RemedySpot.com

Benzoyl Peroxide Gel Method - URGENT Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Rita (or anyone who can help),I have bird mites that are living in my home in NC and burrowing in my scalp. I picked them up when I was at a club with a friend several weeks ago - verified by my aunt who dowsed to find where they came from. I treated the entire home with Cedarcide (which worked perfectly when I had them in Los Angeles 2.5 years ago thanks to my neighbors outdoor bird cages next to my window.) This time around, immediately after spraying my home with Cedarcide, they were crawling in my scalp and I couldn't get them off with a bath or shower. I recommend never treating your environment without starting treatment like the BP on yourself beforehand.

I am going to use Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% to kill them on me (for a week to 10 days) as I've read on your boards, while I simultaneously fog the home multiple times every 72 hours. QUESTIONS:When using the BP 2.5% do you coat your hair with it too? I have long fine hair and need to know if I just apply to my scalp or if I need to coat my hair to kill whatever is on the strands. Also, I get them on my eyelashes. I can't put BP on my eyelashes so I was thinking of smothering my lashes and eyes with coconut oil. What are your thoughts or experience with that. Or would vaseline be better? I am using vaseline 24/7 as a barrier to my ears and nose. Also is it ok to use BP on your genitalia? I have mights crawling there too unfortunately. Logic tells me not to put it on such a sensitive area but my desperation tells

me try anything to make sure I get rid of them completely. So far I have been keeping that region covered in vaseline and/or coconut oil to try to keep them from getting in me there. I just want to make sure they are GONE for good and I'm not missing any on me.I see that you say it takes about a week to get them all out of your pores. Is the gel applied once every 24 hours? OR morning and night? Is there anything else I should know to effectively use the BP?Also, I would love to find a homeopathic remedy for me since I have read a few people saying it cured them. Do you know of a homeopathic doctor you recommend who has experience curing bird mite cases.Also, Do you know of any other products or modalitites that are consistently curing bird mite cases?Thank you so much for any help you can provide

with my questions. I am 4-weeks in with the mites this time and trying to keep calm and find a solution. Kay