RemedySpot.com

need your advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does he have any symptoms of illness? It could also be yeast build up. Have you changed the brush head? Lots of things could cause this. I have a daughter that has sensory issues with letting me brush her teeth-kristi-- Sent from my Palm PixiOn Jan 24, 2011 1:17 AM, <towfique_ali@...> wrote:

Hi, folks

I'm a new member and I'm facing a trouble for which I thought to seek help from

the forum-

We live in Minnesota and my 7 years old autistic son is having a bad odor from

his mouth. It has started since the last 3-4 weeks and has increased

tremendously. We do use a Colgate toothpaste and an automatic toothbrush which

we have been using for 4-5 years now but don't have any clue why it has started

that he has been having bad odor from his mouth recently. We tried brushing 3

times a day but no help. Even after he does brush, odor keeps coming. Do you

have any clue/idea why this has been happening?

We could take him to a dentist but we are pretty much sure he will not let

the dentist check his mouth as he is non-verbal and can't understand our verbal

as well. So, he will be scared with the dentist. Any suggestion about any

dentist who is good for autistic kids?

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions!

-

Our local Children's Hospital has a dental practice. I would start there if it were me. I sent my son to the optometrist at our Children's hospital for that exact reason. I wanted someone who specialized with children and someone who was used to working with children with exceptionalities outside of the norm. Our local children's hospital is a division of Nemours...but I don't your area, so search for some children's hospitals in your area and call and see what they say...

From: <towfique_ali@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Mon, January 24, 2011 12:44:44 AMSubject: Need your advice

Hi, folksI'm a new member and I'm facing a trouble for which I thought to seek help from the forum-We live in Minnesota and my 7 years old autistic son is having a bad odor from his mouth. It has started since the last 3-4 weeks and has increased tremendously. We do use a Colgate toothpaste and an automatic toothbrush which we have been using for 4-5 years now but don't have any clue why it has started that he has been having bad odor from his mouth recently. We tried brushing 3 times a day but no help. Even after he does brush, odor keeps coming. Do you have any clue/idea why this has been happening?We could take him to a dentist but we are pretty much sure he will not let the dentist check his mouth as he is non-verbal and can't understand our verbal as well. So, he will be scared with the dentist. Any suggestion about any dentist who is good for autistic kids? Thanks in advance

for your kind suggestions!-

Ask your local austism support group chapter - they usually have a list of medical professionals who specialize in patients with austism.

Need your advice

Hi, folksI'm a new member and I'm facing a trouble for which I thought to seek help from the forum-We live in Minnesota and my 7 years old autistic son is having a bad odor from his mouth. It has started since the last 3-4 weeks and has increased tremendously. We do use a Colgate toothpaste and an automatic toothbrush which we have been using for 4-5 years now but don't have any clue why it has started that he has been having bad odor from his mouth recently. We tried brushing 3 times a day but no help. Even after he does brush, odor keeps coming. Do you have any clue/idea why this has been happening?We could take him to a dentist but we are pretty much sure he will not let the dentist check his mouth as he is non-verbal and can't understand our verbal as well. So, he will be scared with the dentist. Any suggestion about any dentist who is good for autistic kids? Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions!-

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3399 - Release Date: 01/23/11 19:34:00

Ask your local austism support group chapter - they usually have a list of medical professionals who specialize in patients with austism.

Need your advice

Hi, folksI'm a new member and I'm facing a trouble for which I thought to seek help from the forum-We live in Minnesota and my 7 years old autistic son is having a bad odor from his mouth. It has started since the last 3-4 weeks and has increased tremendously. We do use a Colgate toothpaste and an automatic toothbrush which we have been using for 4-5 years now but don't have any clue why it has started that he has been having bad odor from his mouth recently. We tried brushing 3 times a day but no help. Even after he does brush, odor keeps coming. Do you have any clue/idea why this has been happening?We could take him to a dentist but we are pretty much sure he will not let the dentist check his mouth as he is non-verbal and can't understand our verbal as well. So, he will be scared with the dentist. Any suggestion about any dentist who is good for autistic kids? Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions!-

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3399 - Release Date: 01/23/11 19:34:00

• 1 year later...

it has been so good to join this group and get feedback about this terrible

affliction. I few days ago when i realized what this was, i think i was in the

verge of a breakdown. Thankfully, i am hoping for the best in controlling this.

-i have an unfinished basement with 8ft ceilings and exposed beams(with exposed

pipes,etc) and physically washing in between all of this is just not possible.

i was thinking, can i get one of those outdoor sprayers and then just spray

everything down every 2-3 days? what would be most effective in your

experience? bleach? peroxide and borax (read somewhere that this will also

help with any mold-which is a bonus:)

-what should i sprinkle on my floors? i have just linoleum and old laminate.

borax? salt-household,sea, or epsom? DE? also, read of powdered sulfur and

mustard - but are these safe to breathe? can i use a combo of these?

-i have removed my pets to outdoors for the time being until i can get things

under control here. What have people had success with? I have a vet who will

give me an ivermectin product to inject into cats. I will use revolution on the

dogs(collie mixes). If i also use flea powder and FG DE, will this be

suffiecient?

-also, has anyone had any success using a good air purifier to treat? It is

supposed to work on dust mites, so i think that it would do the same for bird

mites (same size, etc)?

You know, i have lived my whole life on a farm(i'm 31) and i have never had

anything like this. I played with chickens, cats, dogs, cattle, baby birds from

nests, cleaned out manure, shovelled out grain bins, been right besides the dogs

while they were killing mice in nest in a shed/bin or any nuisance animal that

came on yard, etc, etc. in situations which most people would never want to

be:) I am not sure why now, especially since my mom and dad do not seem to be

affected. I think i have been sick a lot lately and maybe a candida problem and

my diet has been poor. I haven't been taking care of myself. So i think that

is maybe why. Do you think this is true?

thank you in advance for any help and input you can offer!!

your time and help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Have you ever had any tick bites? The reason I ask is that some of us have had tick bites in addition to bird mite bites - bird mites now carry many of the same infections that ticks carry, namely Lyme Disease, Bartonella, Babesia and a host of other diseases. Many of us who did get bird mites ended up with Lyme Disease and coinfections mentioned above. For some reason they are drawn to the people who have pre-existing health conditions too and people with healthier immune systems are often not as affected if at all.I wish I could answer with complete confidence what the best approach would be for you. Do you still live on a farm? Marie (healinghope) lives on a farm and had lots of animals. She is cured 100%. There are others who have taken other routes that are cured. I'll post the most recent post from Zoe who had terrible mites and what her procedure was. She and her husband were also cured 100%. Zoe wrote:Hi All,Many of you may not know our history with a bird mite infestation and many of you do.... We have literally tried everything under the sun for over 2 years to combat the infestation in our home, cars, work, and bodies. I've coined the name, Human Bird Mite Host Syndrome (BMHS), to best describe the disease we got following an intense bird mite infestation in our home.The bird mites we had (maybe still do) are microscopic and clear when not filled with blood. They are not attracted to all people. Instead it appears that they tend to like some folks more than others to feed on and that once they somehow MARK you as a host (to be feasted on), then you become the target of biting and non-biting mites everywhere, where ever in the world you go.I cannot begin to describe to anyone the horror and misery my husband and I have been through over the past 2 years. It got better over time with using many protocols and products but still is not 100% gone we don't think... everyday I wake up and wonder if I will get new bites and where they will occur on my body. For the 1st 18-months we had 100s of painful bites on our bodies. We would only get 1 a day most days, but they each took months to go away so they added up quickly.Here is what helped us the most:Hydrogen peroxide sprayed on the skin alternated with white vinegar sprayed on the skin (especially on the area of the bites seem to finally kill the mites and the organism they infected us with (the markers) that were living on our skin. We left it on our skin for at least 5-30 min or more before rinsing.3 months of Doxycycline (3 times per day) followed by 3 months of Bactrim DS 2 times per day finally killed what ever was in our blood and skin that was attracting them to us. We believe the antibiotics killed an organism the bird mites infected us with. 2-way carpet tape surrounding the base of our bed kept the bird mites out of our bed.Washing all linens and and clothes on STERILE setting w/ Biokleen Plus and ironing everything we could killed all mites in clothes and linens.Revolution on the dog and cat 2 times per months helped our pets.Vacuuming, roller taping, and hydrogen peroxide and vinegar killed the mites in our house. Steri Fab also killed bird mites in the house and cars.But we had to get rid of the cars and all our furniture because, nothing was 100% in killing the mites. Out Prius was unbearable for us... we got eaten alive in it daily. None of friends or family did though because they had not been MARKED as hosts.We think the only reason we got MARKED as a host was because of an organism they infected us with via a few bites when the house was 1st infested. We think the house must have been infested with an astronomical number of mites at first.Almost everything we own is in our garage now and I am afraid to go in there to get rid of it all. It has been in there for about 18months now and it is still possibly infested with mites. I brought a couple dining rm chairs from the garage into our house last week and got a few bites on my bottom. So did my husband... so we don't think the stuff in the garage is safe... The bites on my bottom could have been coincidental... this is all so freakish!!!So it seems like antibiotics were crucial in helping us get much better. We think we are at ~98% now...I'll keep you posted.z3

I have also used it in the washing machine instead of using a conditioner. Never had problems with my clothes though. Additionally, steam ironing works very well. Only heat actually kills these freaking monsters !

Von: Benton <sarahbenton48@...>An: "bird mites " <bird mites > Gesendet: 0:14 Samstag, 18.Februar 2012Betreff: Re: need your advice

Spray with one cup of Lysol Complete Clean to a gallon of water.

From: well453 <well453@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:12 AMSubject: need your advice

it has been so good to join this group and get feedback about this terrible affliction. I few days ago when i realized what this was, i think i was in the verge of a breakdown. Thankfully, i am hoping for the best in controlling this.-i have an unfinished basement with 8ft ceilings and exposed beams(with exposed pipes,etc) and physically washing in between all of this is just not possible. i was thinking, can i get one of those outdoor sprayers and then just spray everything down every 2-3 days? what would be most effective in your experience? bleach? peroxide and borax (read somewhere that this will also help with any mold-which is a bonus:) -what should i sprinkle on my floors? i have just linoleum and old laminate. borax? salt-household,sea, or epsom? DE? also, read of powdered sulfur and mustard - but are these safe to breathe? can i use a combo of these?-i have removed my pets to outdoors for the time being until i

can get things under control here. What have people had success with? I have a vet who will give me an ivermectin product to inject into cats. I will use revolution on the dogs(collie mixes). If i also use flea powder and FG DE, will this be suffiecient?-also, has anyone had any success using a good air purifier to treat? It is supposed to work on dust mites, so i think that it would do the same for bird mites (same size, etc)? You know, i have lived my whole life on a farm(i'm 31) and i have never had anything like this. I played with chickens, cats, dogs, cattle, baby birds from nests, cleaned out manure, shovelled out grain bins, been right besides the dogs while they were killing mice in nest in a shed/bin or any nuisance animal that came on yard, etc, etc. in situations which most people would never want to be:) I am not sure why now, especially since my mom and dad do not seem to be affected. I think i have been sick a lot lately

and maybe a candida problem and my diet has been poor. I haven't been taking care of myself. So i think that is maybe why. Do you think this is true?thank you in advance for any help and input you can offer!!your time and help is greatly appreciated!!!!