RemedySpot.com

Re: Mold Testing in Home

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow , I also was under the impression that mold could be always visible or at least detected by it's odour.

I am looking forward to your test results.

Von: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>An: Tim <bird mites > Gesendet: 18:23 Montag, 6.Februar 2012Betreff: Mold Testing in Home

My LLMD told me to order mold testing equipment - so I ordered today. I had passed along Aandraya's email re: body mold of someone she knew that had been diagnosed with it. Dr. thinks I might have that too. I'll let everyone know what comes of it. We had gigantic mold problems in this house when we got infected / infested with mites.

Had not cleaned out air filter since we had bought town house in 1989. Didn't know to do it. It was full of mold and it was a very hot summer... air conditioner was on all summer with fans, but the house was 80% humidity in the house in California. We didn't know what was wrong... couldn't smell mold at all or see it. Had no smell whatsoever.

Some molds smell of a mustiness or you can see them, this you could not. But air filter once we figured it out was at least 1 inch thick with mold. Air was not circulating in house at all. We were like living in a giant petri dish.

Hi ,

I had the same thing in my prior apartment. The only clue was that there was

pure black lint coming out of two heat vents near the furnace, and the filters

when changed, were filthy.

I got very ill, woke gasping for breath, coughed a lot, allergies out of

control. Zyrtec twice a day, became 3 and even 4. I wondered why I felt better

visiting my cousins on the lake. I also got chest pain on one side and had two

doctors suspect lung cancer. It turned out to be an inflammation of the soft

tissue near my rib cage.

I moved to another apartment and felt much better. I did get Rx's for an

inhaler and Rx strength Alleve. Within 2 weeks I was much better and by a month

back to normal'.

After that, I spoke to my MD and a couple of my other Drs. All agreed it was

mold and mildew in the combination furnace/air conditioner.

I recently had an inspector go over a condo I am purchasing and he said mold is

easy to prove. If only behind the walls in the ducts, etc., don't know how easy

this really is. A company that cleans vents should be able to get you a sample.

Almost impossible to get rid of. My guess would be an ozone generator, which

kills everything. Hopefully mold, as it is a living organism. Look online for

those - has to be done in a building with no one in it. And you have to let

fresh air in to even breathe, after that type of treatment.

I certainly sympathize with what you're going thru and wish you the best. And

that you are in a healthy environment soon!

Jan :)

>

> My LLMD told me to order mold testing equipment - so I ordered today. I had

passed along Aandraya's email re: body mold of someone she knew that had been

diagnosed with it. Dr. thinks I might have that too. I'll let everyone know what

comes of it. We had gigantic mold problems in this house when we got infected /

infested with mites.

>

>

> Had not cleaned out air filter since we had bought town house in 1989. Didn't

know to do it. It was full of mold and it was a very hot summer... air

conditioner was on all summer with fans, but the house was 80% humidity in the

house in California. We didn't know what was wrong... couldn't smell mold at all

or see it. Had no smell whatsoever.

>

>

> Some molds smell of a mustiness or you can see them, this you could not. But

air filter once we figured it out was at least 1 inch thick with mold. Air was

not circulating in house at all. We were like living in a giant petri dish.

>

>

>

>

Me too Aggi. You guys will be the first to hear.From: "Aggi Assmann" <aggi_assmann@...>bird mites Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:34:16 PMSubject: Re: Mold Testing in Home

Wow , I also was under the impression that mold could be always visible or at least detected by it's odour.

I am looking forward to your test results.

Von: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>An: Tim <bird mites > Gesendet: 18:23 Montag, 6.Februar 2012Betreff: Mold Testing in Home

My LLMD told me to order mold testing equipment - so I ordered today. I had passed along Aandraya's email re: body mold of someone she knew that had been diagnosed with it. Dr. thinks I might have that too. I'll let everyone know what comes of it. We had gigantic mold problems in this house when we got infected / infested with mites.

Had not cleaned out air filter since we had bought town house in 1989. Didn't know to do it. It was full of mold and it was a very hot summer... air conditioner was on all summer with fans, but the house was 80% humidity in the house in California. We didn't know what was wrong... couldn't smell mold at all or see it. Had no smell whatsoever.

Some molds smell of a mustiness or you can see them, this you could not. But air filter once we figured it out was at least 1 inch thick with mold. Air was not circulating in house at all. We were like living in a giant petri dish.

Thanks Jan. If we have to buy an ozonator will do it. I have a small ozone machine already. Wow, you had quite an experience yourself with a moldy environment. I guess we will see how much we still have and what it is when I get results back. I am wondering if everyone with mites and/or Morgellons gets some sort of mold issue internally. My guess is that we all do to some extent, depending on each of our health.From: "jan.morin28" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:02:48 PMSubject: Re: Mold Testing in HomeHi ,I had the same thing in my prior apartment. The only clue was that there was pure black lint coming out of two heat vents near the furnace, and the filters when changed, were filthy.I got very ill, woke gasping for breath, coughed a lot, allergies out of control. Zyrtec twice a day, became 3 and even 4. I wondered why I felt better visiting my cousins on the lake. I also got chest pain on one side and had two doctors suspect lung cancer. It turned out to be an inflammation of the soft tissue near my rib cage.I moved to another apartment and felt much better. I did get Rx's for an inhaler and Rx strength Alleve. Within 2 weeks I was much better and by a month back to normal'.After that, I spoke to my MD and a couple of my other Drs. All agreed it was mold and mildew in the combination furnace/air conditioner. I recently had an inspector go over a condo I am purchasing and he said mold is easy to prove. If only behind the walls in the ducts, etc., don't know how easy this really is. A company that cleans vents should be able to get you a sample.Almost impossible to get rid of. My guess would be an ozone generator, which kills everything. Hopefully mold, as it is a living organism. Look online for those - has to be done in a building with no one in it. And you have to let fresh air in to even breathe, after that type of treatment.I certainly sympathize with what you're going thru and wish you the best. And that you are in a healthy environment soon!Jan :)>> My LLMD told me to order mold testing equipment - so I ordered today. I had passed along Aandraya's email re: body mold of someone she knew that had been diagnosed with it. Dr. thinks I might have that too. I'll let everyone know what comes of it. We had gigantic mold problems in this house when we got infected / infested with mites. > > > Had not cleaned out air filter since we had bought town house in 1989. Didn't know to do it. It was full of mold and it was a very hot summer... air conditioner was on all summer with fans, but the house was 80% humidity in the house in California. We didn't know what was wrong... couldn't smell mold at all or see it. Had no smell whatsoever. > > > Some molds smell of a mustiness or you can see them, this you could not. But air filter once we figured it out was at least 1 inch thick with mold. Air was not circulating in house at all. We were like living in a giant petri dish. > > > >------------------------------------