RemedySpot.com

Lyme testing in Europe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A post from a Lymie in UK- suggestions to get tested.AandrayaHave a look in files on Eurolyme especially the top folder and if you do still think it could be Lyme Disease then I would suggest you ask your doctor once more for tests, especially the Western blot so your blood would need sendingf rom your local lab to Southampton for this.If docto refuses you caould ask him/her to put in writing why he refuses to test for this in view of your multiple symptoms often indicative of lyme and the fact that no other test or diagnosis has been found, there is no reason for him to fob you off saying a neurologist will test for that- they may but why should you wait?Shirley is quite right that often even a positive nHS test only leads to a short course of treatment on nHS but sometimes we are lucky to educate our GP's on our health journey and maybe like me you may notice improvements early on in your antibiotic treatment so that GP takes an interest and is happy to continue treating.Some on this forum send blood to Igenex a private lab in California details easily found through Google and GP may be happy to draw blood for you to send or you may find another doctor here who will do this for a fee. Although NHS does not accept any lab test other than their own Igenex is highly supported by many good Lyme doctors. Essentially though Lyme is a clinical diagnosis and probably the best place in the UK is as Shirley suggested the Breakspear hospital, they will also consider other possible diagnosis and do various testing most of which can be very expensive.The more you understand about Lyme the better you can advocate for what helps you.My tests were negative but I responded well to a chance course of antibiotics and GP could see my response it was even her who suspected Lyme and continued to treat me as my symptoms improved on antibiotics.