RemedySpot.com

Window seals - broken by mites - and wood steps, too!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My ex-hubby took down a birds nest on our house and got the debris all over the

backyard. The black specs were all over our freshly painted white gutters.

Among tons of other places.

I had my favorite pest control guy, Todd, spray the house. He first removed a

bird's nest from our attic. Todd sprayed the gutters in the backyard. I was

with him and saw no weird results.

Next morning, I went to open the slider to the backyard. I looked at the

bottom, between the two panes of thermo glass. My God, it was full of black

specs and a bunch of brown stuff. The wood steps from our house to the patio,

had tiny black spots all over them. I thought they were little holes. I rubbed

my hand over them, and they were raised black specs. Those were never there

before.

Also, the parts of the step with knots from the wood, were almost all black and

turned into little craters. It must have happened during the night after Todd

sprayed.

Geez, these things can penetrate into your insulated windows??? And destroy

wood??? Scary.

When we sold that home as a result of our divorce, we took a $5000 hit on broken

window seals. No doubt the buyers noticed the sliding glass door and found some

other broken seals. The window washers only found one prior to that, and the

glass was not foggy, so I never noticed it. The rest were fine.

I am so happy that I am out of that house. Just moving made a tremendous

difference. I've moved out of state since then, back to my home state. And I

am pretty much okay.

I took everything I could get my hot little hands on out of that home - why

leave the ex all that stuff??? No more itchy clothes, weird toilet paper, itchy

blankets, etc. The mites must have loved that house.

I took a chance taking my things with me, but I thought it was worth a try,

moving to an apartment. And that was a good bet, don't know why!

Jan :)

Did you have animals too Jan? If so, were they ok?From: "jan.morin28" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:50:33 PMSubject: Window seals - broken by mites - and wood steps, too!My ex-hubby took down a birds nest on our house and got the debris all over the backyard. The black specs were all over our freshly painted white gutters. Among tons of other places.I had my favorite pest control guy, Todd, spray the house. He first removed a bird's nest from our attic. Todd sprayed the gutters in the backyard. I was with him and saw no weird results.Next morning, I went to open the slider to the backyard. I looked at the bottom, between the two panes of thermo glass. My God, it was full of black specs and a bunch of brown stuff. The wood steps from our house to the patio, had tiny black spots all over them. I thought they were little holes. I rubbed my hand over them, and they were raised black specs. Those were never there before.Also, the parts of the step with knots from the wood, were almost all black and turned into little craters. It must have happened during the night after Todd sprayed.Geez, these things can penetrate into your insulated windows??? And destroy wood??? Scary.When we sold that home as a result of our divorce, we took a $5000 hit on broken window seals. No doubt the buyers noticed the sliding glass door and found some other broken seals. The window washers only found one prior to that, and the glass was not foggy, so I never noticed it. The rest were fine.I am so happy that I am out of that house. Just moving made a tremendous difference. I've moved out of state since then, back to my home state. And I am pretty much okay.I took everything I could get my hot little hands on out of that home - why leave the ex all that stuff??? No more itchy clothes, weird toilet paper, itchy blankets, etc. The mites must have loved that house.I took a chance taking my things with me, but I thought it was worth a try, moving to an apartment. And that was a good bet, don't know why!Jan :)------------------------------------

Hi Jan

You are an inspiration to all of us - just what we all need to hear.. thanks!

I'm still struggling with this problem, but am moving house at the beginning of March, so hopefully should be able to get on top of it.

My mum, who also has the same problem, went to see her doctor today and was given itraconazole for 1 month, so hopefully she will start to feel better soon.. this has really taken it's toll on her.

Thanks again

Kaz x

From: jan.morin28 <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:50 PMSubject: Window seals - broken by mites - and wood steps, too!

My ex-hubby took down a birds nest on our house and got the debris all over the backyard. The black specs were all over our freshly painted white gutters. Among tons of other places.I had my favorite pest control guy, Todd, spray the house. He first removed a bird's nest from our attic. Todd sprayed the gutters in the backyard. I was with him and saw no weird results.Next morning, I went to open the slider to the backyard. I looked at the bottom, between the two panes of thermo glass. My God, it was full of black specs and a bunch of brown stuff. The wood steps from our house to the patio, had tiny black spots all over them. I thought they were little holes. I rubbed my hand over them, and they were raised black specs. Those were never there before.Also, the parts of the step with knots from the wood, were almost all black and turned into little craters. It must have happened during the night after Todd sprayed.Geez,

these things can penetrate into your insulated windows??? And destroy wood??? Scary.When we sold that home as a result of our divorce, we took a $5000 hit on broken window seals. No doubt the buyers noticed the sliding glass door and found some other broken seals. The window washers only found one prior to that, and the glass was not foggy, so I never noticed it. The rest were fine.I am so happy that I am out of that house. Just moving made a tremendous difference. I've moved out of state since then, back to my home state. And I am pretty much okay.I took everything I could get my hot little hands on out of that home - why leave the ex all that stuff??? No more itchy clothes, weird toilet paper, itchy blankets, etc. The mites must have loved that house.I took a chance taking my things with me, but I thought it was worth a try, moving to an apartment. And that was a good bet, don't know why!Jan

:)

Good luck to you and your mum Kaz. Are you planning on taking all your stuff with you ?

Von: Kaz <kazk1@...>An: "bird mites " <bird mites > Gesendet: 0:27 Mittwoch, 8.Februar 2012Betreff: Re: Window seals - broken by mites - and wood steps, too!

Hi Jan

You are an inspiration to all of us - just what we all need to hear.. thanks!

I'm still struggling with this problem, but am moving house at the beginning of March, so hopefully should be able to get on top of it.

My mum, who also has the same problem, went to see her doctor today and was given itraconazole for 1 month, so hopefully she will start to feel better soon.. this has really taken it's toll on her.

Thanks again

Kaz x

From: jan.morin28 <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:50 PMSubject: Window seals - broken by mites - and wood steps, too!

My ex-hubby took down a birds nest on our house and got the debris all over the backyard. The black specs were all over our freshly painted white gutters. Among tons of other places.I had my favorite pest control guy, Todd, spray the house. He first removed a bird's nest from our attic. Todd sprayed the gutters in the backyard. I was with him and saw no weird results.Next morning, I went to open the slider to the backyard. I looked at the bottom, between the two panes of thermo glass. My God, it was full of black specs and a bunch of brown stuff. The wood steps from our house to the patio, had tiny black spots all over them. I thought they were little holes. I rubbed my hand over them, and they were raised black specs. Those were never there before.Also, the parts of the step with knots from the wood, were almost all black and turned into little craters. It must have happened during the night after Todd sprayed.Geez,

these things can penetrate into your insulated windows??? And destroy wood??? Scary.When we sold that home as a result of our divorce, we took a $5000 hit on broken window seals. No doubt the buyers noticed the sliding glass door and found some other broken seals. The window washers only found one prior to that, and the glass was not foggy, so I never noticed it. The rest were fine.I am so happy that I am out of that house. Just moving made a tremendous difference. I've moved out of state since then, back to my home state. And I am pretty much okay.I took everything I could get my hot little hands on out of that home - why leave the ex all that stuff??? No more itchy clothes, weird toilet paper, itchy blankets, etc. The mites must have loved that house.I took a chance taking my things with me, but I thought it was worth a try, moving to an apartment. And that was a good bet, don't know why!Jan

:)