RemedySpot.com

Beware of Fake Canadian Drugs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

But how could we tell if they were fake and we purchased them? I bought Rifampin from Canada because it was much cheaper than buying it at Costco where I got it before... I knew it was the real thing since I'd taken it before for months, i.e., side effects being yellowing of urine and other side effects as well, but here is the following info to be aware of if ordering from Canada. There are places according to what I read that state that fake drugs can be purchased in the US as well:Well known Canadian internet pharmacies are under criminal investigation by the FDA for supplying a counterfeit drug manufactured abroad in non-FDA approved facilities and transported through a convoluted supply chain to the US.The Wall Street Journal reported the story in articles on March 7, 2012 and in related postings.Analysis of the fake version of Avastin (a cancer drug) showed it contained possibly harmful chemicals, without the active ingredient. Two pharmacies subpoenaed in the investigation are River East Supplies, Ltd. and CanadaDrugs.com. The owners (who are brothers-in-law) say they were unaware that the drugs were fakes.http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2012/02/28/a-m-vitals-fake-avastin-contained-cleaning-chemicals07. Mar 2012 - The Wall Street JournalDrug distributor is tied to imports of fake Avastin(The full article is for Journal subscribers only. if you're not a subscriber, you can watch the video.)http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203370604577261343974214110.html