 11:06:31 AM dear ahmedthank you very much , very informative ... want to clear one doubt unregistered dentist cannot work as a dental hygienist right....? arvind From: Bee Ahmed<ahmedbee@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 10:40 Subject: Re: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Hey, To work as a dentist in nhs you need perfromrt number from a PCT. They assces your post grad experience and some time you dont even have to do one year of VT by assesment and will get the performer number depending on the PCT.Best option is to contact the different denaries they are around 20 of them in uk and ask them under which visa status you can apply for VT by assement. Its much easy to apply for dentist associate jobs in scotland and wales, where there is more shortage of dentist. *The other option you have is to fund your own VT, once you find a job as a dentist and work as private dentist at the same practice. *work at private practice and do fully private work or find a job in co operate practice e.g Optical express dental clinic, oasis dental clinic. *work as a Hygenist til you find a proper job as adentist or to build up your contacts. (hygenist earn around 50pounds an hour which isnt bad once you starting up) " you can also switch from a Post-Study Work Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 visawithout your employer needing to prove they cannot fill the job with aUK citizen. In order to apply for a Tier 2 visa you will need to haveworked for your sponsor for a continuous period of at least six monthsimmediately before the date of your application. Also, you must beapplying to continue in the same job you are doing on the date of theapplication. " Some information : Dentists qualifying from dental schools in the UK, EEA and non-EEA countriesBeforetheir names may be included on a PCT dental performers list, dentistswho are nationals of countries outside the EEA must:have completed VT orshow that they have acquired experience or training equivalent to VT orare exempt from the requirement to complete VT. Permission to work in the UKNationals of countries outside the EEA must have permission to enter and work in the UK before they may undertake VT.Dentistswho do not have permission to work in the UK for a period greater than12 months from the date of commencement of the VT contract may beeligible for a work permit subject to current UK Government Home Officeregulations.Applications for work permitsApplicationsfor permits can only be made by British-based employers (in this case,trainers) on behalf of the person they wish to employ (in this case,potential VDP). There is no provision within the current arrangementsfor individuals to apply on their own behalf. This applies to both ofthe permit arrangements mentioned below.British-based employers can obtain the application forms and their relevant guidance notes from the Working in the Uk website: www.workingintheuk.gov.ukPotential employers in Northern Ireland should contact the address shown overleaf.Funding of VT for non EEA NationalsAtpresent nationals of countries outside the EEA who fall into thefollowing two categories may not be funded from public money toundertake VT:dentists with a work permit from the Department for Education and Employment issued under TWES or dentist without permission to work in the UK for a period greaterthan 12 months from the date of commencement of the vocational trainingcontract.This means that such dentists would have to findother sources of funding their VT. From April 2006 The costs involvedare the VDP`s salary (gross costs, currently £28,188 per annum), thetrainer`s grant (£8,460) Plus travelling and subsistence costsincurred through the VDP`s and Trainer`s attendances at VT study daycourses. Public money may be used to fund the VT of nationals ofcountries outside the EEA who have settled status or derived rights inthe UKGood luckRegards,Ahmed From: Zubair <dr.zubairali@...> Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 2:51 Subject: Question about Working Restriction on a Post Study Work Permit Visa (Tier 1) Hi Guys, I had a few questions about working as a dentist on a Post Study Work Permit Visa. I have recently been granted this 2 year visa under the Tier 1 category and it states under Working restrictions that 'you cannot work as a Doctor/Dentist in Training.' Does this mean that I won't be able to undertake the Vocational Training to be able to practice as a NHS dentist here? And if so, would I still be able to find dental jobs without having done the Vocational training? This is quite a predicament I didn't see coming when I initially came to study here and now I am worried that all my efforts to pass Part 1 and now try and attempt part 2 may be in vain. If anyone can shed light on my dilemma I would be very grateful. Thanks.Zubair