RemedySpot.com

Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Terry, it took about three weeks to kick in early in my disease when there wouldn't have been as much to clean off the cell walls to permit effective synaptic response. I would suggest maybe trying it out for a couple of months before expecting results. I picture the essential fatty acids gradually dissolving the gunk. It might NOT work, but essential fatty acids are so good for our hearts and skin anyway, that there is almost bound to be an observable benefit of some kind. Other products contain the same essential fatty acid but lack the particular properties of evening primrose, which was identified specifically for my original use of it, however it is possible that any product containing essential fatty acids would be helpful. If money is an issue with you as it is with many of us then I would just use what I already had in my cabinet first, then buy more. I do highly recommend the potency of NOW

Super Primrose. It only takes half as much for me as the other major brands do.

Kajay

From: mitesbegone <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:15 AMSubject: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Thank you for your posting. I think that your theory may be very sound. Evening Primrose is not one of the standard supplements to take and that combined with the lack of brain fog (of which I do have and have never taken EP)...could say something about the efficacy of the product. I wonder though if taking it after brain fog symptoms appear will be helpful or if one had to take it before hand. I am still going to check it out to see if it will help. Thanks Terry> >> > Evening primrose potency varies widely and I have experimented with many brands. During premenopause, I took 2600 mg (two 1300 mg) Twinlabs brand and during menopause I took 3900 mg. I always took it at night but now know that since it is a slight stimulant I should probably have taken it in the morning, or split the dosage between morning and night.> > > > The first May after I started taking evening primrose oil caps, I walked out one May morning and

noticed I could breathe without sneezing for the first spring since I was preadolescent. That's a long time to suffer debilitating allergies - preadolescence to premenopause! But my respiratory allergies were gone. I could even run out of the evening primrose and be protected for up to about three days before I had to buy more. Over time, after menopause that is, I could go longer periods without the evening primrose and got up to about six months between treatments. I would buy a bottle, take it regularly, run out, and not buy any more, and not have any postmenopausal or allergic respiratory symptoms at all. Now and then I would buy another bottle and repeat the process. I had birdmites the whole time I was taking evening primrose for premenopause and menopause. > > > > > > I continued with the same dosage after menopause and gradually got so I only had to take a capsule or two a month for maintenance. In the past year my

allergy symptoms started kicking in so now I take two or three capsules a week for maintenance. > > > > > > I noticed that there was not much difference in potency between brands - until I discovered NOW Super Primrose. The NOW Foods company's mission is simple: high quality and low prices. > > > > > > I have found that one 1300 mg Super Primrose capsule is as potent as two or maybe three other branded capsules of the same size. Since Super Primrose prices are competitive, that in effect makes them cost half as much as the competition - at least. > > > > > > When I am ready to buy, I just google "1300 super primrose" and I never pay over $20 including shipping for 120 capsules. It is quite reasonable. > > > > > > Another observation: evening primrose only eliminates my respiratory allergy symptoms. I still have contact allergic

reactions to animals, but I now know that is probably because their "pets" are attracted to my remaining biofilm. I have to keep my dogs on the usual life cycle flea treatments or I get eaten alive when I'm near them. Hopefully that will ease off or go away as I continue to clear my body of this pestilence.> > > > kajay> >>

Guest guest

Kayjay link for the primrose, please.

> > >

> > > Evening primrose potency varies widely and I have experimented with many

brands. During premenopause, I took 2600 mg (two 1300 mg) Twinlabs brand and

during menopause I took 3900 mg. I always took it at night but now know that

since it is a slight stimulant I should probably have taken it in the morning,

or split the dosage between morning and night.

> > >

> > > The first May after I started taking evening primrose oil caps, I walked

out one May morning and noticed I could breathe without sneezing for the first

spring since I was preadolescent. That's a long time to suffer debilitating

allergies - preadolescence to premenopause! But my respiratory allergies were

gone. I could even run out of the evening primrose and be protected for up to

about three days before I had to buy more. Over time, after menopause that is, I

could go longer periods without the evening primrose and got up to about six

months between treatments. I would buy a bottle, take it regularly, run out, and

not buy any more, and not have any postmenopausal or allergic respiratory

symptoms at all. Now and then I would buy another bottle and repeat the process.

I had birdmites the whole time I was taking evening primrose for premenopause

and menopause.

> > >

> > >

> > > I continued with the same dosage after menopause and gradually got so I

only had to take a capsule or two a month for maintenance. In the past year my

allergy symptoms started kicking in so now I take two or three capsules a week

for maintenance.

> > >

> > >

> > > I noticed that there was not much difference in potency between brands -

until I discovered NOW Super Primrose. The NOW Foods company's mission is

simple: high quality and low prices.

> > >

> > >

> > > I have found that one 1300 mg Super Primrose capsule is as potent as two

or maybe three other branded capsules of the same size. Since Super Primrose

prices are competitive, that in effect makes them cost half as much as the

competition - at least.

> > >

> > >

> > > When I am ready to buy, I just google " 1300 super primrose " and I never

pay over $20 including shipping for 120 capsules. It is quite reasonable.

> > >

> > >

> > > Another observation: evening primrose only eliminates my respiratory

allergy symptoms. I still have contact allergic reactions to animals, but I now

know that is probably because their " pets " are attracted to my remaining

biofilm. I have to keep my dogs on the usual life cycle flea treatments or I get

eaten alive when I'm near them. Hopefully that will ease off or go away as I

continue to clear my body of this pestilence.

> > >

> > > kajay

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Each time I am ready to buy I just google this:

NOW Super Primrose 1300 120

And that loads up the places I can by the 1300mg capsules, 120-ct. Then I click Shopping and pick my deal. Right now a couple I have used before are out of stock but it looks like it is available here for under $13 and shipping. They don't take Paypal. Couldn't find it in stock from a merchant who does

http://www.betterhealthinternational.com/productDetails.asp?prodID=N1757 & gclid=CKmu4cqowa8CFQpY7Aodnwlyzg

The price has remained the same for years--actually, I think it has dropped. My first bottle of Super Primrose was just over $20 with shipping, but I haven't paid that much since.

Love,

Kajay

From: healinghope <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:55 AMSubject: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Kayjay link for the primrose, please.> > >> > > Evening primrose potency varies widely and I have experimented with many brands. During premenopause, I took 2600 mg (two 1300 mg) Twinlabs brand and during menopause I took 3900 mg. I always took it at night but now know that since it is a slight stimulant I should probably have taken it in the morning, or split

the dosage between morning and night.> > > > > > The first May after I started taking evening primrose oil caps, I walked out one May morning and noticed I could breathe without sneezing for the first spring since I was preadolescent. That's a long time to suffer debilitating allergies - preadolescence to premenopause! But my respiratory allergies were gone. I could even run out of the evening primrose and be protected for up to about three days before I had to buy more. Over time, after menopause that is, I could go longer periods without the evening primrose and got up to about six months between treatments. I would buy a bottle, take it regularly, run out, and not buy any more, and not have any postmenopausal or allergic respiratory symptoms at all. Now and then I would buy another bottle and repeat the process. I had birdmites the whole time I was taking evening primrose for premenopause and menopause. > > >

> > > > > > I continued with the same dosage after menopause and gradually got so I only had to take a capsule or two a month for maintenance. In the past year my allergy symptoms started kicking in so now I take two or three capsules a week for maintenance. > > > > > > > > > I noticed that there was not much difference in potency between brands - until I discovered NOW Super Primrose. The NOW Foods company's mission is simple: high quality and low prices. > > > > > > > > > I have found that one 1300 mg Super Primrose capsule is as potent as two or maybe three other branded capsules of the same size. Since Super Primrose prices are competitive, that in effect makes them cost half as much as the competition - at least. > > > > > > > > > When I am ready to buy, I just google "1300 super primrose" and I never pay

over $20 including shipping for 120 capsules. It is quite reasonable. > > > > > > > > > Another observation: evening primrose only eliminates my respiratory allergy symptoms. I still have contact allergic reactions to animals, but I now know that is probably because their "pets" are attracted to my remaining biofilm. I have to keep my dogs on the usual life cycle flea treatments or I get eaten alive when I'm near them. Hopefully that will ease off or go away as I continue to clear my body of this pestilence.> > > > > > kajay> > >> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Kajay, I order most of my oils and things from NOW so am a believer in

their products. And I agree with you, it probably won't hurt and has all the

potential of helping. I will try and be patient though and wait for it to help

over time. There are no magic bullets, as the saying goes....although not

entirely sure what that means...LOL...Terry

> > >

> > >

about three days before I had to buy more. Over time, after menopause that is, I

months between treatments. I would buy a bottle, take it regularly, run out, and

symptoms at all. Now and then I would buy another bottle and repeat the process.

and menopause.

> > >

> > >

for maintenance.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

competition - at least.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

biofilm. I have to keep my dogs on the usual life cycle flea treatments or I get

> > >

> > > kajay

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

KajayIs Evening Primrose better than fish oil for brain function as far as you know?From: "Kajay109" <morjella@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:51:14 AMSubject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Terry, it took about three weeks to kick in early in my disease when there wouldn't have been as much to clean off the cell walls to permit effective synaptic response. I would suggest maybe trying it out for a couple of months before expecting results. I picture the essential fatty acids gradually dissolving the gunk. It might NOT work, but essential fatty acids are so good for our hearts and skin anyway, that there is almost bound to be an observable benefit of some kind. Other products contain the same essential fatty acid but lack the particular properties of evening primrose, which was identified specifically for my original use of it, however it is possible that any product containing essential fatty acids would be helpful. If money is an issue with you as it is with many of us then I would just use what I already had in my cabinet first, then buy more. I do highly recommend the potency of NOW

Kajay

From: mitesbegone <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:15 AMSubject: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Thank you for your posting. I think that your theory may be very sound. Evening Primrose is not one of the standard supplements to take and that combined with the lack of brain fog (of which I do have and have never taken EP)...could say something about the efficacy of the product. I wonder though if taking it after brain fog symptoms appear will be helpful or if one had to take it before hand. I am still going to check it out to see if it will help. Thanks Terry> >> > Evening primrose potency varies widely and I have experimented with many brands. During premenopause, I took 2600 mg (two 1300 mg) Twinlabs brand and during menopause I took 3900 mg. I always took it at night but now know that since it is a slight stimulant I should probably have taken it in the morning, or split the dosage between morning and night.> > > > The first May after I started taking evening primrose oil caps, I walked out one May morning and

noticed I could breathe without sneezing for the first spring since I was preadolescent. That's a long time to suffer debilitating allergies - preadolescence to premenopause! But my respiratory allergies were gone. I could even run out of the evening primrose and be protected for up to about three days before I had to buy more. Over time, after menopause that is, I could go longer periods without the evening primrose and got up to about six months between treatments. I would buy a bottle, take it regularly, run out, and not buy any more, and not have any postmenopausal or allergic respiratory symptoms at all. Now and then I would buy another bottle and repeat the process. I had birdmites the whole time I was taking evening primrose for premenopause and menopause. > > > > > > I continued with the same dosage after menopause and gradually got so I only had to take a capsule or two a month for maintenance. In the past year my

allergy symptoms started kicking in so now I take two or three capsules a week for maintenance. > > > > > > I noticed that there was not much difference in potency between brands - until I discovered NOW Super Primrose. The NOW Foods company's mission is simple: high quality and low prices. > > > > > > I have found that one 1300 mg Super Primrose capsule is as potent as two or maybe three other branded capsules of the same size. Since Super Primrose prices are competitive, that in effect makes them cost half as much as the competition - at least. > > > > > > When I am ready to buy, I just google "1300 super primrose" and I never pay over $20 including shipping for 120 capsules. It is quite reasonable. > > > > > > Another observation: evening primrose only eliminates my respiratory allergy symptoms. I still have contact allergic

reactions to animals, but I now know that is probably because their "pets" are attracted to my remaining biofilm. I have to keep my dogs on the usual life cycle flea treatments or I get eaten alive when I'm near them. Hopefully that will ease off or go away as I continue to clear my body of this pestilence.> > > > kajay> >>

Guest guest

I take Fish oil capsules daily... I really notice it when I don't take them.From: Goldstein@...To: bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 2:41:08 PMSubject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

KajayIs Evening Primrose better than fish oil for brain function as far as you know?From: "Kajay109" <morjella@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:51:14 AMSubject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Kajay

Guest guest

Hi, ,I don't know. I am using fish oil in place of EPO for the moment because it is what I have on hand. I do know that even if two products have a common main ingredient, in this case gamma lineoic acid, the properties of the source, in this case I guess a fish and a plant, differ. I guess I will soon know if the fish oil version of the gamma lineoic acid also manages my respiratory allergies!Lecithin is also good for keeping cells "cleaned up" because it is an emulsifier. Lecithin is known to help keep our brains functioning efficiently as we age. This suggests that maybe what keeps our brains from functioning well might at least have an oily or fatty

component.Kajay From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Kajay

Guest guest

Can you describe what you feel when you haven't taken them for a while? From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

I take Fish oil capsules daily... I really notice it when I don't take them.From: Goldstein@...To: bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 2:41:08 PMSubject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Kajay

Guest guest

Kajay,Thanks for the info on EPO. I will do more exploring on this topic. If I don't have the fish oil I start to feel really stupid... (more than usual). Brain function not that great, but it gets worse. Testing I did with Dr. M indicated my Omega 3's were very low, so I started taking the fish oil regularly, regardless of the worry I had about the mercury and toxicity from that. Maybe the EPO would help my husband too who has such terrible chronic bronchitis, & asthma at times. I have respiratory allergies too, all year long.You know, it might be useful to have a list of what other people are taking for what. I would be happy to do the same.Thanks! From: "Kajay109" <morjella@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 4:44:45 PMSubject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Hi, ,I don't know. I am using fish oil in place of EPO for the moment because it is what I have on hand. I do know that even if two products have a common main ingredient, in this case gamma lineoic acid, the properties of the source, in this case I guess a fish and a plant, differ. I guess I will soon know if the fish oil version of the gamma lineoic acid also manages my respiratory allergies!Lecithin is also good for keeping cells "cleaned up" because it is an emulsifier. Lecithin is known to help keep our brains functioning efficiently as we age. This suggests that maybe what keeps our brains from functioning well might at least have an oily or fatty

component.Kajay From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 5:41 PM Subject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Kajay

Guest guest

No merc in EPO :-) From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 8:29 PM Subject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Kajay,Thanks for the info on EPO. I will do more exploring on this topic. If I don't have the fish oil I start to feel really stupid... (more than usual). Brain function not that great, but it gets worse. Testing I did with Dr. M indicated my Omega 3's were very low, so I started taking the fish oil regularly, regardless of the worry I had about the mercury and toxicity from that. Maybe the EPO would help my husband too who has such terrible chronic bronchitis, & asthma at times. I have respiratory allergies too, all year long.You know, it might be useful to have a list of what other people are taking for what. I would be happy to do the same.Thanks! From: "Kajay109" <morjella@...>To:

bird mites Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 4:44:45 PMSubject: Re: Re: Evening Primrose specifics

Kajay

Guest guest

Sometimes grass root knowledge when shared amongst a group of people suffering

with the same symptoms can lead to some surprising conclusions...

Wow...I should have just said " sounds like a good idea to me "

Terry

> > >

> > >

and menopause.

> > >

> > >

for maintenance.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

competition - at least.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > kajay

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I like what you said. Some people are natural teachers.

Kajay

------------------------------

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 2:42 AM EDT mitesbegone wrote:

>

>Sometimes grass root knowledge when shared amongst a group of people suffering

with the same symptoms can lead to some surprising conclusions...

>

>Wow...I should have just said " sounds like a good idea to me "

>

>Terry

>

>> > >

>> > > Evening primrose potency varies widely and I have experimented with many

>> > >

>> > > The first May after I started taking evening primrose oil caps, I walked

and menopause.

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > I continued with the same dosage after menopause and gradually got so I

for maintenance.

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > I noticed that there was not much difference in potency between brands -

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > I have found that one 1300 mg Super Primrose capsule is as potent as two

competition - at least.

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > When I am ready to buy, I just google " 1300 super primrose " and I never

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > Another observation: evening primrose only eliminates my respiratory

>> > >

>> > > kajay

>> > >

>> >

>>

>

>